session 9

[quote name='daria19']My local video rental place does not have this. Is it worth buying? (I saw this on best buy's website for $10, but it was not in store.)

Thanks[/QUOTE]

it's pretty cool, i liked it. it's definitely worth a rental. so if you're looking at a $4.75 rental or $10 purchase i guess you might as well buy it.

I own it, personally think it's worth it. While the story isn't real, the building they filmed in is. It has a lot of history. I can't remember any details though, been a while since I done the research. I guess I like the movie because I'm a bit of an urban explorer and there is a place nearby that is similar to the one in the movie.

[quote name='Inferno-X']I own it, personally think it's worth it. While the story isn't real, the building they filmed in is. It has a lot of history. I can't remember any details though, been a while since I done the research. I guess I like the movie because I'm a bit of an urban explorer and there is a place nearby that is similar to the one in the movie.[/QUOTE]

I never really knew anything about urban exploration until I saw a link to some photography on transbuddha.com. The guy who runs the website below photographs ruins and people who used to work in some of these places comment on the pictures. The movie is filmed in danvers mental hospital, which was purchased by Avalon Bay and will be razed for luxury apartments to be built. (Avalon is a big development company which has overpriced apartments all over new england.)

http://www.opacity.us/

Holy Land (CT) is the closest to where I live, but I have never gone to see it. I'm sure that none of these places are really safe to explore alone since you never know what or whom (bums, drug addicts) you would encounter.

bread's done
Back