Select Anime Releases for $10 @ Wal-Mart (B&M / YMMV)

WTK

CAGiversary!
Updated list with links to Walmart.com if applicable:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well well, Soul Eater and Kenichi might be worth my looking into I suppose, though I do detest even entering Wal-Mart. We'll see just how YMMV this is.

$10 for volumes isn't a good deal at all. If I lived near a Wal Mart and didn't own the first three parts of Soul Eater, I'd definitely look for those, though.

THANKS!

Picked up:
Initial D Third Stage Film
Yuyu Hakusho season 3
Yuyu Hakusho season 4
Soul Eater Part 1
Soul Eater Part 2
Kenichi Part 1
Kenichi Part 2
Gunslinger Girl Season 2

EDIT

So I just watched Initial D. One of the worst things I've ever watched. Maybe I'm just not a car person, but I couldn't stand the characters either or the artstyle. Dub is very unimpressive. The DVD was also fake widescreen, meaning black bars on all four sides of the picture. All the inanimate objects look fantastic though. Races are fun, even though I have no idea how realistic they are. Music is great as well.

I'd like to know if Kenichi is worth keeping.

At my local Walmart, I was able to pick up the following for $10 each plus tax:
Soul Eater Part 1
Soul Eater Part 2
Yu Yu Hakusho: Season 3 Set
Yu Yu Hakusho: Season 4 Set

Also, I saw the following:
Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino--The Complete Series for $10 (I'll probably go back to buy this. I don't know why I didn't pick it up tonight =P)
Full Metal Alchemist Season 1 (Viridian Collection) $19.99

Is Kenichi any good? Would any of you recommend this?

Thanks for the post, OP!

[quote name='kk012']
Full Metal Alchemist Season 1 (Viridian Collection) $19.99
[/QUOTE]

Went to Wal-Mart to pick up Beauty and the Beast and picked up Full Metal Alchemist Season 1 as well. I was surprised to see it at $20 since it was just re-released. A few weeks back I picked up Transformers Season 2, Vol. 1 for $13. Good hunting.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Soul Eater would make a good gift for a 12 year old ya?[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if you're serious...

The manga has a lot of sexual undertones. I've only seen the first few episodes of anime, but it's a lot tamer. It's not something good for a 12 year old unless you don't mind the 12 year old watching something a little bit more mature.

I checked a few walmarts and nada. If anyone can get Extras of Soul Eater I'll buy or trade for em and I'll take Kenichi too.

Also Soul Eater gets MUCH darker as it goes on. Definitely not for kids.

[quote name='elessar123']I can't tell if you're serious...

The manga has a lot of sexual undertones. I've only seen the first few episodes of anime, but it's a lot tamer. It's not something good for a 12 year old unless you don't mind the 12 year old watching something a little bit more mature.[/QUOTE]

Ehhh, 12 isn't so young is it? Go to any middle school during lunch period and tell me what you hear :cold:.

I'd get it for him (my youngest brother), but since my parents would probably get all upset if they saw something inappropriate, then I suppose you're right. That's the age when I watched Bebop and such though, so I know he could handle it.

What to get, what to get...

I'm trying to track down the soul eater volumes. I will be looking tomorrow at a few walmarts, but would someone be willing to help out if I come up short?

Thanks for the heads up. Had to drive 30 miles away, but got Soul Eater vol 1., vol. 2, Gunslinger Girl S2, and Yuu Yuu Hakusho vol 4.

I just checked Walmart online for Yu Yu Hakusho 3 and 4 and they had them for $10 a pop. Free shipping to store, but no way to see if they already have it at the store. Keep an eye out for Amazon because they are known to price match pretty quickly to sales like this. Soul Eater is sold out at Walmart online, so YMMV.

Tell me if Kenichi is worth keeping

Also, should I return Gunslinger Girl and order the Blu-ray? It is only $10 more and has 2 more episodes.

[quote name='jfs_87']Tell me if Kenichi is worth keeping

Also, should I return Gunslinger Girl and order the Blu-ray? It is only $10 more and has 2 more episodes.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing on GSG. I saw the first episode of GSG S2 when it first came out, and hated it. I was even anticipating the Pinocchio arc =(

I checked the Walmart site for availability to see if any of my local stores caried Soul EAter and only found 1 that ever did. It didn't confirm if they had it in stock but I took the drive. They only had 2 copies of each set.

[quote name='McWeen']I checked the Walmart site for availability to see if any of my local stores caried Soul EAter and only found 1 that ever did. It didn't confirm if they had it in stock but I took the drive. They only had 2 copies of each set.[/QUOTE]
How did you do this? The only thing I can do is individually select a store and then run a search one by one for each store. Is there an easier way?

didn't find any of these at my local walmarts....

did however see Fullmetal Alchemist Complete Season One for 19.96, which seems like a crazy good price.

[quote name='McWeen']I checked the Walmart site for availability to see if any of my local stores caried Soul EAter and only found 1 that ever did. It didn't confirm if they had it in stock but I took the drive. They only had 2 copies of each set.[/QUOTE]

did you pick up both copies and want to sell me one set? :bouncy:

Anyone try pming Best Buy? I'm going to be giving it a go tomorrow. Just gonna bring in a print out of the Wal Mart page. Might have them call Wal Mart to match the price of 2 as well, after I buy the first one as to not push my luck.

Ironically the Walmart I was going to check last, and the one nearest my house had all of the boxsets mentioned in this thread. I got Soul Eater 1 and 2, Gunslinger Girl and both parts of Kenlchi.

Just to note, all of this anime was on a special endcap. Not very many boxsets (bought all of them) but tons of volumes.

I would love it if someone would pick me up a copy of both Soul Eater sets, I can pay by Paypal.

I'm going to try my local store tomorrow and see what I can find, if I don't find anything, I would really appreciate it if someone would pick me up a copy of both Soul Eater sets, I can pay by Paypal. I really love the series and was hoping I could get it for good deal.

Wow...does their site to store shipping really take 3+ weeks?! Or is the shipping confirmation email just giving itself time just in case?

Hey guys, I just wanted to update the thread to let everyone know that Soul Eater Part One is back in stock on the WalMart site for $10.00!! :D

This is so sad, my Friend told me about Soul Eater and no go at my local Wal-Marts...if anyone runs across at least the first two sets, let me know...I hear good(and odd) things about this anime...much appreciation(I noticed I can no longer even find Soul Eater on the Wal-Mart website, completely gone)

Picked up Gunslinger Girl S2 and Soul Eater part 1 at the store, as well as Fullmetal Alchemist for $20. Got Yu Yu Hakusho 3 and 4 from the site, as I won't be at near that store any time soon.

This deal caught me completely by surprise! I was at the store with a friend, and saw all these great deals! I convinced my friend to buy Evangelion, cause it's pretty great.

Cool beans, got Yu Yu Hakusho Part 3+4! Been meaning to buy the series sometime...

Now to look for Part 2...Already got part 1

I figured you would have owned this one Kirin...very odd for you. Logged on Website..already shipped.....Yay.

bread's done
Back