Shadow of the Colossus/ICO HD Collection Advice

jbrun85

CAGiversary!
Hey guys,

I have a lot of game purchases coming up in the next couple months. I'm trying to cut down on costs a bit.

Do you think the Shadow of the Colossus/ICO collection will drop down in price rather quickly, or will it hold for a while?

I really want it, but id be willing to hold off if i can get it for quite a bit less in a few months.

I personally expect it to follow the same pattern as the GoW collection. I see it riding 40 for a while, but then getting hit with sales shortly thereafter. That's just my speculation though.

I'm with you on budgeting for the end of this year though. It's gonna be crazy.

I'm in the same boat as you, I have Dark Souls, Batman, Uncharted, Zelda & Skyrim on my playlist for the next few months. I also would love to play ICO/SotC but I'm pretty sure it'll get a price drop/discounted sooner like GoW, Sly or Prince of Persia.

That's why I'm getting Gears 3 at Amazon. I'll net a $20 GC which I'll use to cut the price of Ico/SotC in half.

Can't beat it at $20!

[quote name='jbrun85']Hey guys,

I have a lot of game purchases coming up in the next couple months. I'm trying to cut down on costs a bit.

Do you think the Shadow of the Colossus/ICO collection will drop down in price rather quickly, or will it hold for a while?

I really want it, but id be willing to hold off if i can get it for quite a bit less in a few months.[/QUOTE]

I would hold off for a few weeks. I expect it can be had for much less by BF or during the holiday season.

chances are the price will go down, if not within a few weeks, a few months definitely I've got a bunch of games in my backlog so I'll probably get to this in a year, since I already played Shadow of the Colossus but never really got to play ICO I'm in no rush

In my opinion $40 games tend to hold their value longer than $60 games. Also I don't think it's going to be as readily available as most $60 games will be due to the publisher and games.

I'd expect it to hit around $30 or $25 if we're lucky on BF. Although on this game, I pre-ordered with newegg when there was a promo code for $30. I don't have much of a backlog, so it's not a huge deal for me to get it a little earlier. It'll probably be at least 6 months before it goes down to $20.

bread's done
Back