Shadow complex free for the pc

Yeah, I'm really displeased about that nonsense.  I won't even buy Ubisoft PC games these days because it's simply not worth the hassle so why would I bother for one (albeit great) game?  It's also supposedly a pretty bare port and nothing really remastered about it.

I'll just stick to playing my 360 copy on the XB1 until there's a 75% sale on next gen.

Yeah, I'm really displeased about that nonsense. I won't even buy Ubisoft PC games these days because it's simply not worth the hassle so why would I bother for one (albeit great) game? It's also supposedly a pretty bare port and nothing really remastered about it.

I'll just stick to playing my 360 copy on the XB1 until there's a 75% sale on next gen.
Yeah, Shadow Complex is a fantastic game but this... Ehhh... The BC functionality on Xone is enough for me.

Have to confess... I don't know exactly what problems DRM creates. I hear people bashing it all the time, but I'm not 100% sure why.

And with Shadow Complex being free, why is DRM a big deal?
Well it depends. DRM can be fairly minor like Steam but it can also be extremely invasive affecting your performance, monitoring your activity, and scanning your computer. Some of the worst cases have been known to cause actual physical damage to hardware.

Most people find Steam to be about the right level where it's as simple as being logged into an account and doesn't force anything on top of that (though publishers can still put other DRM in their games on Steam) and it's a fair trade off for the level of convenience Steam presents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Especially when people are saying they didn't do a thing to remaster it.
Maybe they';re referring to their mastery of playing the game. They used to be masters at it, but then got all caught up in making other games and what not, so their skills fell off. Now that its ported to PC and they have some free time, its been remastered.

Anyone else having problems with this crashing after you hit the Launch button?  It gives me some sort of Win32 error.

Maybe they';re referring to their mastery of playing the game. They used to be masters at it, but then got all caught up in making other games and what not, so their skills fell off. Now that its ported to PC and they have some free time, its been remastered.
I'm not sure what to make of this? It was funny?

Have to confess... I don't know exactly what problems DRM creates. I hear people bashing it all the time, but I'm not 100% sure why.

And with Shadow Complex being free, why is DRM a big deal?
I think in this case the complaints are more about having to install yet another client software program when most people already have Steam installed and if you want to play EA or Ubisoft games on the pc you also have to install their client software.

It just seems excessive and unnecessary to have to install yet another client software program just to play one game.

I think most of us also do not want every single publishing house to get any ideas about all wanting to push their own software clients resulting in people having to have 20 or 30 clients installed.

Eh, I would prefer to not have to use yet another client, but I've wanted to play Shadow Complex for a while now, and I prefer playing the PC version more than trying to avoid an additional client.  So I'll get it.

Well it depends. DRM can be fairly minor like Steam but it can also be extremely invasive affecting your performance, monitoring your activity, and scanning your computer. Some of the worst cases have been known to cause actual physical damage to hardware.

Most people find Steam to be about the right level where it's as simple as being logged into an account and doesn't force anything on top of that (though publishers can still put other DRM in their games on Steam) and it's a fair trade off for the level of convenience Steam presents.
Remember SecuROM? Shit was fucked.

I think in this case the complaints are more about having to install yet another client software program when most people already have Steam installed and if you want to play EA or Ubisoft games on the pc you also have to install their client software.

It just seems excessive and unnecessary to have to install yet another client software program just to play one game.

I think most of us also do not want every single publishing house to get any ideas about all wanting to push their own software clients resulting in people having to have 20 or 30 clients installed.
Most publishers would rather not have to split their profits with Valve, hence creating their own distribution networks or clients. The standard Steam contract is 33% of revenue, I think, at least for indie developers. I would definitely feel like that's a huge piece of the pie if I was a developer or publisher.

Most publishers would rather not have to split their profits with Valve, hence creating their own distribution networks or clients. The standard Steam contract is 33% of revenue, I think, at least for indie developers. I would definitely feel like that's a huge piece of the pie if I was a developer or publisher.
Oh I avoid buying from Steam whenever I can, and I don't even really mind Origin or Uplay. They kinda suck, but only because they're segregated from the vast majority of my library.

But a new client just for this? C'mon, son. For one thing, Epic doesn't make that many games. They're nowhere near as prolific as Ubisoft or EA. Second, the games they DO make I often have no interest in. So no thanks to installing this. I can download it on Xone whenever I want.

I never played this, so I'll give it a try.  Heard many good things.  Free with DRM, that's okay with me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer each company has their own client so I can keep track of my games that way.  Otherwise I would loose them or forget I owned them and it would be a disaster.  I just use my same username everywhere and the same password which is my initials followed by my birthday and then hitler's birthday.  I like DRM because it protects my rights and keeps the bad men outside at night. 

I prefer each company has their own client so I can keep track of my games that way. Otherwise I would loose them or forget I owned them and it would be a disaster. I just use my same username everywhere and the same password which is my initials followed by my birthday and then hitler's birthday. I like DRM because it protects my rights and keeps the bad men outside at night.
I thought you were serious until the DRM comment. Yeah. this is making games harder to track, and then not only do I buy for multiple platforms, but I end up purchasing it multiple times for just the PC. DRM sucks on consoles too though.,

bread's done
Back