Select BBC Season 1 Sets at Wal-Mart B&M $20

XymerFF

CAGiversary!
I was at Walmart tonight and they were redoing their DVD sections. INcluded in their TV shows were some BBC shows priced at twenty dollars. Included were Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Merlin. These shows RARELY drop in price. Especially Doctor Who. I picked up Doctor Who, but I will go back for Torchwood as the box was kind of smashed. Maybe this is a sign that BBC is willing to start to be competitive with their prices. They make some of the best shows on TV.

[quote name='XymerFF']I was at Walmart tonight and they were redoing their DVD sections. INcluded in their TV shows were some BBC shows priced at twenty dollars. Included were Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Merlin. These shows RARELY drop in price. Especially Doctor Who. I picked up Doctor Who, but I will go back for Torchwood as the box was kind of smashed. Maybe this is a sign that BBC is willing to start to be competitive with their prices. They make some of the best shows on TV.[/QUOTE]

hey OP which Doctor Who season was it,Matt Smith or David Tennet?

[quote name='larrythefatcat']HAHA... Season 1 with Matt Smith or David Tennant?... FAIL![/QUOTE]

so how is it a fail if it was an honest mistake?

by the way OP thank you for clearing that up but gotta pass,i truly didn't like Eccleston as the Doctor. hopefully they will add the later seasons.

[quote name='joker______']so how is it a fail if it was an honest mistake?

by the way OP thank you for clearing that up but gotta pass,i truly didn't like Eccleston as the Doctor. hopefully they will add the later seasons.[/QUOTE]

Because when the doctor regenerates it doesn't make a brand new TV series. Plus if you know of the next two doctors you should be able to tell it would be neither of them.

[quote name='Fire2box']Because when the doctor regenerates it doesn't make a brand new TV series. Plus if you know of the next two doctors you should be able to tell it would be neither of them.[/QUOTE]

yes i understand that but i didn't see the season 1 next to the title,like i said it's an honest mistake. so i don't understand how an honest mistake is an automatic fail?

[quote name='elessar123']David Ten-inch...[/QUOTE]

He got that nickname during Casanova, I believe... although I'm pretty sure I'm wrong about that.

And @ joker(I don't know how many underscores):

Just messing with you... it just seemed rather obvious with "Season 1" being right after "BBC" in the title of the thread. You say you missed it, so I guess that would be the "fail".

Although "Season 1" of Doctor Who would actually be with William Hartnell... "Series 1" is the one with Christopher Eccleston. If you want to get "technical" about it... ;)

True it isn't actually a true season 1. But on the box, it is labeled as series 1. I never really got into the original Doctor episodes, but the remake is one of my favorite shows. It is funny that every time they change the doctor I think I will not like the new one and then end up liking the new one over the old one. It is a series that has gotten better over time.

[quote name='XymerFF']True it isn't actually a true season 1. But on the box, it is labeled as series 1. I never really got into the original Doctor episodes, but the remake is one of my favorite shows. It is funny that every time they change the doctor I think I will not like the new one and then end up liking the new one over the old one. It is a series that has gotten better over time.[/QUOTE]

Yep, thats the british shining through. Seasons = series there, at least to the BBC anyways.

bread's done
Back