Selling Old 360 Harddrive - Question about downloaded DLC/Arcade games...

Stoic Person Eater

CAGiversary!
Feedback
231 (100%)
I am getting rid of my old 360 harddrive since I upgraded recently. I've deleted all my game saves, profile, account information, but the Arcade games and DLC I've downloaded are still saved on the harddrive. Will someone who purchases the harddrive be able to access the games/dlc on their own profile?

Thanks - SPE

DRM for XBLA titles are tied to the console that the games were purchased on as well as the XBL account used for the purchase.

Purchased games played on the same console don't require to be signed into XBL for them to be full titles. If they're on another console, then you need to be signed into XBL to access them as full titles.

In short terms, no.

Though, did you follow the format process as described below?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906502

That's supposed to blank the hard drive completely. Just format it and it'll be completely empty.

I hadn't wiped it completely, but now I will. I was seeing if the games would carry over for the next buyer, but it makes perfect sense that it would not.

Thanks for the replies.

You should have copied your game saves and stuff to a thumb drive! Unless you're not going to be doing any more 360 gaming.

bread's done
Back