sending 3DS for repair

wwe101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
So my brother's 3DS has a vertical line of dead pixels on the top screen and we are going to send it to Nintendo since it's still under warranty. My question is that since he has a digital copy of Zelda ALBW on it, will it get deleted? If so, can he redownload it when he gets his system back?

He should be able to redownload it.

They had a similar deal with the Wii when I sent mine back. I had to download everything again.

If your brother finds the game is missing (or any eShop purchases), a quick call to Nintendo will remedy the issue quickly.

So apparently a line of dead pixels falls under the category of physical damage and is not covered by warranty according to Nintendo. They wanted me to pay $80 for the repair, which is ridiculous considering the console is not even three weeks old and is in pristine physical condition. The CS service insisted that the console had to have been dropped for the black line to show up, but like I said, the console is in pristine condition and was never dropped/hit or anything like that. It hasn't even been played 10 times yet. After a bit of back and forth with CS, I was able to get the fee dropped for the repair. "But we can only do it this one time", like I am the one at fault here and they are doing me some kind of big favor.....hahaha.  Definitely a frustrating experience, but the right thing was done in the end.

Same thing happened to me. I sent in my old rarely touched 3DS and they claimed it had water damage and wanted to charge me for repair. I hardly ever touched it back then so that was impossible.

I told them to send it back and I'll take it to GS and be done with it then they waived the fee.

So apparently a line of dead pixels falls under the category of physical damage and is not covered by warranty according to Nintendo. They wanted me to pay $80 for the repair, which is ridiculous considering the console is not even three weeks old and is in pristine physical condition. The CS service insisted that the console had to have been dropped for the black line to show up, but like I said, the console is in pristine condition and was never dropped/hit or anything like that. It hasn't even been played 10 times yet. After a bit of back and forth with CS, I was able to get the fee dropped for the repair. "But we can only do it this one time", like I am the one at fault here and they are doing me some kind of big favor.....hahaha. Definitely a frustrating experience, but the right thing was done in the end.
Glad you talked them into repairing it free. I ran into similar stories when doing research before sending in my Pikachu (which had a fried motherboard through no fault of my own... or something. They didn't contest anything and repaired it free since it was an issue covered under warranty). Some people sent their Pikachus in with the same dead pixel line problem and just gave in to the $80 repair fee that Nintendo claims isn't covered under warranty, though I assume they were likely feeling the pressure with a mega limited edition like that on the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back