selling goods on Amazon.com?

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
Been considering selling some gaming accessories and was wondering if there's any extra hidden fee, charges, I haven't sold anything on amazon before

I see some options listed

5. Select your shipping methods

I want to ship this item myself to the customer if it sells.
I want Amazon to ship and provide customer service for my items if they sell. Learn More

All sellers are required to offer at least standard shipping. When your product sells, you will receive a shipping credit as shown below. The shipping rates set by Amazon vary by product type. Learn more Standard Shipping:
Transit time: 4 - 14 business days
Required
$3.99 shipping credit (view rate table) Expedited Shipping:
Transit time: 2 - 6 business days
Yes
$6.99 shipping credit (view rate table)

Interested in selling more than 40 items/month? Sign up today as a Professional Seller.
  1. No per item listing fees
  2. Create new product detail pages on Amazon.com
  3. Sell in over 25 categories from books to electronics to sports & outdoors
Learn More

The usual breakdown goes like this:

List Price - $1.35 - .99 - 15% of List Price + $3.99 = What you get, shipped.

Example: An item listed at $11 + $3.99 shipping will get you $11 shipped after fees.

That's for the video game category, the fees might be a little less for electronics or other categories.

I'm only fluent in their video game fees, which is pretty high compared to ebay. Not too sure about accessories, but I'd reckon they're probably similar.

What kind of accessories are we talking? Like controllers? You might get dicked over by shipping rates if it's anything bigger than a standard sized game/controller.

Is there extra charges if you want to ship the item and store it in Amazon's warehouse and you finally get paid once it actually sells?

I sold an RC plane I had as soon as the buyer got it bam filed a claim, sent me back some beat up shit. I was out $150. I am almost certain it was another seller. I went off with their outsourced trash rep. Never been back to amazon since then buying or selling. But I have thinking about adding a few thing and letting it sit since ebay auctions expire.

Check this calc out.

http://www.rolbe.com/amazon_marketplace.htm

Amazon offers absolutely no protection for sellers. If you can't afford to lose your shit, go to ebay, who at least helps sellers a little bit.

A long time ago, I sold a Mario Kart without the wheel (cause I wanted a second wheel) and the dumbass who bought it filed a claim even though I said about 4 times in the listing "NO WHEEL."

Not to mention you don't get paid immediately with amazon, one of my main gripes.

Sometimes it's a great place to sell, but I stick to ebay 98% of the time

I know this doesn't really help the discussion, but I have something to share. I just got an email from Amazon that my selling privileges have been revoked. Why? Because...

"We took this action because your order defect rate (ODR) does not meet Amazon’s performance target of less than 1%."

What this really means is that I was hosed by 2 buyers in the last six months. One for a $3 comic, the other for a CD that sold for $2.

I can appeal and "present a detailed plan to meet [Amazon's] performance standards in the future" but I just don't think it's worth the effort to re-list all the inventory they deleted.

So frustrating.

Anyway, off to ebay for me. Good luck if you decide to list there.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Not to mention you don't get paid immediately with amazon, one of my main gripes.

Sometimes it's a great place to sell, but I stick to ebay 98% of the time[/QUOTE]

It's funny you say that since I feel the exact opposite way. I sold strictly on Amazon for about a year and then decided to throw up a few things that the market was better for on eBay. In a week I sold 3 items and not a single buyer paid or even communicated with me. At least with Amazon you have to have the money if you want to buy something. The last couple things I sold on eBay I used the "require immediate payment" option and that seemed to solve that.

Basically I stick to Amazon for smaller things and eBay for knick knacks, bigger items I want to set the shipping price on, and stuff you aren't allowed to sell on Amazon like cell phones and used software.

bread's done
Back