Shadowrun PC on Windows 7? Some of you CAGs bought SR...

palejackal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey fellow CAGs, I was curious if anyone has had success with running Shadowrun on Windows 7? I figure someone must have a) bought Shadowrun when GoGamer sold it for a penny and b) someone must be running Windows 7 (RC or final.)

Thanks!

[quote name='palejackal']Hey fellow CAGs, I was curious if anyone has had success with running Shadowrun on Windows 7? I figure someone must have a) bought Shadowrun when GoGamer sold it for a penny and b) someone must be running Windows 7 (RC or final.)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I've got a student copy, let me boot it up real quick...

EDIT: Note, this was a drag and drop and not a reinstall after installing Win7 but it asks for a xlive.dll which I do not have, so it won't run. I'll see if I can remedy it.
EDIT2: I haven't got my disc handy, and it looks like a reinstall is the only way I could know. It's saying something about "Incomplete installation" so I figure it needs different files for Win7. Sorry I couldn't help!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Liquid 2']It should work. 99% of everything I've used on Win 7 has worked flawlessly.[/QUOTE]

It sounded strange to me too, so I googled that dll file Hydro mentioned and the problem he mentions is related to Games for Windows Live games. Might be related to palejackals problem. However we won't know until he gives more details on the problem. That's usually the first step you take when you troubleshoot something is to find out exactly what happened directly before, during, and after the problem appeared.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I haven't nabbed SR yet for the PC. I played it when it came out on the 360, since I didn't (and don't) have Vista. Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='Draekon']It sounded strange to me too, so I googled that dll file Hydro mentioned and the problem he mentions is related to Games for Windows Live games. Might be related to palejackals problem. However we won't know until he gives more details on the problem. That's usually the first step you take when you troubleshoot something is to find out exactly what happened directly before, during, and after the problem appeared.[/QUOTE]

I reinstalled GFWL which was what the DLL problem was but that was just the first problem it was having. It simply said it was a broken copy and that I'd need to reinstall.

Normally I'd just 'obtain' a copy of the game as I still have my legit CD-key around but nobody has the game up, it's not very popular.

bread's done
Back