Selling my GH2 for 360 but how the heck am I gonna ship it????!?!?

SoNiC1023

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (98%)
Hey guys im thinking about selling my GH2 on here in the next couple of days but I have no idea on how im gonna ship that huge thing. I comes with the box and everything. For all you guys who have sold it online and shipped it how much did it cost you to ship it? Where did you get a box to ship it in? Who did you ship it with??

Sell it on Craig's List.

The old GH boxes were think enough to ship in 2 priority flat rate USPS boxes, you just had to combine the 2 boxes to make it long enough. But I am pretty sure the 360 box is too thick for that. So sell it on Craig's List, I know Waterloo ain't that tiny.

Well you know I never thought of that..... Im gonna go sell it on craigslist! To bad Waterloo doesnt have one so I have to sell it in another towns list

Well i just looked and all the cities around me are dead when it comes to postings I wish I could find some1 on here that would be willing to buy it from me but do a pickup.

If you have the box, go to Kmart or any other retail store and buy packing paper (looks like wrapping paper only it is the color of cardboard) wrap your box like you would a present and send it. I assume that the post office will charge you for oversize shipping so just weigh it and figure it out at http://www.usps.com/

I used to work at a UPS Store. If you have a guitar/music store anywhere around ask them if you can have a box to ship a guitar. The one here in town is usually good for it. Just cut it down as much as you need, they are usually double walled so it wouldn't take too much, then just stuff it with whatever you want for packing.

I've now shipped 2 different guitar hero bundles. The first one, I took two of the flat priority boxes (might have been the flat rate ones) and they slid almost perfectly over the box with one sliding over the other. I taped it up and and wrapped it in craft paper and shipped it off. The second one, I wrapped in bubble wrap and then wrapped it in thick craft paper and shipped it. No problems with either one.

I sent one out last week wrapped in bubble wrap and kraft paper. $8 shipped, tracked, ad insured via USPS priority. Then again, it was only going one state away, so YMMV

[quote name='veedubkid']If you have the box, go to Kmart or any other retail store and buy packing paper (looks like wrapping paper only it is the color of cardboard) wrap your box like you would a present and send it. I assume that the post office will charge you for oversize shipping so just weigh it and figure it out at http://www.usps.com/[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^... already mentioned it a few posts above

How much were you looking to get for this? Plus in what condition is the guitar/game in? I might be interested in buying it from you. Plus I'd pay shipping of course as long as you let me know what it is.

Just get a HUGE box. So as long it fits the length of it. Then take a box cutter or something and score (slightly cut the inside the box) the same height as the GH. This will make folding of the box easier. Just make sure not to cut all the way through ..just a slight cut. This would be like a guide for folding the box. Do this for all necessary sides and tape it up in packaging tape. Make sure to tape it securely.

I had a seller ship me the GH2 game and guitar in the original box, no shipping box, just putting priority tape around the box to seal it and slapping a address label on it.

[quote name='addicted2games']I had a seller ship me the GH2 game and guitar in the original box, no shipping box, just putting priority tape around the box to seal it and slapping a address label on it.[/QUOTE]

Same, got here just fine from CA to MD just took forever since the ass shipped media mail. Would have shipped fedex myself.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Just buy a box at a box store for a couple bucks. I'm guessing to ship it will cost like $10.[/QUOTE]
Its not so easy to just walk in a store and buy a box. The size and shape of GH boxes are not normal sized. So if you buy a box that fits the length, you'll have a HUGE empty area on top. Depending on the zone of where the buyer live, prices vary via USPS. I shipped GH1 and it costs $17 via Priority.

[quote name='coolsteel']Same, got here just fine from CA to MD just took forever since the ass shipped media mail. Would have shipped fedex myself.[/QUOTE]

That sounds exactly like what I did, media mail included :p. I sent out a guitar in the white box that is under the case/wrapper, just with the addressee's name on the front and tape all around the sides. That seemed like the easiest way to me. Sold it on eBay for 30 bucks or so.

bread's done
Back