Shady3011 - deadbeat, lack of communication douche bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcopy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (98%)
This douche bag and I struck up a deal. My Mai Shiranui figurine + $10 for his Western Digital Element External 750gb hard drive.

We exchange information and agree on shipping methods (UPS for him, USPS for me) and payment. (For the $10) I was stoke about this deal, since we both live in the same State meaning our items will get to us quicker.

The deal was finalized 4-24-09. I informed him I would pack it up and ship it out on Monday (4-25-09). To my knowledge I was assuming he would do so, as well.

Monday comes around and I take it to a local UPS shipper. I took photos of the package and PM him the tracking information.

Usually I expect a PM back stating my message was received and that they too have shipped my package and provide me with the tracking info as well.

But I did not get PMs back, so I figure I’d wait. Wednesday comes around and he receives his package. I figure mine would arrive that day as well, but it didn’t.

I decide to wait until Friday, nothing arrives, so I sent him a PM that day. He comes online makes several posts and does not reply to my PM.

I got upset, and decided to PM a few MODS and explained the situation. At the same time sending him another PM…. Oh before I go on, I did get hostile on these PMs. I can only be nice for some long before I go off.

Anyways, I get a respond from a MOD and the douche bag was also included in that PM. The next day the moron finally PMs me back saying he had seen my PM and was going to wait until he shipped out my package before he would reply back.

WTF? Whatever happen to good communication skills? I dislike people who receive their item(s) and take their time on sending yours.

To make things short, I just tell halfwit to send my item back the way I had originally packaged it, so numb nuts ships it back with the box looking all jacked up and and the pole smoker had actually already opened up the item. I guess he’s not a collector, but just an inept f*ck.

My fault on this though. I should have mentioned, send it back if you hadn’t already opened it, but I wasn’t thinking straight.

The dipshit just crammed everything back in the box and shipped it back.

What a total asswipe. Don’t deal with this IDIOT. I think he’s a total timewaster and a douche bag.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

By the way sparky. WTF is my refund for shipping cost?! I'll see you soon to collect. Count on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow....sorry to hear that bro, i actually think i remember u getting them dolls from playasia when you ordered something else and they sent you them instead, am i correct on that?

Sorry to hear about the bad trade, CML for figure...

*edit* Wow just looked at this profile, 30 iTrader :(! I am hoping this was one giant mistake.

Shady is shady.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune xcopy; it's definitely fucked that he sent it back to you in such bad condition.

IMO he should send you the hard-drive and then have you send the figurine back at his expense.

Weird. He bought some stuff from me and there wasn't much of a problem, though he did pay without sending me a message confirming who he was (I had received multiple payments that day). He did message back the next day, though. Sorry that happened, I wonder what his deal was.. :whistle2:k

I don't think this needs it's own thread. You should have reported him to a mod so he will be put on the Bad Trader List.

[quote name='naes']I don't think this needs it's own thread. You should have reported him to a mod so he will be put on the Bad Trader List.[/quote]

hmmm i tried to get someone (i dont know who anymore) put on that list a while back, i pm'ed the mod that made that thread, and i never heard back from him so i just let it go, maybe something happened and he never got my message?

Was this President Douche Bag? Or another?

All those FRAGILE stickers make the UPS/Fed Ex guys see how far they can kick/throw said package. Just so you know.

[quote name='musha666']
All those FRAGILE stickers make the UPS/Fed Ex guys see how far they can kick/throw said package. Just so you know.[/quote]

I dunno. OP sent me a Bioshock Big Daddy figure in a box with all them fragile stickers, and the box showed up in pristine shape. Not to mention, for something as notoriously fragile as the Big Daddy (ironic, really), OPs extra effort was appreciated.

Sorry to hear about the trade gone bad dude. Shady3011 was a name I knew from general activity on here too. Go figure.

I am in a trade with Shady3011 right now, he bought some of my rare stuff and paid quick so i thought a trade would be fine. I have had zero problems with communication out of him. It has been 2 weeks tomorrow since I shipped my item to him and he hasn't shipped his to me yet, BUT we have been in talks and he has explained his situation with me. Therefore I am cool with it, Shady is a good guy sorry you had a bad experience with him but I don't think he deserved his own thread, you had the situation resolved with a mod. Enough was done, why drag it in the mud even further?

Wow. I don't see why you had to go to the trouble of making this thread. I talk with Shrike and did like he said to comply with your wishes. You basically assume that in one day (you really did blow up after just one) that I was going to screw you over. I guess I should have just patronize you so you wouldn't had thrown such a fit.

As for shipping, I know for fact I didn't send it back like that. I don't know what to say about what UPS did, but I guess you're going to hold me responsible for it. That's fine, but I really don't know what you want to do about it. It's your call at this point.

Really, the ball is in your court. I don't have much of a leg to stand on since you're making it sound like I was dead set to screw you over from the beginning. Makes you realize how one sided these things can be once the the other makes the thread first.

