Shadowrun Beta Application

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Courtesy of Major Nelson:

1. Visit the beta Web site at http://connect.microsoft.com.
2. Click on "Invitations" on the left-side menu.
3. You will need to sign in using a valid Windows Live ID before you can continue to the "Invitations" page. (If you have already registered for the Connect site, skip to Step 5.)
4. Please read and accept the Terms of Use Agreement then follow the instructions to register for the Connect site.
5. Enter your Invitation ID in the blank field. Your invitation ID is: SHBS-6YMT-YKHC
6. Click "Go."
7. Complete and submit the short questionnaire. Please enter MAJOR1 for the beta code when asked at the beginning of the questionnaire.
8. If you are not redirected immediately to the Shadowrun Beta Selection homepage after completing the questionnaire, click the My Participations link on the left hand navigation bar and then click the Shadowrun program link. This will redirect you to the Shadowrun Beta Selection Homepage.
9. Once you are on the Shadowrun Beta Selection Homepage, you will need to complete the rest of the registration process by signing up for the forums by clicking the Join the Forums button then click the Welcome to the Official Shadowrun Community Forum Sign In button.
10. Wait patiently for us to contact you with further instructions. Check back at http://connect.microsoft.com for further beta announcements.​

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/11/27/how-to-sign-up-for-the-shadowrun-beta.aspx

At the very least, I'm glad to see they're showing some initiative in testing these games out on a larger scale before they get to market, hopefully that'll mean fewer fuck-ups on release.

Damn it. I wanted to sign up but all I get is this:

The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible.

EDIT: It doesnt seem to work using Firefox, but with IE it worked fine.

I got through around 10 minutes ago. At first it asked me for my personal information(name, phone number, address) and I got an error when I tried to submit. I clicked the Invitations link on the left column and it gave me access to the questionnaire, after that it went smoothly.

The beta is for both FYI,

Thanks for applying to participate in the Shadowrun beta test.

The beta is expected to begin early to mid December 2006 and run through March 2007. Currently we are in the process of gathering names of potential participants. To qualify you need:

· Either an Xbox 360 with a hard drive or a high end PC running Windows Vista. We will be publishing the minimum spec for the PC shortly.

· An Xbox Live Gold account.

· Broadband access.

· Enough time to play from home on a regular basis.

· A willingness to communicate on the beta forums.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It's giving me an error when I try to sign up.[/QUOTE]

Are you using IE? Firefox and other browsers sometimes have problems.

I also got excited that the genesis verison was coming back in some form. If they put that in VC I may need to buy a Wii just to play it :)

[quote name='happy']I also got excited that the genesis verison was coming back in some form. If they put that in VC I may need to buy a Wii just to play it :)[/QUOTE]

Since MS owns it I doubt that will happen.

Signed up last night as well, I'm pretty much all about this game even though it's not even close to what I thought it should be. Hopefully it'll be a fast and fun online FPS :).

bread's done
Back