Serious Sam Xbox multiplayer options

jshorr

CAGiversary!
Quick question to Serious Sam owners,

I know you can play up to 4 players on one xbox in deathmatch, but is it possible to systemlink 2 xboxes each with 4 players for a total of 8? I got a list of system link games somewhere which suggested you can do this, but according to gamespot the game is 1-4 players and that's it. Please let me know if you've ever done more than 4. Timesplitters 2 also looks like you can do the 4 players per box and systemlink with another box, and halo and a few other games. Thanks.

Jake

after studying this issue in my nationaly funded laboratory for the past 2 weeks I can now announce with all certainy, yes, can play four players per system on a system link game. You can play 16 players on 4 xbox's on a lan. This works for deathmatch only. The limot on co-op is 8 players, 2 per system. And yes, I have done this, it works and its fun. (not 16 player Halo fun, But definitely more fun than a 16 player game of gouge each others eyes out with a sharpened altoids can)

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']The question is, is the game any good? Is it worth picking up?[/quote]

Oh, yea it's good, it's hundreds of bad guys at once good, it's "I've got a pirate cannon for a weapon" good, It's "I'm dressed like an Asian Elvis impersonator" good, and most of all it's "I've got a chainsaw in ancient Egypt and I'm fighting pumpkin headed red-neck monsters" good.

Besides you can find it for $20 or less, if you like FPS games you can't go wrong.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']The question is, is the game any good? Is it worth picking up?[/quote]

Headless, kamikaze, bombs as hands enemies good.

10+ chain reaction kill good.

Tons of funny one liners, and hysterical cut scenes. I can't say enough about it.... just go and get this game, quite possibly the best XBox FPS (and yes, I enjoy it a lot more than Halo).

Serious Sam is a funny game. Kinda like doom in regards to the amount of baddies. I enjoy sitting down and causing some havoc

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']Is the multiplayer that good too? Is it really fast paced like Unreal? My friends don't really dig that sort of thing.[/quote]

Yeah, it's fast paced.... looks like Halo ruined another group of people ;)

[quote name='snotknocker']jshorr, pick this one up you won't regret it[/quote]

I know, I know, that's why I'm looking for it via trade or other deal. We are going to play as a teambuilding thing at work and I want to play it 8 players....

I give it a very high 8. Thumbs WAY up. Serious Mayhem. SERIOUSLY!

The multiplayer is a good side game when your not playing Halo 24/7

[quote name='BigDirty'][quote name='evilpenguin9000']Is the multiplayer that good too? Is it really fast paced like Unreal? My friends don't really dig that sort of thing.[/quote]

Yeah, it's fast paced.... looks like Halo ruined another group of people ;)[/quote]

Yeah my friends and I pretty much play Halo multiplayer every time we get together. We've been looking for a little variety recently.

bread's done
Back