Selling My Macbook I have encountered...(need advice)...OFFERS NOW OPEN TO CAG

TheHapaOne

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Multiple people trying to scam me by telling me to ship it to Nigeria, however, i do have someone that is a legit offerer, how trusty are craigslist buyers should I go cash only? as I'm asking $850 for it or should i accept checks?

Specs:
early 2008 White Macbook
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
Hitachi 320gb 7200RPM HDD
2gb 667MHz RAM
OSX 10.6.3

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah just wanted to check, thats what i thought cash or gtfo only transaction i did was buying a 360 for $100 brought my switchblade just incase since it was in a bad neighborhood everything went well so just wanted to see if the majority was the same

yeah i know 850 is high expecting more in the 700-800 range but posting it at 850 was worth a try and so far I have a bite just have to get it to go through... I'm in college and the 400 on top of the 850 i need to get the pro is already a ton for me since i have no job

Don't forget to clean your hard drive out. It may have random personal information on it at hidden places.

[quote name='Xevious']Don't forget to clean your hard drive out. It may have random personal information on it at hidden places.[/QUOTE]

Yeah know how to do all that stuff...gonna erase the HDD and reinstall the OS once someone buys it

so it seem that my person might have backed out...so I'm opening the offer up to CAG looking for between 800-850 need the money to buy a new PRO thanks

^ When installing OSX there is an option to zero out the drive before installation. When u choose your installation drive there is an button like "advance" or "other" believe its on the bottom left when u get the window to select your hdd. Just to be safe you should zero the drive out before the reinstall . It has all the options there for multiple passes incase u are super paranoid.

oh i know everything about it lol I'm a Computer Engineer so its easy stuff to do I like how everyone wants to make sure i completely delete the HD thanks guys

Why not just throw it on ebay?

When I sold my intel iMac a few years ago (WORST MISTAKE EVER!!!) I just offered free ground shipping and jacked the price up a tad. I paid like 1100 for it...sold it for 800. I got my money first and then shipped it out with a tracking number. 3 days upon delivery for notification of a return - buyer pays shipping. (because in 3 days, you should know if something is wrong)

Guy didn't have any complaints, and i got the money I needed.

Yeah I've thought about that too only problem is I daily use my comp and if I sell it ill probably go right to the apple store and buy the macbook pro ebay is too long for me to be waiting

So today I get two more people trying to scam me:

First one asked to send a certified check next day mail and then once i cashed it they would have a "mover" come pick it up...sounds fishy to me

Second one offers 1000 plus 150 shipping by paypal if I ship it to New York...I never trust the paypal unless it's on a forum or someone I know

bread's done
Back