Setting up a wireless network with an apple computer

ryanbph

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I just got an apple computer for work. We also have a dell computer here at work. I have used linksys in the past. I read on the box for the linksys for system requirements and didn't see mac os listed. I DID NOT get the airport setup for my mac. I want the mac to be plugged in to the router with an ethernet cable, and the dell to be the wireless one. Can I use linksys router, if not, what is a good router that will work for both a mac and pc computers? Thanks for any help

You should be able to do it, since the linksys router is configured from a webpage, not a software control panel.

[quote name='ryanbph']I just got an apple computer for work. We also have a dell computer here at work. I have used linksys in the past. I read on the box for the linksys for system requirements and didn't see mac os listed. I DID NOT get the airport setup for my mac. I want the mac to be plugged in to the router with an ethernet cable, and the dell to be the wireless one. Can I use linksys router, if not, what is a good router that will work for both a mac and pc computers? Thanks for any help[/QUOTE]

I thought there was a way to change the wireless card to a simple B/G mode. If you do that, it should be no problem seeing the network. Also, that new MAC can have Windows installed, so worse comes to worse you can network there.

[quote name='arbiter']You should be able to do it, since the linksys router is configured from a webpage, not a software control panel.[/QUOTE]
I would think so, but on the linksys box it says system requirements, and it only has windows based os

[quote name='ryanbph']I would think so, but on the linksys box it says system requirements, and it only has windows based os[/QUOTE]
I had this same problem, set up the router on the dell, then hook everything up like you would normally with both computers hooked in. Then open safari, it won't recognize it, but it will give you the option to troubleshoot. go through all the steps and everything should be fine. Thats what I had to do to set up a network for my roommates laptop and my g5 and I also have a linksys router

bread's done
Back