Sell me on the reasons I should get a Gamecube

Eric467

CAGiversary!
Yes, I don't have one yet, and never have, I've had many Nintendo systems over the years but never purchased a GC. I'm trying to research what the best games, and exclusive games are, but am having some trouble.

What games are must-haves when I get a GC?
What RPGs are good?
Are there any Shooters too?

Please don't flame me for posting this, I really want everyone's opinions on what some of the best games are. I've missed out on Nintendo for too long.

Thanks

[quote name='Eric467']Yes, I don't have one yet, and never have, I've had many Nintendo systems over the years but never purchased a GC. I'm trying to research what the best games, and exclusive games are, but am having some trouble.

What games are must-haves when I get a GC? [/quote]

Must have is a flaky definition, but here are some titles I love:

Eternal Darkness, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, (do you like PSO?), Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, ...

What RPGs are good?

Hmm.. if you havn't experienced it on Dreamcast, Skies of Arcadia rocks. I hear great things about Tales of Symphonia (coincidentally, I am literally about to play it). Not a whole lot of RPG action on the Gamecube.

What kind of shooters? FPS? Japanese? If you mean Japanese, not really, but there is IKARUGA! If you mean FPS, then a few (MoH ports, etc).

Please don't flame me for posting this, I really want everyone's opinions on what some of the best games are. I've missed out on Nintendo for too long.

Thanks

If you enjoy Nintendo as a first party developer, it's pretty much a no-brainer, especially since one of the finest games is currently bundled with the system (in an awesome looking box might I add).

Metroid Prime, Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil, Star Wars Rebel Strike ( trust me),Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 2,Pikmin 1 & 2, Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2, Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, Skies of Arcadia, Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, Eternal Darkness,and Paper Mario 2, Tales of Symphonia, Mario Kart Double Dash, and most other multi platform games are better on the game cube than playstation 2.

[quote name='rabbitt']$100. Two paychecks. 'Nuff said.[/quote]

Two? That's like.. half of one paycheck when I was working at EB.

Anyways, Animal Crossing is a good reason to own the Cube.. other than that.. nothing much..

Thanks everyone. I know Metroid Prime is one I have to check out, same for Animal Crossing.

I know Resident Evil is now on the Cube, what other franchises are exclusive to the system?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='rabbitt']$100. Two paychecks. 'Nuff said.[/quote]

Anyways, Animal Crossing is a good reason to own the Cube.. other than that.. nothing much..[/quote]

Well, I mean.. weekly check? Bi monthly? Part time? 10 hours (light-light shift)?

So many factors X

1. because you don't have one.
2. xbox and playstation and pc pretty much get the same games (not all the time but most) with a gamecube you gonna get exclusives.
3. if you have any of the other systems the gamecube would be a nice addition(again exclusive's and for the games that don't come on the system you can buy for your other console's)
4. look at reason's one throught three.

(this is just my opinion)

i actually dont enjoy the Cube

Animal Crossing will get Old in about a week
didnt like Metroid Prime
Resident evil is good

Xbox has the best multi-platform games with hdtv custom soundtracks

anyway get whatever you like

1. because you don't have one.
2. xbox and playstation and pc pretty much get the same games (not all the time but most) with a gamecube you gonna get exclusives.
3. if you have any of the other systems the gamecube would be a nice addition(again exclusive's and for the games that don't come on the system you can buy for your other console's)
4. look at reason's one throught three.

(this is just my opinion)

If you have a playstation dont get an xbox, There aren't that many games on xbox you cant get on ps 2. The only games you should get for xbox are Halo 1 & 2, Nnja Gaiden, and Knights of the Old Republic, and probably like 5 more titles, at most. But if you have an xbox or ps2 already game cube is the best addition. Excellent, and exclusive games, plus the ridiculous price, with a free game, and demo. Definetely buy. Trust me.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='rabbitt']$100. Two paychecks. 'Nuff said.[/quote]

Anyways, Animal Crossing is a good reason to own the Cube.. other than that.. nothing much..[/quote]

Well, I mean.. weekly check? Bi monthly? Part time? 10 hours (light-light shift)?

