SF Fightstick TE Edition 99.99 @ Dell

These are getting cheaper and cheaper now. Seems like they are tryign to clear stock to get ready for the next batch.

[quote name='Jodou']I regret everyday paying full price for one of these. Still a badass stick, but damn.[/QUOTE]

Ditto :(

I really wanna get this, but I keep hearing about people replacing sticks, gates, switches, buttons, blah blah blah... it makes me question whether the stick is any good the way it comes. I don't have the time, patience, or money to mod it. Can anyone comment?

You're probably thinking of the cheaper version of the sticks when it comes to replacing the sticks/buttons (not the TE). As for replacing gates that is just to change the action of the joystick from a circular motion to a square motion with more defined corners. Most people wouldn't bother.

So basically it is a great stick with real arcade parts right out of the box, no need to modify.

[quote name='LordFlux']I really wanna get this, but I keep hearing about people replacing sticks, gates, switches, buttons, blah blah blah... it makes me question whether the stick is any good the way it comes. I don't have the time, patience, or money to mod it. Can anyone comment?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fairtrade']You're probably thinking of the cheaper version of the sticks when it comes to replacing the sticks/buttons (not the TE). As for replacing gates that is just to change the action of the joystick from a circular motion to a square motion with more defined corners. Most people wouldn't bother.

So basically it is a great stick with real arcade parts right out of the box, no need to modify.[/QUOTE]
Actually there's a square gate inside currently, so people would be switching them out for a more circular one. It just takes some getting used to. And seriously, $99 now? This is a great stick for that price, but by the way everything seems to be moving, I would almost wait another few weeks to see if anyone cuts their prices even further. A very great stick though for anyone interested.

[quote name='PDJ']Actually there's a square gate inside currently, so people would be switching them out for a more circular one. It just takes some getting used to. And seriously, $99 now? This is a great stick for that price, but by the way everything seems to be moving, I would almost wait another few weeks to see if anyone cuts their prices even further. A very great stick though for anyone interested.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as they have announced so many variations, I really want to wait for one of the others and snag it for around 100-120.

I regret buying one earlier due to the fact that I shouldn't be spending ANY money, but I don't feel ripped off in any way because it's the best off the shelf arcade stick I've ever had.

I've been thinking of grabbing one but i haven't seen one "in person". Are they stable enough to use on a coffe table or something? Are there suction cups or something to keep it from shifting around as you play?

Great stick and $99 is a steal.

I don't even remember the last time somebody rage quit on me, but I only play Championship mode.

[quote name='Escargoexpress']If amazon price matches this, then I'll finally get one[/QUOTE]

That would be fantastic. I might wait and see if they do, since they matched Neweggs's TE price last week. I've got Amazon credit from ODST still.

[quote name='bigl523']Ditto :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']I regret everyday paying full price for one of these. Still a badass stick, but damn.[/QUOTE]

So do some people not have a concept of depreciation? You got it early, and the value of it depreciated by getting cheaper. That's the way a lot of products work. You may have expected it to be limited and thus, retain a higher price, but why would you want to be so elitist that you don't want others to enjoy it as well?

Or if that's not the case and you just didn't use it enough, oh well.

[quote name='rmb']bing cb possibly?[/QUOTE]

No cb from Bing but if you have a fatwallet account, gaming stuff gets 1% from Dell.

Finally bit this one after watching the prices fluctuate on buy.com/amazon/newegg around the 110-130 range. Got away with 101.84 after taxes with my DPA, thanks OP.

i got it for 117 off amazon a while ago, with this deal i would end up buying it for 110. I also got the ps3 version at frys for 90$ a while back. I want to pick up another TE to do gamecube mod so i can play tatsunoko, should i byte?

[quote name='asianlikerice']the problem is that the Cthulhu only does ps2 and ps3 but no wii support.[/QUOTE]

MC Cthulhu does xbox1/ps1/2/3 & gamecube which would equate to wii stick

anubis,

Who would you recommend to do this mod, I looked at the wiring before to do this a while ago and I don't think I would have the patience? :bomb:

[quote name='Teeheehee']So do some people not have a concept of depreciation? You got it early, and the value of it depreciated by getting cheaper. That's the way a lot of products work. You may have expected it to be limited and thus, retain a higher price, but why would you want to be so elitist that you don't want others to enjoy it as well?

Or if that's not the case and you just didn't use it enough, oh well.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Paid full price, yes, but you also got to use it for the last 6 to 8 months. Would it really have been worth it to wait that long just to save $50 off retail?

[quote name='malcolmxbox']anubis,

Who would you recommend to do this mod, I looked at the wiring before to do this a while ago and I don't think I would have the patience? :bomb:[/QUOTE]

depending on how much you're going to use it, i would say yeah. I wirelessed my TE stick, it was a pain but i would rather have no wires since my dogs trip on them and brought down a 360 once.

[quote name='anubis20']depending on how much you're going to use it, i would say yeah. I wirelessed my TE stick, it was a pain but i would rather have no wires since my dogs trip on them and brought down a 360 once.[/QUOTE]

Oh..that happened to my PS2 back in the day when they were impossible to find. I was in a very foul mood, thankfully it was okay (minus the 29034 times I had to fix the DRE problem myself....ah memories).

I bet people would pay to convert that stick to a wireless version. They already coughed up a heavy sum for the stick itself, why not a little more for the wireless function people complained about wanting?

[quote name='Fatbot3']Seeing as they have announced so many variations, I really want to wait for one of the others and snag it for around 100-120.[/QUOTE] Keep in mind though, that all the variations announced only change the artwork on top of the stick. As far as functionality goes, they're all the exact same parts, same button layout, etc.

[quote name='5of9']I've been thinking of grabbing one but i haven't seen one "in person". Are they stable enough to use on a coffe table or something? Are there suction cups or something to keep it from shifting around as you play?[/QUOTE]The bottom of the stick has four rubber legs, as shown in this picture: http://media.photobucket.com/image/...Stick_mod/016_the_underbelly_of_the_stick.jpg

BTW here's a review of the stick by the guys over at shoryuken.com. It was really helpful for me when I was considering buying the stick.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1e4k3Myyak

[quote name='malcolmxbox']anubis,

Who would you recommend to do this mod, I looked at the wiring before to do this a while ago and I don't think I would have the patience? :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I do them. I wrote the stickied guide for how to do the mod at SRK and you can check my trade list for pricing info. Unfortunately I think Toodles only sells fully assembled MC Cthulhu kits these days, meaning that part is more expensive than it used to be.

[quote name='eau']They are really cranking these things out of factory en mass.[/QUOTE]

they're good sticks, selling reasonably well afaik. honestly you pretty much can't make one for cheaper. sanwa buttons are $3 a pop from lizardlick. sanwa joysticks are $20. 10 buttons + the stick run you $50. that doesn't include the cost of the xbox controller that you need to chop up yourself, and it doesn't include the cost of the housing.

of course it's cheaper for madcatz to buy the buttons / stick in huge quantities, so their margins on them are pretty high i would think. probably why they're making so many. still a good buy, though.

bread's done
Back