Serious ebay problem...

A

Apossum

hi CAG-- I know, millions of ebay problem threads from Apossum in the past week.
Well, this is the last one, I swear. I think I've learned more than I've wanted to know about paypal and ebay in the past week.

Here's my current problem. me and a ton of other people got screwed by this guy:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=justin-anderson

yeah, it's ugly and i'm in the middle, mediating all of it. I've been online for the past 4 hours talking to other buyers and even the seller, who is fucking crazy...I dunno. just something really bad is up with the guy. he keeps lying, but he stays in touch. we can't decide if he's crumbling under the pressure of too many orders or if he has financial problems or if he's just an emo dork who feels bad for himself now that he's reaping what he has sown...

in any case, he sent me an email saying that he doesn't have money, has closed his paypal and ebay accounts and won't be able to provide a refund. These discs I got from him look sandpapered and are useless. I filed a paypal claim, but wont get anything since his account is dried up and closed.

now I called my bank for a chargeback and they said that I needed to try to file through paypal and to cal them back if it doesn't work. they also said that since I authorized the payment, it might not be feasible to chargeback...is this true? are there "magic words" to make it happen?

If anyone can PM me the process, to make sure it's being used for the forces of good, I'd really appreciate it. and thanks for reading this far. :)

i just wanna play some fucking Castlevania:SOTN. this seller's words are as empty as his soul. Man kind ill needs a savior such as him.

wow, I feel really sorry for the guy who bought 4 of his auctions. That sucks boto itchi. he mustve wasted at least $600 or more.

[quote name='Apossum']now I called my bank for a chargeback and they said that I needed to try to file through paypal and to cal them back if it doesn't work. they also said that since I authorized the payment, it might not be feasible to chargeback...is this true? are there "magic words" to make it happen?
[/QUOTE]

Someone with 1st hand experience may be able to help you better, but you could have a problem there. I have heard that some banks/CCs do not allow chargebacks on PP payments. In any event never file a claim for unauthorized charge with PayPal., do one for not receiving what you paid for. I'd say something like 'Of course I authorized the charge, I fully acknolegde that. But I didn't get what I paid for in return. That's why I want to file this dispute.' If they flat out won't do it I'd throw in something like, 'Isn't a main advantage of using this card over other payment methods that I have the protection of being able to file a dispute if I don't get what I paid for? Why am I not protected from this fraudulent seller?' Blah blah.

[quote name='Apossum']now I called my bank for a chargeback and they said that I needed to try to file through paypal and to cal them back if it doesn't work. they also said that since I authorized the payment, it might not be feasible to chargeback...is this true? are there "magic words" to make it happen? [/quote]

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but you authorize payment every time you use/swipe the card (short of fraud). Why is Paypal any different?

[quote name='marten']Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but you authorize payment every time you use/swipe the card (short of fraud). Why is Paypal any different?[/QUOTE]

well, the lady brought up the point that just anyone could call up and say "hay guys i've been ripped off" and try to get their money back. I guess I'll just tell them I have a ton of evidence.

on a side note, I thought you cags would like to hear about another busted scammer: this stuff is crazy-- he had about 800 positives and 1 negative, then just ripped off 70 people all of a sudden for thousands of dollars. He spread a lie about getting in a bad wreck and having his dad die...well, me and another guy tracked down his address, called his police department, scanned newspapers, cross checked everything and found nothing about a car wreck. he then tried changing all of his contact info...well, now there about 70 pissed off ebayers who will be calling his tiny, rural police department tomorrow-- he's busted.

and hey, no one caught my sotn quote? or maybe it was just dumb :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']well, the lady brought up the point that just anyone could call up and say "hay guys i've been ripped off" and try to get their money back. I guess I'll just tell them I have a ton of evidence.[/QUOTE]

Well that makes it sound like you really don't have much protection at all. Frankly I might have been offended if I was given that excuse. A true credit card works just that way in my experience. You call up and lodge a complaint and the credt card company investigates from there.

And yep, sounds like the seller is pretty much toast.

were you the ebayer who got the SOTN disc that wouldn't play? If so, then get me a detailed description of the disc (condition that it appears in from both top and bottom) and I may actually be able to clean the disc for you. Its not your money back but it might actually play.

[quote name='Scavenger4']were you the ebayer who got the SOTN disc that wouldn't play? If so, then get me a detailed description of the disc (condition that it appears in from both top and bottom) and I may actually be able to clean the disc for you. Its not your money back but it might actually play.[/QUOTE]

um, no thanks. i've got it covered.

bread's done
Back