Seller won't provide USPS tracking no.

i23mix

CAGiversary!
So I win an auction on a Hava HD recorder box (to record video game footage) from this guy on ebay. Paid through Paypal, shipping is through USPS + insurance. 2 weeks later, I still haven't recieved anything. I also check his feedback throughout the week to see if other have recieved their boxes and most of them do.

I get worried and fired off an email if he has shipped it and if he would provide the tracking number. He responds that he is confused and that the tracking says it's delivered. So I reply and tell him to give me the tracking number in which his response was:

"I do not provide tracking numbers "if" tracking shows the package has actually arrived. Your package shows that it has arrived, therefore I will not provide you with tracking number. If your package showed that your package did "not" arrive, I would be glad to provide you with tracking number. As of now I will only provide tracking number to Paypal or Ebay as proof of delivery if I have to."

wtf??

He also tells me to ask my neighbors and check my local post office. Since I live in an apartment complex, USPS boxes and stuff is put into a locker and and the key for it goes in the mailbox. The mailman/woman rarely ever makes mistakes.

I ask him politely again to provide me with the tracking # since I have no proof that he actually sent it and am waiting for his reply. I will probably dispute it soon.

What bugs me though is that he won't give out the tracking number. I mean, what does he have to lose by giving it to me? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Here's his ebay store link He's still selling a bunch of those Hava boxes and seems legit in his feedback thus far. Sorry if this thread is a rant.

Whenever i sell on ebay i not only include tracking, but immediately give the number to my buyer. Anyone who doesnt is questionable. Tracking is important for both the buyer and the seller...

did you pay by credit card if so this is the email i would give back

Since you do not want to give me the DC number and i never got the item... Say Hello to mr chargeback .

: )

I would dispute the charge saying i never got the item and the seller refuses to give you the DC number

LOL that Cena picture looks like Every best buy worker when you ask them a question : )

Seems like being "confused" is a common theme for people trying to scam these past few weeks whenever you ask them something. (see my recent posts) =P

Since he has already said the supposed tracking says it's delivered, I'd call your credit card company as was pointed out above.

Sounds like either he lost the # or never shipped to begin with.

[quote name='i23mix']So I win an auction on a Hava HD recorder box (to record video game footage) from this guy on ebay. Paid through Paypal, shipping is through USPS + insurance. 2 weeks later, I still haven't recieved anything. I also check his feedback throughout the week to see if other have recieved their boxes and most of them do.

I get worried and fired off an email if he has shipped it and if he would provide the tracking number. He responds that he is confused and that the tracking says it's delivered. So I reply and tell him to give me the tracking number in which his response was:

"I do not provide tracking numbers "if" tracking shows the package has actually arrived. Your package shows that it has arrived, therefore I will not provide you with tracking number. If your package showed that your package did "not" arrive, I would be glad to provide you with tracking number. As of now I will only provide tracking number to Paypal or Ebay as proof of delivery if I have to."

wtf??

He also tells me to ask my neighbors and check my local post office. Since I live in an apartment complex, USPS boxes and stuff is put into a locker and and the key for it goes in the mailbox. The mailman/woman rarely ever makes mistakes.

I ask him politely again to provide me with the tracking # since I have no proof that he actually sent it and am waiting for his reply. I will probably dispute it soon.

What bugs me though is that he won't give out the tracking number. I mean, what does he have to lose by giving it to me? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Here's his ebay store link He's still selling a bunch of those Hava boxes and seems legit in his feedback thus far. Sorry if this thread is a rant.[/QUOTE]

OK. So I open a Paypal dispute and request for the tracking number again. Response?

"...I like to and want to build my reputation as a SOLID and CUSTOMER FRIENDLY seller. I guess it does not matter whether I provide a tracking number to you or Paypal. The bottom line is you did not seem to have receive your package. If you cna be so kind and remove this dispute I can send you a replacement unit "free of charge". As a gesture, I just ask you to pay for the shipping. I think this is reasonable."

So dude probably did not even send it and is now telling me to close the dispute for a replacement unit along with me paying shipping for it. wtf? I lay down the law and say either I get a "replacement unit" with tracking number this time and shipping paid for or just a full refund. Dispute closing only if I get my "replacement" or full refund.

I'm curious, if I close the dispute on his terms I have no way of opening another dispute or getting my money back right?

[quote name='i23mix']

I'm curious, if I close the dispute on his terms I have no way of opening another dispute or getting my money back right?[/quote]
Right.
Do NOT close the dispute unless you get your money or the item.
If you close it, that's it, theres no way to open another dispute.

I wouldnt give him squat till you get the item. He has already not done what he said to begin with. A good seller does everything, and i mean, everything, in their power to make that buyer happy. On ebay you have to, otherwise its the "bad" feedback, which people do very much look at... ive let sellers off for little things, just because i know i wouldnt want bad feedback, myself. But im being much nicer to them than im sure some of them would be to me...

Keep that dispute open, and make sure to tell him you're not closing it until you either have a full refund in your account, or the product in your hands. Do NOT even consider closing it UNTIL you have one of those.

Like everyone said keep that dispute open...

I think if he was a legitimate seller then he/she shipped that item off without any type of delivery confirmation or tracking and USPS lost the item now he/she is panicking cause of a dispute (sellers fault)
He tried to rip one of his customers off (maybe the price you got that item for was lower than what he/she expected) and now he s/he has a dispute to worry about (sellers fault)

You have no reason to close it, no reason to pay for shipping again and he had no legitimate reason not to give you the tracking number (unless he didn't have one to begin with).
Good thing you did PayPal/Ebay... I think with their methodology the burden of proof will lie on the seller, meaning if the seller can't prove they shipped the item to you then the seller will have to give you a refund.

Definitely dispute it. I've done a lot of deals on ebay and disputing through ebay and through PayPal are the best ways to get lazy sellers to get into action. If you already paid for shipping, you have no reason to pay for it again.

[quote name='mguiddy']Right.
Do NOT close the dispute unless you get your money or the item.
If you close it, that's it, theres no way to open another dispute.[/quote]

[quote name='YodaEXE']Keep that dispute open, and make sure to tell him you're not closing it until you either have a full refund in your account, or the product in your hands. Do NOT even consider closing it UNTIL you have one of those.[/quote]

[quote name='eebuckeye']Do NOT close the dispute and do NOT pay for shipping again. Tell him you will close the dispute once you have your product.[/quote]

After you follow the above step, report this jerk to ebay. Include his messages to you in the email. This is completely unacceptable behavior.

Well, looks like the seller caved in and gave me a full refund. At least I got a positive feedback from all this. lol

bread's done
Back