SF4 Dash Rumor: Makoto, Ibuki, Dudley + More to be announced soon

sleepy180

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So yeah, some guy on SRK is saying SF4 dash will be revealed at TGS or shortly after and is claiming there will be 10(!) new characters.

I don't know the poster or is reputation so I dunno if it's bullshit or not. But wow, dudley, cody, guy and adon would be awesome.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=208656

Quote from Neogaf from a post on Shoryuken from a long time member who is said to be reliable.

The thread was deleted which might mean its legit.

The 10 characters were Ibuki, Makoto, Dudley, T.Hawk, Deejay, Cody, Guy, Adon, 2 New.

dash%20characters9966330.JPG

Also Markman who also posts here seems to know something...

I really hope one of the new characters is Shinnosuke,

who I thought was supposed to be one of the new characters when SFIV first came out.

becoz I rock the beat rock the beat rock rock

Bro. Hi Trackmaster Shinnosuke's on my right

Got Tricky Diggy Diggy dig

SOUL'd OUT cru to HD

5(go)nin de we be extra ordinary

mane dekinai kurai like strawberry

SUGAR SHINE sooo sweet make you say "hottie"

it's the DREAM TEAM

One in a million, We going platinum

Thank god your here to translate for Jekki Joe, I was lost. I wonder how Cody is going to work since I can't see him being as broken as he was in alpha.

This has been a great year for Capcom. If they can make SFIV any better, I'll be there day one. Rumors that they already had Deejay and T Hawk ready seem more true now.

As sad as it is to be another game disc, it is still very cool but if it's just new characters they can be DLC. Either way it's going to be a buy!

[quote name='sleepy180']Quote from Neogaf from a post on Shoryuken from a long time member who is said to be reliable.

The thread was deleted which might mean its legit.

The 10 characters were Ibuki, Makoto, Dudley, T.Hawk, Deejay, Cody, Guy, Adon, 2 New.

dash%20characters9966330.JPG

Also Markman who also posts here seems to know something...[/QUOTE]

If they bring in/back Ibuki and Dudley I'm sold. I was so shocked after they introduced them in Street Fighter 3, but left them out in 4. 4 is indeed excellent and great fun to play, but seemed a bit too much like 2/alpha with better graphics (not that is wrong mind you, it's just that I really enjoyed 3 and loved playing it at the arcade.). I hope they add Elena, Necro, oro, and Remy was fun to play as well.

[quote name='MF HectoOR']As sad as it is to be another game disc, it is still very cool but if it's just new characters they can be DLC. Either way it's going to be a buy![/QUOTE]

Gold ultimate super-de-duper Edition baby:D

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']If they bring in/back Ibuki and Dudley I'm sold. I was so shocked after they introduced them in Street Fighter 3, but left them out in 4.[/QUOTE]
It makes sense, because SFIV takes place before SFIII, time-wise.

my wish list is if Shinnosuke is top tier.

dakara sou aseccha dame I SET YA FREE

chika mogutte G00D DAYS okuri afuredasu CREATIVITY

DE-VE-DE, DE-VE-DE-VE-DE

(DE-VE-DE-VE-DE, DE-VE-DE-VE-DE!)

tokui waza de "shagame" I'll LET YA SEE

saa tsudzuke FOOT WAY ayunde tomonau OBJECTIVITY

DE-VE-DE, DE-VE-DE-VE-DE

WAH-OWW WAH-OWW WAH OWW WAH AH AH OW

WA AH AH AH AH AH WA OWW WAH

Fix the match making system for the PS3 and random disconnects and consider me another customer.

I understand that Dudley and Balrog have their own styles, yet seems a bit unnecessary to have two boxers. But then again, there are 7 shotos (Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan, Sakura, and Sagat) so who am I to complain?

Oh, AND NO MORE SHOTOS!

[quote name='JEKKI']my wish list is if Shinnosuke is top tier.

dakara sou aseccha dame I SET YA FREE

chika mogutte G00D DAYS okuri afuredasu CREATIVITY

DE-VE-DE, DE-VE-DE-VE-DE

tokui waza de "shagame" I'll LET YA SEE

saa tsudzuke FOOT WAY ayunde tomonau OBJECTIVITY

DE-VE-DE, DE-VE-DE-VE-DE

WAH-OWW WAH-OWW WAH OWW WAH AH AH OW

WA AH AH AH AH AH WA OWW WAH[/QUOTE]
they're adding 10 new characters

not 1000000 monsters attack

Aren't the characters that are "supposed" to be in SFIV Dash characters that Capcom had polls on their site to be in SFIV in the first place (minus the possible 2 new)?

[quote name='MarkMan']Here's my wishlist.

I hope:

+ they release the game with an awesome arcade stick[/QUOTE]

So...do you think it'd be a new release separate from SF4 (like many SF2 iterations before it) or some kind of massive expansion?

