Seven Samurai (Criterion) $27

27 bucks is a deal? man, i watched this in my film class and it was sooo boring. Sure, it was the pioneer of big budget action flicks and it's cool to see the origin of it but I can only watch it once. I have the old criterion and i put it on sometimes when I want to sleep. maybe if the blu-ray comes out with really good picture quality I might bite at 27.

[quote name='sparklecopy']27 bucks is a deal? man, i watched this in my film class and it was sooo boring. Sure, it was the pioneer of big budget action flicks and it's cool to see the origin of it but I can only watch it once. I have the old criterion and i put it on sometimes when I want to sleep. maybe if the blu-ray comes out with really good picture quality I might bite at 27.[/quote]
Considering this 3 disc edition generally runs $45+, this is a great deal.

[quote name='djbooba']Considering this 3 disc edition generally runs $45+, this is a great deal.[/quote]

Yeah, I think I paid about $40 about a year ago and I thought I was getting a good deal. Anyway, great movie at a great price for the amount of extras.

[quote name='sparklecopy']I have the old criterion and i put it on sometimes when I want to sleep.[/QUOTE]
You make me weep for the young. :whistle2:(

[quote name='unbongwah']You make me weep for the young. :whistle2:([/QUOTE] I just think the entire first half of the movie is boring as hell. When they fight the evil gang at the end it starts to get good. I personally think that rashomon and ran are better overall stories. My favorite kurosawa is IKIRU.

bread's done
Back