Set your prices

strizay

CAG Newbie
It would be a good idea for everyone that is selling to mark prices you are expecting. Even better to include shipping. I've sent pm's to people with reasonable offers just to get shot down, feeling like I tried to lowball them. A lot of people get ignorant and offended, some just take it as a joke. If you don't want a reasonable offer, then mark your prices to what you think your stuff is worth.

I agree, i guess they hope you are going to offer some fantastic amount over what they hope to get but all i do is find the cheapest price on the game in the same conditiion that sold via ebay's completed listings and then deduct $5 or 25% if it's $10 or under since what's the point of getting it elsewhere if I am spending the same amount. Mostly I just don't respond when they say make an offer however since it's stupid. I mean I don't go into a store and bring it up to the register and have to have a discussion on how much it's going to cost me.

[quote name='strizay']it would be a good idea for everyone that is selling to mark prices you are expecting. Even better to include shipping. I've sent pm's to people with reasonable offers just to get shot down, feeling like i tried to lowball them. A lot of people get ignorant and offended, some just take it as a joke. If you don't want a reasonable offer, then mark your prices to what you think your stuff is worth.[/quote]

+1

it's not as though it's too much to ask. They can compare prices to Amazon and Ebay to get an idea, but remember this is not Amazon or Ebay. If you want those prices, sell your stuff there. This site is called Cheap Ass Gamer for a reason. Because Ebay and Amazon are crap compared to this site. If you have a list and your stuff hasn't moved in a month, maybe you should keep that in mind.

[quote name='jputahraptor']I agree, i guess they hope you are going to offer some fantastic amount over what they hope to get but all i do is find the cheapest price on the game in the same conditiion that sold via ebay's completed listings and then deduct $5 or 25% if it's $10 or under since what's the point of getting it elsewhere if I am spending the same amount. Mostly I just don't respond when they say make an offer however since it's stupid. I mean I don't go into a store and bring it up to the register and have to have a discussion on how much it's going to cost me.[/QUOTE]

It does suck when people tell me to throw them an offer. I would much rather buy a game off of a CAG then look at a used game store when i am not looking for new copies. But I also am not looking to offend anyone on here. So put your price down, I may attempt to negotiate a bit then we make the transaction

I agree too, if you don't want to be lowballed then sell on eBay. Sometimes I offer eBay-ish prices but say shipped, and get shot down.

I get shot down on trade deals for the same reason, I try to match up and it fails. Odds are if I buy anymore, it will most likely be in a lowball auction or something like that.

Don't get me wrong, I have shot people down for offering too little as well, but generally speaking when I am selling it is listed here, Craigslist, eBay, Amazon, and gametz, so really by the time I get home an item is sold, I try to get the most for my stuff.

and these opinions have been voiced by veteran members, not noobs. Look at their join date.

[quote name='strizay']it's not as though it's too much to ask. They can compare prices to Amazon and Ebay to get an idea, but remember this is not Amazon or Ebay. If you want those prices, sell your stuff there. This site is called Cheap Ass Gamer for a reason. Because Ebay and Amazon are crap compared to this site. If you have a list and your stuff hasn't moved in a month, maybe you should keep that in mind.[/QUOTE]

you should go to the doctor if your crap has not moved in a month :)

[quote name='strizay']and these opinions have been voiced by veteran members, not noobs. Look at their join date.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely have more feedback here if I wasn't shot down so much :lol:

it wouldn't be so bad if they were willing to negotiate. Trade prices back and forth until they both can agree on the same number. But only a few people on here do that. You wouldn't have contacted them if you weren't interested in buying their stuff.

but I'm sure there has to be a middle you can meet at. ebay and amazon are just suggested prices. we're not a personal business here, just collectors and gamers.

I don't want anyone thinking that I am slagging them. There are a LOT of great people in this community. I'm addicted to this site, my life would be a lot different without it.

[quote name='mrx001']I usually do but I still get lowballs and send a counter offer. Somewhat the nature of the beast.[/QUOTE]

At least you send a counter offer, sometimes people will tell me no
And that's that. Why won't you guys sell me your stuff?!

I've said this before, but I only price items that I specifically want to sell at that price. I usually don't want much less than what I put, but I'm probably more willing to negotiate with CAGs that I like or respect. If I don't have a price next to something, but tell you to offer, it's more than likely because I'm not actively seeking out a sale/trade on that particular item, but if an offer comes along that's too good to pass up, I may have to jump on it.

[quote name='Tsel']I've said this before, but I only price items that I specifically want to sell at that price. I usually don't want much less than what I put, but I'm probably more willing to negotiate with CAGs that I like or respect. If I don't have a price next to something, but tell you to offer, it's more than likely because I'm not actively seeking out a sale/trade on that particular item, but if an offer comes along that's too good to pass up, I may have to jump on it.[/QUOTE]

This is the way I am, I get hit up by so many new users/no feedback/long time member with little to no post at all. I've been lowballed one too many times with items on my list, I don't expect to sell anything at eBay prices but at the same time if anybody is going to make money off the item it's going to be me.

bread's done
Back