Server anomolies

defender

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Over the past 2 hours I was working on server. There may have been a moment or so of outage for the site when I was restarting apache. No worries and all upgrades complete.

Let me know if you guys have an abnormal problems at the site.

I am unable to access my subscribed threads through the drop down menu. Using Firefox, now instead of being taken to a page, I'm given a download dialogue box (open with program x, save to disk kinda thing).

It always does this around midnight/1am.. you click a thread and it won't even try to load, it's just a blank page.. after hitting refresh a few times, it comes up

[quote name='Scorch']It always does this around midnight/1am.. you click a thread and it won't even try to load, it's just a blank page.. after hitting refresh a few times, it comes up[/quote]
I think there's a scheduled reboot of Apache around that timeframe, which might be why it's coming up as a problem at that time. CheapyD would know for sure.

[quote name='LiquidNight']whats defender's role with the site?
is he the guy who does all the stuff server on the hardware/server side?[/quote]
Answered your own question.

Yeah I don't post too often anymore since I sold my store off but I am a buddy of CheapyD's and I maintain the server for him as best I can. :)

I have a buttload of my own sites which I attend to daily.

I set this server up from scratch basically...it's doing pretty well but there are a few things that are buggy...we can't decide if it's VB or some software on the server. Other at VB experience similar problems so it's a tough call.

We have the Apache set to restart I believe twice a day to help keep it in-line. That's not abnormal for a site this large and active. Memory leaks, dead processes, and hanging PID's can all be a problem if left unchecked.

Thanks for asking..hope that cleared it up for you.

[quote name='defender']Yeah I don't post too often anymore since I sold my store off but I am a buddy of CheapyD's and I maintain the server for him as best I can. :)

I have a buttload of my own sites which I attend to daily.

I set this server up from scratch basically...it's doing pretty well but there are a few things that are buggy...we can't decide if it's VB or some software on the server. Other at VB experience similar problems so it's a tough call.

We have the Apache set to restart I believe twice a day to help keep it in-line. That's not abnormal for a site this large and active. Memory leaks, dead processes, and hanging PID's can all be a problem if left unchecked.

Thanks for asking..hope that cleared it up for you.[/QUOTE]
Are you still running VideoGameDeals.com or did you sell it? I noticed it's back, but in "Buy it from Amazon" form.

I noticed that some of my posts are disapearing. Some people have even quoted me but my original post is missing. I have not said anything really controversial.

In this thread, I posted something about John travolta; That post has dissapeared
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85394

In this thread, I posted a response to Shrike (and I noticed that Shrikes post dissapeared).
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87281

This is happening in a few threads. I dont know what the hell is going on...

bread's done
Back