Selling sports cards

tgk2044

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
I'm probably going to sell my old sports card collection. My problem is, I need something to get a good estimate on prices for certain cards, so I can expect how much to receive for each one. Are there any sites that people know of that give estimates?

Also, if any CAG'ers are interested, I could sell some here as well, just ask and I can tell you if I have any you'd like.

I'd browse the internet. If you ask a guy working at a sports card shop he is 90% guaranteed to try to rip you off.

I did the same last year. It seems that if you sell on ebay you have to have a really sought after card to make any kind of money. I had good cards but none that were sought after. I just made what are called grab bags and put in like 10 good cards and sold them for about 2 bucks each. On ebay that is.

Put up the rare rookie/insert cards on ebay. Make sure they are mint and you have good scans. People will bid on them if they think they can get a high PSA grade on them. Don't try to have them graded yourself, you need to have connections to get a high score, its also costs some money, and the whole system is corrupt.

Take the rest of the cards and throw them in the trash, its not worth the time selling them for pennies on the dollar.

Unless if you have a sought after series, then sell the commons in lots. Pick up a beckett and you will find out what you have.

[quote name='Shrooms420']Put up the rare rookie/insert cards on ebay. Make sure they are mint and you have good scans. People will bid on them if they think they can get a high PSA grade on them. Don't try to have them graded yourself, you need to have connections to get a high score, its also costs some money, and the whole system is corrupt.

Take the rest of the cards and throw them in the trash, its not worth the time selling them for pennies on the dollar.

Unless if you have a sought after series, then sell the commons in lots. Pick up a beckett and you will find out what you have.[/QUOTE]

Yes the whole sport card grading system is out to hold us down. :roll:

I would just sale all of the junk cards in grab bags on ebay. Like someone said already. This is what amazes about collectibles. You spend all of this time and money then they after a few years you don't want them. Nor does anyone else. I have probaly 2,000 sport cards. I just let them sit in their boxes. You may have some really sought after stuff sell those separately.

bread's done
Back