Shadowrun & Perfect Dark Zero for $60...keep or no?

cdrober

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well, today I went to circuit city to try and get the Forza 2 w/ a free game; I was originally going to pick up GUN as the $20 game. They did not have it in stock so they called another one, which said they had one, but the didnt' hold it for me and 20 minutes later when i got there it was sold. I really wanted to get this deal and I was always somewhat interested in shadowrun so I picked that up. When I got this though I didn't see any of the $20 games I was interested in and I asked if I could just pay the difference. The manager said "no" to this, but then the employee said that I could get Perfect Dark Zero for free as it was a $20 game and that was worth it.

Thing is....PDZ is a $30 game, and as a bonus this is a non-platinum hits original copy of it; the regular version though not collectors. So, of course the computer won't let it go, but then the manager overrides it since the employee told me I could get it for free.

I also had $30 in Gift Cards ($15 extra than I was supposed to get per the Pirates Blu-Ray Gift Card Snafu they had a week or so ago, which is discussed in the HD/Blu-Ray deals forum).

So, I used the $30 Gift Card and $30 in cash and I walked out w/ Shadowrun and Perfect Dark Zero.

My question is....do youi think that, even at this price, these games are worth it? I'm particularly worried about Shadowrun, I read the recent write up IGN did as of yesterday and it sounds intriguing...but don't know if it will really hold up. Also, is Perfect Dark Zero worth the $20 now even?

Anyways...any comments/info is appreciated....or if anyone wants to trade Forza 2 for Shadowrun let me know;)

PDO has a horrible, disgusting, repulsive, sickening, depressingly bad single player mode but the good multiplayer makes it a keeper.

There is demo of Shadowrun due to be released on the 6th I think, you might wanna try that out before opening the game. I heard it's supposed to be decent at the very least.

Despite all the flak it's gotten, PDZ has been one of my favorite games in the past year.

[quote name='cdrober']Well, today I went to circuit city to try and get the Forza 2 w/ a free game; I was originally going to pick up GUN as the $20 game. They did not have it in stock so they called another one, which said they had one, but the didnt' hold it for me and 20 minutes later when i got there it was sold. I really wanted to get this deal and I was always somewhat interested in shadowrun so I picked that up. When I got this though I didn't see any of the $20 games I was interested in and I asked if I could just pay the difference. The manager said "no" to this, but then the employee said that I could get Perfect Dark Zero for free as it was a $20 game and that was worth it.

Thing is....PDZ is a $30 game, and as a bonus this is a non-platinum hits original copy of it; the regular version though not collectors. So, of course the computer won't let it go, but then the manager overrides it since the employee told me I could get it for free.

I also had $30 in Gift Cards ($15 extra than I was supposed to get per the Pirates Blu-Ray Gift Card Snafu they had a week or so ago, which is discussed in the HD/Blu-Ray deals forum).

So, I used the $30 Gift Card and $30 in cash and I walked out w/ Shadowrun and Perfect Dark Zero.

My question is....do youi think that, even at this price, these games are worth it? I'm particularly worried about Shadowrun, I read the recent write up IGN did as of yesterday and it sounds intriguing...but don't know if it will really hold up. Also, is Perfect Dark Zero worth the $20 now even?

Anyways...any comments/info is appreciated....or if anyone wants to trade Forza 2 for Shadowrun let me know;)[/QUOTE]

OK i read this and thought you were talking about the SNES version of shadowrun, it is an excellent game but not worth 30. 12 for the cart only, maybe $16 to $20 complete. And yes it is an excellent game

bread's done
Back