SF IV TE FightStick in Canada?

MikeFightNight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I live in Kingston Ontario and have a pre-order for it with a local EB. I was just wondering if anyone in Canada had seen the Tournament Edition FightStick anywhere for sale. The second round of sticks should be coming out sometime in March with more in April and May. I heard Canada got really fucked over when they sent them out the first time.

I haven't seen any, at all. TE or SE. Hell, fightpads are pretty scarce as well. I've pretty much given up at this point. I'm resorting to mod my Hori EX2 with Sanwa parts, but the parts are taking some time to get here.

Overall, MadCatz really, really screwed up this one. They could have made so much money with the demand.

MadCatz's main concern is the US; whatever scraps they have will eventually make it here.

And the demand for these things are nowhere near the demand of say ... a plastic licensed guitar. :p

There are no sticks of any kind anywhere period. Seriously I have looked high and low, I'm willing to pay top dollar. Nothing

I emailed Madcatz asking about the SE sticks last week after an EB manager told me that the SE sticks were discontinued and recalled. I didn't get much of a response:

Currently the next stock is expected to arrive in April 2009. When a
stock becomes available for regular purchase, we will update our store
site, http://store.gameshark.com. A portion may also go to your local
retailer, however, our store site only ships within the Continental US.
Your best bet is to check with your local or online retailer on when
they would be expecting a stock.

So...yeah...April 2009 for the SE sticks? Maybe?

Systems say March the 30th for the TE now. Been pushed back yet again.

Although some TE's did make it on SFIV launch day at a couple of EB/gamestops.

I'm sure they've sold a crap-ton of the fightpads and sticks, but to be honest, I've lost interest now. Same with the people I know who play street fighter. They just waited way to long to get these out. Its crap that no where had the sticks or pads on launch day. Don't really know what they were thinking. But if they don't want more of my money for impulse buys, then thats fine I guess.

I hate getting screwed on this stuff because were in Canada. I'm like 1.5 hrs from Buffalo, if you can ship to them on time, you can ship to us.

[quote name='will52']I'm sure they've sold a crap-ton of the fightpads and sticks, but to be honest, I've lost interest now. Same with the people I know who play street fighter. They just waited way to long to get these out. Its crap that no where had the sticks or pads on launch day. Don't really know what they were thinking. But if they don't want more of my money for impulse buys, then thats fine I guess.

I hate getting screwed on this stuff because were in Canada. I'm like 1.5 hrs from Buffalo, if you can ship to them on time, you can ship to us.[/quote]

I'm in Toronto but I used to live in Sydney, Australia. Believe me Canada is heaven compared to how long I used to have to wait for things in Australia. Sometimes they'd never arrive at all!

I'm still waiting for mine from retailers as well I placed a pre-order in last week of Jan. and still nothing.. It's a shame Madcatz really screwed this up bad they were not thinking period.. They had a chance to redeem themselves but failed.. It's also not cool because when I do finally get it I will likely use it once or twice then it goes back into the box..:bomb:

bread's done
Back