Shadows of The Damned

shotgunshine

CAGiversary!
Dont see a thread here on this. Sorry if one has been posted.

Anyone purchasing or planning to purchase soon? If you have it already what are your thoughts?

This is one of those games I don't regret buying it at $60 (Well $60 plus a $15 K-mart coupon).

It plays like Resident Evil 4 (shooting wise and the whole 3rd person perspective wise), but you can now run and shoot. What really sets this game apart is the humor and style. The style of this game reaches a level that very few games do. It's something that takes the old ideas of a survival horror and reinvent them into this world that just works (so it feels new and fresh but still familiar). It has great characters, great writing and it's really a GOTY contender for me.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']This is one of those games I don't regret buying it at $60 (Well $60 plus a $15 K-mart coupon).

It plays like Resident Evil 4 (shooting wise and the whole 3rd person perspective wise), but you can now run and shoot. What really sets this game apart is the humor and style. The style of this game reaches a level that very few games do. It's something that takes the old ideas of a survival horror and reinvent them into this world that just works (so it feels new and fresh but still familiar). It has great characters, great writing and it's really a GOTY contender for me.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is certainly good to hear. I may have bumped this up to the $30-$40 range now. :D

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']This is one of those games I don't regret buying it at $60 (Well $60 plus a $15 K-mart coupon).

It plays like Resident Evil 4 (shooting wise and the whole 3rd person perspective wise), but you can now run and shoot. What really sets this game apart is the humor and style. The style of this game reaches a level that very few games do. It's something that takes the old ideas of a survival horror and reinvent them into this world that just works (so it feels new and fresh but still familiar). It has great characters, great writing and it's really a GOTY contender for me.[/QUOTE]

Agree with all of that. Loving this game. Only complaint it seems a bit on the short side. Im on Chapter 5-1 right now.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Agree with all of that. Loving this game. Only complaint it seems a bit on the short side. Im on Chapter 5-1 right now.[/QUOTE]
Even if it is short, I don't mind it (Just started yesterday). I mean this game has enough style/fun to it that it makes up for it for me. It's one of those rare cases where I want to really spend $60 and support the developer because you don't really see risky games (as of style and making it not generic to appeal to everyone), anymore.

No regrets picking it up at $60. It will forever stay in my collection.

For those who have played it, do you see Johnson as basically a foul-mouthed Wheatley from Portal 2? Good stuff, indeed.

I wanted to like this game, and had high hopes for it, but the reviews are somewhat below average. There's definite connections to the Resident Evil creative team, but I think Vanquish is a better buy. I'll pick up SotD probably around the $20 point though.

[quote name='Apollo Creed']No regrets picking it up at $60. It will forever stay in my collection.

For those who have played it, do you see Johnson as basically a foul-mouthed Wheatley from Portal 2? Good stuff, indeed.[/QUOTE]
I thought of him more as a Spanish version of Ash from Army of Darkness

Amazing game. Loved it. Currently on my 3rd and final playthrough for the 1K. I have enjoyed this game to no end thus far. I know it probably won't happen but DLC would be welcome for this by me. :D

I don't know anything about this game, but you've got a Ziltoid avatar and therefore I trust everything you have to say from now on.

Finally beat this thing last night. For $12 it was a steal. It had some annoyances. (didn't care for the 2D shooter sections, and a couple WTF am I supposed to do moments) but overall it was pretty kick ass. I was expecting more with the rockstar team behind it. I had a very similar experiance with this game as I did Alice the Madness Returns. Great overlooked game, not perfect, but well worth a playthrough.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Where can I get this for under $20?[/QUOTE]

i know this doesn't help much right now, but Gamefly had it for

^ Yep, that's how I got it. It was originally $17.99 but I used my 10% discount and a coupon.

Glyde has it for under $20. But with shipping it'll cost about $21

This game I played through on the hardest level. It was an awesome game unlike most I've ever played and I've played a lot. I'm working on my platinum but after I played it through and realized going through on hardest level didn't give you the beat it on easy or medium trophies haha soo was kind of irritated and got some new games in the mean time so its on my to do list. I had this game preordered when I first saw news about it. The characters are awesome, the weapons are sick! The demonic coloring to this makes the game. All around awesome game whether you buy it full priced or 12 bucks

bread's done
Back