Selling a computer?

Vulcan2422

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
So I'm trying to sell my computer so I can help my wife with the bill for my teeth to be pulled ($540....stupid teeth!) I was wondering if this an OK price for my computer at all? I just seem to get no hits on it. Is it because of the processor?

Thermal Take CPU Tower
Gigabyte - GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard
Crucial - Ballistix Memory (4 1 gig sticks)
Power Suppy Unit is a PSU-OCZ600SXS
Intel Celeron E3400 Wolfdale 2.6ghz Processor
150gb Hard Disk Drive with LinuxPCOs
OLD Nvidia 256mb Video Card
Wireless Mouse and keyboard

I honestly can't believe this. Even though mine isn't brand new, but wow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gigabyte-GA-EP4...671897920?pt=Motherboards&hash=item3cb1418140

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a Celeron probably has a small negative affect. But I think it's the lack of Windows. The typical person looking for a cheap pc, isn't capable or interested in loading an os. And those people have no idea what Linux is.

I say get pliers and do it yourself.

But about the computer... hm... I think 250 for the whole package (With monitor and all) does seem like a fair price, but the technology is pretty meh and it's not something I would actually pay for at all. 150 you might see people inquiring, but 250 is hmmmm........

[quote name='kilm']I say get pliers and do it yourself.

But about the computer... hm... I think 250 for the whole package (With monitor and all) does seem like a fair price, but the technology is pretty meh and it's not something I would actually pay for at all. 150 you might see people inquiring, but 250 is hmmmm........[/QUOTE]

If only my teeth were that strong enough to handle Plies! :D

I will put 150 and see if i get some inquiring minds.

It's deleted..

Also, why the hell is that mobo going for over $300... max I would pay is $150 new. It was like $150 when several places still sold it, or around that price range.. the hell?

Specs?

Most people who buy a pc used have no money and want something dirt cheap. When you can go to bestbuy and buy a emachine for like 350 bucks for the entire setup your going to have a hard selling a used computer to those types of folks.

I cant see your link though so I dont know what your selling. Someone mentioned celeron though and no windows. That alone wont make it worth much to most people.

You should just donate it and look for a community dentistry group that has sliding scales.

I actually sold it last night for 150. As Kilm said, there were A LOT of people inquiring about it when it was at 150.

The Specs on it were

Thermal Take CPU Tower
Gigabyte - GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard
Crucial - Ballistix Memory (4 1 gig sticks)
Power Suppy Unit is a PSU-OCZ600SXS
Intel Celeron E3400 Wolfdale 2.6ghz Processor
150gb Hard Disk Drive with LinuxPCOs
OLD Nvidia 256mb Video Card
Wireless Mouse and keyboard
Acer 17" LCD Monitor.

bread's done
Back