Sent the wrong, but better item-Best Buy

saathe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Okay really weird thing. Bought a this phone on the 3rd, HTC One M7  cost: $150 non-contract, online and had it shipped to me. Arrived yesterday and I opened it up and was floored, inside was a blue LG G3 $599.99 non-contract! Not sure what the protocol is here, do I take it back to the store or call? I will gladly keep it but my receipt shows htc one and I wouldn't have proof of purchase for the G3s warranty. Any advice?

If you purchased a geek squad warranty on it you would have problems fulfilling it obviously.

I have NO idea how someone fucked that up, when you send an item out you have to scan the barcode before packaging it verifying you are sending the correct item. When it ships from a retail store or the warehouse I'm sure it's the same. You CAN manually enter this information but that would just be ridiculous and should be avoided at all costs unless the UPC has changed on the same SKU'd product. (which does happen)

One time I ordered Need for Speed Most Wanted for Xbox 360 (2005) and they sent me Need for speed Most Wanted (2011) instead. I called and they created a new order and sent me the correct game for absolutely no charge and I asked if I had to return the other one and was literally told "You can if you want to". So they might fight you to return a $600 phone but really, it wasn't what you purchased and you are not obliged at all to return it to them the way I see it, they however ARE obliged to send you the item that you purchased originally.

Are you kidding? Keep it and sell it on eBay, then buy another HTC with the money you get from the LG G3.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you purchased a geek squad warranty on it you would have problems fulfilling it obviously.

I have NO idea how someone fucked that up, when you send an item out you have to scan the barcode before packaging it verifying you are sending the correct item. When it ships from a retail store or the warehouse I'm sure it's the same. You CAN manually enter this information but that would just be ridiculous and should be avoided at all costs unless the UPC has changed on the same SKU'd product. (which does happen)

One time I ordered Need for Speed Most Wanted for Xbox 360 (2005) and they sent me Need for speed Most Wanted (2011) instead. I called and they created a new order and sent me the correct game for absolutely no charge and I asked if I had to return the other one and was literally told "You can if you want to". So they might fight you to return a $600 phone but really, it wasn't what you purchased and you are not obliged at all to return it to them the way I see it, they however ARE obliged to send you the item that you purchased originally.
I'll definitely call in the morning and see what they say. Problem it doesn't look like the original phone is in stock anywhere.

Are you kidding? Keep it and sell it on eBay, then buy another HTC with the money you get from the LG G3.
I definitely am wondering if this is going to be too much phone for me, since I currently only have a flip phone and the HTC was at a sweet enough price point to jump on the smartphone bandwagon. :razz:

They might just let you keep it. I heard a story that made the news where they shipped this guy about 5 ipads or so on mistake. He called them and Best Buy told him to keep it and have a happy holiday.

bread's done
Back