Shadow of the Colossus $5 at 5 Below

MRW2276

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hope it's not a repost. Found a few good PS2 games today at 5 Below. They had a bunch in today. Highlights include (all greatest hits)

Shadow of the Colossus
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Jak 3
JAK AND Daxter

[quote name='MRW2276']Hope it's not a repost. Found a few good PS2 games today at 5 Below. They had a bunch in today. Highlights include (all greatest hits)

Shadow of the Colossus
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Jak 3
JAK AND Daxter[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'm in for all 4.

[quote name='strait edge follower']of of the most underated games of the last 15 years. sotc cant get enough praise from me[/QUOTE]

Agree. Not only one of the most underrated but one of the best.... Easily.

The closet one to me is in the St.Louis area and I live in California. Damn wanted to SotC guess I'll just get the collection.

I saw all of these plus Sly Cooper 3 when I was dropping my sister off at college in Long Island a couple weeks ago. I'm not too sure where the 5 below is located, but it was close to Adelphi University, if it helps anyone out.

[quote name='strait edge follower']one of the most underated games of the last 15 years. sotc cant get enough praise from me[/QUOTE]

LOLZ...even THAT is an understatement. I'd actually rank it as one of the best and most innovative games ever.

[quote name='strait edge follower']of of the most underated games of the last 15 years. sotc cant get enough praise from me[/QUOTE]
hows it underrated? it was highly reviewed by everyone and got a ps3 re-release

[quote name='strait edge follower']i mean that it doesnt get as much attention as it should. games like call of duty have the sales that this masterpiece should get :([/QUOTE]
That's how I interpreted what you said.;)

$5 is an absolute steal for this game...especially with ICO.

[quote name='dohdough']That's how I interpreted what you said.;)

$5 is an absolute steal for this game...especially with ICO.[/QUOTE]

This isn't for the PS3 HD collection though, it's for the PS2 version.

[quote name='waldo21212']This isn't for the PS3 HD collection though, it's for the PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA...whoops, I think I just boarded the FAIL BOAT.:rofl:

failboat-boarding2.jpg

I'm going to pick this up anyways.:lol:

[quote name='strait edge follower']i mean that it doesnt get as much attention as it should. games like call of duty have the sales that this masterpiece should get :([/QUOTE]

I get your point. :D However, most games are unsuccessful when compared to CoD. SoTC did incredibly well considering what it is.

I was in Five Below yesterday and saw the games listed, but they looked like reseals. No security strips on the case and cheap shrinkwrap. I ended up not picking any up...

I'm sorry, I've never heard of this store...are the games new or preowned? Looks like I have a few stores near me.

[quote name='G_F_P']I'm sorry, I've never heard of this store...are the games new or preowned? Looks like I have a few stores near me.[/QUOTE]

They should be new, but they looked odd to me. Some of the DVDs they get are from Canada, so that may be the case here as well.

[quote name='G_F_P']Greatest Hits edition? Or am I just getting greedy?[/QUOTE]

Bingo, greatest hits. Also found copies of God of War GH, but they also came double sealed with a French Canadian manual. I think...

SotC underrated? huh? The game deserves high praise and I believe sales numbers and critic/user reviews all agree. 5 bucks for this game is a great deal but if you have a PS3 look for the HD collection. It's gorgeous.

i picked up 2 copy's of this yesterday at my local $5 below. one for me and one for my brother in law. they also had..

kill zone 1
ratchet and clank (forgot which one ?)
jak 1
jak 2

a few more titles, cant remember.

[quote name='sp00ge']I was in Five Below yesterday and saw the games listed, but they looked like reseals. No security strips on the case and cheap shrinkwrap. I ended up not picking any up...[/QUOTE]

the 2 i picked up looked great (new sealed)

[quote name='sp00ge']I was in Five Below yesterday and saw the games listed, but they looked like reseals. No security strips on the case and cheap shrinkwrap. I ended up not picking any up...[/QUOTE]

They aren't reseals, they are simply newer, cheaper prints. Also, it's been many many years since any PS2 or PS1 games have had security tags on them.

[quote name='sp00ge']They should be new, but they looked odd to me. Some of the DVDs they get are from Canada, so that may be the case here as well.[/QUOTE]

this I picked up a copy of daxter (psp) and it was a canadian release.

it works / plays just fine, box art just has english AND french

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Got SOTC for $0.90 at Best Buy. (99cent minus 10% gamer club discount)[/QUOTE]
So did I. And their used games are immaculate! I think they get them reconditioned. I've bought about 6 games from them, different platforms, and they've all been scratch free.

funny you mention that game because yesterday I saw it used but scratch free for $2. I should've picked it up when I saw it in a record store of all places. Oh well, I may make a Wednesday trip to snag it along with a few cds. $5 new is a good deal since the PS3 version to me at least wasn't too much of a visual upgrade.

It's not underrated at all. Anyone who's played the game sings about it. Maybe unappreciated, it's probably a game not enough people have played.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']How on earth does SOTC qualify as underrated? It received rave reviews and sold enough to warrant a Greatest Hits edition AND an HD remake.[/QUOTE]

Some people like to think that they're part of a minority that has good taste:roll::roll:

Went in today with low expectations....came out with SOTC, MK Armageddon, and twisted metal black....I can confirm all games are brand,new with all inserts and manuals

[quote name='G_F_P']Went in today with low expectations....came out with SOTC, MK Armageddon, and twisted metal black....I can confirm all games are brand,new with all inserts and manuals[/QUOTE]

What else would they be?

[quote name='nietzsche74']What else would they be?[/QUOTE]

If you look a few posts before mine, you will see people were questioning if these were new....

bread's done
Back