This sucks. Next time never ASSuME anything... It always gets you in trouble.

Sorry, can't stop laughing about the item an the last part of the OP's first post. lool

I agree with the op on this. I hate when people are online, and they don't reply concerning a sale/trade. I've had a few people claim they wanted this, and that,but never paid. There just wasting your time. If I shipped something out, and he ended up beating around, and finally sent it back to me not in the same condition. I would be pissed off. I don't blame you one bit xcopy. The guy should really pay you back shipping, and give you something extra for putting up with him, and sending it back open. :bomb: Also that neg you got from him should be changed. You didn't do anything wrong. He was acting like those people on ebay. You leave someone a neg that they deserved, and they give you one in return. That is changed now on ebay,but I doubt it is for the better.

hulk_2003_img_1.jpg

[quote name='jman619']I agree with the op on this. I hate when people are online, and they don't reply concerning a sale/trade. I've had a few people claim they wanted this, and that,but never paid. There just wasting your time. If I shipped something out, and he ended up beating around, and finally sent it back to me not in the same condition. I would be pissed off. I don't blame you one bit xcopy. The guy should really pay you back shipping, and give you something extra for putting up with him, and sending it back open. :bomb: Also that neg you got from him should be changed. You didn't do anything wrong. He was acting like those people on ebay. You leave someone a neg that they deserved, and they give you one in return. That is changed now on ebay,but I doubt it is for the better.[/quote]

First off, if I had paid for it I would have done so way before he shipped it. I also didn't send it back because I didn't want it anymore. He asked for it back and I complied. I would have liked to avoid that, but since he insisted (rather threateningly so) I did as he asked. I also did not send it back open. The item was pristine when I sent it back. The only reason I opened the box was to insure it had arrived safely.

If he had wanted some kind of compensation, he would have tried to work out something with me. I'm sure he rather just label me as a scarlet since that must give a better satisfaction.

I am not against Shady on this one. I too have had times where I'm alittle late on shipping (a few people know that here, lmao.) And anyways, I would've done the same thing and waited till I sent the item out to respond. That's just what happened in a trade I was with myself. Everything worked out, it's just I wound up having to explain why I didn't answer his pm because he sent another PM saying he was going to contact Mods (thinking I may have scammed but I was just waiting 1 more day). So, yeah. And it's not his fault that you didn't ask him to reimburse shipping, or just deal with it and take the HD, which would've been a smarter move since that's what you wanted in the first place anyways.

But I'm not against Xcopy, I would've been I bit ticked. But I would've just dealt with the fact that it took a little longer to ship and I still get my item (which I doubt you need the 750gb HD right this minute)

[quote name='Shady3011']First off, if I had paid for it I would have done so way before he shipped it. I also didn't send it back because I didn't want it anymore. He asked for it back and I complied. I would have liked to avoid that, but since he insisted (rather threateningly so) I did as he asked. I also did not send it back open. The item was pristine when I sent it back. The only reason I opened the box was to insure it had arrived safely.

If he had wanted some kind of compensation, he would have tried to work out something with me. I'm sure he rather just label me as a scarlet since that must give a better satisfaction.[/quote]

Did you guys arrange to ship out on the same day? If so why didn't you just do that like originally planned?

[quote name='jman619']Did you guys arrange to ship out on the same day? If so why didn't you just do that like originally planned?[/quote]

Common sense. Procrastination. Everybody's doing it.

[quote name='pr3mium']Common sense. Procrastination. Everybody's doing it.[/quote]

Not me. If I plan to do something I do what I said I would come hell or high water. :cool:

[quote name='jman619']Did you guys arrange to ship out on the same day? If so why didn't you just do that like originally planned?[/quote]

Actually, no it wasn't unless it was implicit. I never assume that with anyone I trade with unless they explicitly state it.

[quote name='jman619']Not me. If I plan to do something I do what I said I would come hell or high water. :cool:[/quote]

This. If they arranged to ship same time on Sunday there is no excuse why he could not have shipped Monday much less a week later!

[quote name='DAWG26']This. If they arranged to ship same time on Sunday there is no excuse why he could not have shipped Monday much less a week later![/quote]

There wasn't a week later. This all occurred in the span of a week.

How is this thread still open? I don't understand how xcopy gets a mod involved the mod has the situation resolved. Shady sends the stuff back and xcopy is mad because the stuff wasn't in the same shape as it was sent. Negative feedback was left. Im sure a mod will put shady (undeserving of this) on the bad trader list. So instead of leaving it alone Xcopy makes a thread, acts like a 12 year old on xbox live, and bitches and moans some more to the cag community, i could understand making the thread if it was a scam but it wasn't, he sent the stuff back perhaps you and shady should arrange for you to get compensated for the shape of the item when it arrived back or file a dispute with UPS. But to make a thread and bitch some more after having a mod involved is uncalled for. How the thread is still open is beyond me.