So many factors X[/quote]

Damn, does it really matter? What I was trying to get at is that the 'Cube is an inexpensive powerhouse. And let's assume he works minimum wage for 20 hours.

[quote name='rabbitt'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='rabbitt']$100. Two paychecks. 'Nuff said.[/quote]

So many factors X[/quote]

Damn, does it really matter? What I was trying to get at is that the 'Cube is an inexpensive powerhouse. And let's assume he works minimum wage for 20 hours.[/quote]

Sure doesn't. I actually considered deleting that post, but fuck it.

The best game for cube is also packaged with your buy of the console. Also note Metroid Prime has a better average than Halo. That makes it better. And Metroid Prime 2 will be even better.

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']The best game for cube is also packaged with your buy of the console. Also note Metroid Prime has a better average than Halo. That makes it better. And Metroid Prime 2 will be even better.[/quote]

I agree with you, but the logic is ridiculous.

[quote name='Eric467']Yes, I don't have one yet, and never have, I've had many Nintendo systems over the years but never purchased a GC. I'm trying to research what the best games, and exclusive games are, but am having some trouble.

What RPGs are good?

Thanks[/quote]

Honestly I can't recommend getting a cube myself. I bought one about 2 years ago now and i've spent probably 15 total hours playing it. As for Metroid Prime, if you want a good 3d shooter role playing type experience just save your money and get Half Life 2.

[quote name='Levizk'][quote name='Eric467']Yes, I don't have one yet, and never have, I've had many Nintendo systems over the years but never purchased a GC. I'm trying to research what the best games, and exclusive games are, but am having some trouble.

What RPGs are good?

Thanks[/quote]

Honestly I can't recommend getting a cube myself. I bought one about 2 years ago now and i've spent probably 15 total hours playing it. As for Metroid Prime, if you want a good 3d shooter role playing type experience just save your money and get Half Life 2.[/quote]that's what you get for playing games that suck. Metroid Prime sucks, Half Life suck, andyone who doesn't recommend a gamecube sucks. resodent evil sucks.

A while back me and my girl decided to go seperate ways for a bit, and in a moment of weakness i bought a gamecube (hey, sudden free time, why not) Soon after we got back together and we are getting married in like 50 hours.

Nintendo saved my future marriage!

Even if it is a coincidence, i've had tons of fun playing Ikaruga, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Viewtiful Joe, and Animal Crossing(Mario Sunshine didnt do it for me). So while the cube lacks the quantity of games that xbox or ps2 has, it makes up for it in quality of games. These games get mad style points.

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl']shaq-fuing zelda you retard[/quote]

only wind waker and fourswords.

the new one is nasty.

[quote name='DenisDFat']Best GCN RPG, Paper Mario 2, is coming out in about 2 weeks[/quote]

I can't believe it, I actually agree with you on something....j/k

Thanks again everyone. I'm definitely going to pick up the Metroid Prime bundle. Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing seem like a good start too.

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']The best game for cube is also packaged with your buy of the console. Also note Metroid Prime has a better average than Halo. That makes it better. And Metroid Prime 2 will be even better.[/quote]

Absolutely horrible logic. Reviews don't mean shit.

I wouldn't suggest it either. The only great exclusive games are Super Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash. By the way, some of the games mentioned aren't even exclusives (Viewtiful Joe, Super Monkey Ball).

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I wouldn't suggest it either. The only great exclusive games are Super Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash. By the way, some of the games mentioned aren't even exclusives (Viewtiful Joe, Super Monkey Ball).[/quote]

At the moment super Monkey Ball still is.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I wouldn't suggest it either. The only great exclusive games are Super Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash. By the way, some of the games mentioned aren't even exclusives (Viewtiful Joe, Super Monkey Ball).[/quote]

As of this SECOND, SMB is exclusive. In the future, it won't be - but it'll likely be cheaper on native platform.

Furthermore, I hear the Ps2 version of VJ is inferior (slowdown?).

Etc.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']
At the moment super Monkey Ball still is.

Yeah, but a pack of both is coming to PS2 in December. And XBOX later.[/quote]

I eluded to and directly spoke about that in my previous post.

You must have missed it.

bread's done
Back