I say make it a GOTY retail edition (for $60), and release the DLC on the respective marketplaces cheap. That's an ideal situation for me.

[quote name='kainzero']they're adding 10 new characters

not 1000000 monsters attack[/QUOTE]they should add new backgrounds too! I wanna see TOKYO通信~Urbs Communication~

PEOPLE

APPU APPU UP AND DOWN de HOLD OUT (HOLD OUT~)

Kake nukete kono toki no naka de

KEEP AN ATTITUDE TO LIVE UP (oww~~)

Tobikonde jouhou no umi wo watare

KEEP AN ATTITUDE TO LIVE UP

YES soshite genkai wo koe mou ichido

KEEP AN ATTITUDE TO LIVE UP (oww~~)

Sou abunai no ne sonna koto wakatteru tteba

(KEEP AN ATTITUDE TO LIVE UP)

[quote name='KingBroly']So...do you think it'd be a new release separate from SF4 (like many SF2 iterations before it) or some kind of massive expansion?

I say make it a GOTY retail edition (for $60), and release the DLC on the respective marketplaces cheap. That's an ideal situation for me.[/QUOTE]

I would expect it to be a new game package etc. It should be a pretty big overhaul of the system, and I expect some pretty significant balance changes (or attempts), especially after the press announcement by capcom that they agreed Sagat and Seth were overpowered.

I don't expect third strike characters, since it takes place 6 years after SFII, and many of these characters are young (I'm pretty sure twelve and necro are younger than 4, Ibuki is something like 16 in 3s, and yun/yang are teenagers), and SFIV takes place 1 or 2 years after II. We'll see what they do though, because I would definitely like to see them, canon timeline be damned!

Although I could see them moving the plot a year or two ahead and exploring the origins of the Urien/Gill feud, since Seth and Abel have similar moves to them.

Characters I expect to see:

Anyone they had already been working on (Hawk, Deejay, some evil shoto variant I'm sure)

Maybe an Alpha character or two, I would love to see guy or maki

Gouken's daughter

Q would also be a hilarious suprise

I also hope they implement multiple supers, be it like 3 where you can choose a single one or alpha/cvs games where they just have multiple in one move set.

[quote name='JEKKI']they should add new backgrounds too! I wanna see TOKYO通信~Urbs Communication~
[/QUOTE]
I heard Christopher Columbus was an unlockable character.

snapshot20080410000712.jpg

There is a screenshot floating around the net of T. Hawk- so this rumor sounds legit. Capcom also has a teaser site that says the announcement will be made 09/29/09 at 17:00 JST.

Man... I don't really want to drop another $60 on Street Fighter IV but if Makoto and Ibuki really get added, I'll probably have to. :) Hopefully we get some good preorder deals.

let's go Shinnosuke~!!!

WA! Shubidoubidouba

FEEL ME TONIGHT

WA! Shubidoubidouba

FEEL ME TONIGH~IGHT

WA! Shubidoubidouba

FEEL ME TONIGHT

C’MON Y’ALL

AND WE CAN FEEL

SO GOOD TOGETHER

They mentioned it won't cost retail. That's good to hear. My guess is 39.99. They said there was something extra for the people that have Street Fighter IV. Not sure what that is. I guess I might as well keep Street Fighter IV anyway since they said Spring 2010 for Super Street Fighter IV. Still good news none the less, and I'm glad Capcom is listening to the fans.

[quote name='lolwut?']Definitely selling off my copy.

If Dudley is in this, I will buy it at full price.[/QUOTE]

Didn't the trade in value hit rock bottom when GS sold copies for 20 bucks?

Yea- the "something extra" for people who own 4 is probably going to be the surprise that you can't get a good TIV on the original copy.

Who want's to bet next year when they release SSF4T that they pull the same "Wasn't programmed in a way" BS again?

[quote name='KingDox']Didn't the trade in value hit rock bottom when GS sold copies for 20 bucks?[/QUOTE]

That was a one day sale. If the trade-in price fell at all, it's probably rebounded by now.

[quote name='anubis20']lets just hope they dont pull and ODST and at the last minute they claim they "feel" the game is now worth $60[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I've been getting my ass beat consistently online. If the new version comes out at the greatest hits $20 price, I'll probably get it anyway. If not, I'd just be better off saving up for a stick or pad.

I can't pull off super or ultra combos consistently (if at all) on the 360 controller. Regular special moves are just fine, but I just can't seem to get it to register the "QCF, QCF" kinds of motions the flashy moves require. :cry:

[quote name='mis0']Looking forward to this.. though I suck at SFIV.[/QUOTE]
Same here. :) Dying to find out about the other new characters.

capcom knows how to milk SF. and i will still buy this shit..they desperately needed more supers or ultras in this game and more characters. but still fun as hell

bread's done
Back