Severe weather in the southeast -- Are you AL/GA/SC CAGs okay?

Scobie

CAGiversary!
Been some pretty horrible weather tonight... We're under a tornado watch till 2 AM. Is everybody okay? Any damage to anybody's homes or neighborhoods?

The eyewitness they interviewed on TWC did nothing to break that Redneck stereotype in Alabama, as he kept bending over to spit the chew out of his mouth.

Fine here in Huntsville. What happened in Enterprise is so very sad. Right when they were going to be dismissed from school is when the twister arrived. :(

Sitting here waiting for the system to blow on by. We need abit of rain in SC, but could do without the severe weather. Under a tornado watch til 5 am I think.

Sorry to hear about those in Alabama. Thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

Everything is cool here in Mobile. Some pretty rough wind gusts earlier today, they reminded me of when hurricanes are approaching landfall. There was nothing remarkable in my area though.

Thankfully for me, central Alabama was largely spared much in the way of damage, despite a couple of tornados looking like they might touch down in the Tuscaloosa area. Birmingham only received a heavy thunderstorm, so that was good.

Sucks about Enterprise and their high school, though. I've been down there a few times on the way to Panama City Beach with my family back in the day, and it's a cool little town.

So in Alabama, it does seem as if the real damage was limited to the Southern quarter of the state. Terrible for Enterprise, but such is the nature of severe weather season in Alabama. There could be storms like this any given day, and you just hope it doesn't hit your town.

[quote name='mcgavin27']In valdosta, I'm alright.[/quote]
First time this has been said.

Ever.

:lol:

Could be worse I s'pose...could be in Adel.

[quote name='Spruce']First time this has been said.

Ever.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

QFT.

Had a possible tornado come through about 10 miles from me, and another 2-3 a little west. We're OK here in dirty Augusta.

[quote name='Spruce']First time this has been said.

Ever.

:lol:

Could be worse I s'pose...could be in Adel.[/quote]

Or Hahira.

bread's done
Back