1. This didn't need its own thread.
2. OP should have just taken the hard drive.
3. OP can leave neautral or negative feedback if the terms of the arrangement were not met.
4. I'm not taking sides but OP way overreacted.
5. I'd still trade with both.
6. Lock this thread!

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']How is this thread still open? I don't understand how xcopy gets a mod involved the mod has the situation resolved. Shady sends the stuff back and xcopy is mad because the stuff wasn't in the same shape as it was sent. Negative feedback was left. Im sure a mod will put shady (undeserving of this) on the bad trader list. So instead of leaving it alone Xcopy makes a thread, acts like a 12 year old on xbox live, and bitches and moans some more to the cag community, i could understand making the thread if it was a scam but it wasn't, he sent the stuff back perhaps you and shady should arrange for you to get compensated for the shape of the item when it arrived back or file a dispute with UPS. But to make a thread and bitch some more after having a mod involved is uncalled for. How the thread is still open is beyond me.[/quote]

Thanks for the voice of opinion kiddo, but I did PM him on 4/30/09 and 5/2/09 without any replies.

Rest assured though, if we ever do a transaction I'll make sure you pay first or send first. Once I receive payment/item. I'll ship your stuff out when ever I feel like it... and don't bother PMing me because I need the time to catch up on what's going on in the forum.

Keeping constant communication with you will be last on my priority list. :lol:

Thank you, come again.

Unless we see all the pms between op and shady, I doubt we'll know who is really telling the truth (not to mention we will never know what really happened to the package).

however, since you requested your item returned.... so why are you requesting a refund on shipping as well?? (he paid returned shipping as well) doesn't make sense to me.

[quote name='Edgeworth']Calling Shady out like this is stupid. You got your dumb doll back...jeeze.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DAWG26']Its not a doll. ITS AN ACTION FIGURE!!! :lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

The doll/action figure can also reach about 200 dollars on EBay at certain times in the year when unopened.

Congratulations on being assholes.

Well, as this thread is already bumped, it can't hurt to add my two cents.
For the record, I've had many positive interactions with Shady. Much like me, he has always done his best to ship out at the requested time. If no specific time is requested, I (and I assume he) ship when it's most convenient although still reasonable.

Shady always gets a thumbs up in my book.

[quote name='xcopy']Thanks for the voice of opinion kiddo, but I did PM him on 4/30/09 and 5/2/09 without any replies.

Rest assured though, if we ever do a transaction I'll make sure you pay first or send first. Once I receive payment/item. I'll ship your stuff out when ever I feel like it... and don't bother PMing me because I need the time to catch up on what's going on in the forum.

Keeping constant communication with you will be last on my priority list. :lol:

Thank you, come again.[/quote]

If a thread with a page long of you bitching about something that was already resolved is how you do buisness I won't have to worry about your packing/communication skills as I'll never have need of them. Id hate for someone to call me names like they are a fucking child in a public thread so that they can feel like that have a sack at the end of the day. Nice.

Thank you come again.:roll:

I fail to see how anyone thinks the OP's situation was resolved? That Western Digital HDD that he traded for is worth over $100 so it gives a clear indication of how much his figurine is worth.

So for all of the OP's trouble, he's left hanging for a week, gets back an opened figurine with a damaged box (easily cuts the value in half), and gets blasted in this thread?

Are you CAG's reading the same thread as I am?

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']How is this thread still open? I don't understand how xcopy gets a mod involved the mod has the situation resolved. Shady sends the stuff back and xcopy is mad because the stuff wasn't in the same shape as it was sent. Negative feedback was left. Im sure a mod will put shady (undeserving of this) on the bad trader list. So instead of leaving it alone Xcopy makes a thread, acts like a 12 year old on xbox live, and bitches and moans some more to the cag community, i could understand making the thread if it was a scam but it wasn't, he sent the stuff back perhaps you and shady should arrange for you to get compensated for the shape of the item when it arrived back or file a dispute with UPS. But to make a thread and bitch some more after having a mod involved is uncalled for. How the thread is still open is beyond me.[/quote]

The fuck are you smoking?

[quote name='refusedchaos']sry to hear that this happend. poor Mai =/

and clearly CAGs dont know the value of this figure[/quote]
Anyone who has looked at xcopy's trade list would know it is worth quite a bit. Even without knowing. It is evident that the package was shipped packed in a good manner. Only op and shady will know what happened to the figure. Thus we should all stay out of the way. Even though op is pissed, does it resolve anything to create a thread and act like a little kid? In all honesty everyone would be happier if op would have let shady ship out the hard drive. Still upset but we wouldn't have the issue of what happened to the package.

It's unfortunate but Shady's cool in my book. I was the broker to help my friend (who's only had 1 prior feedback on CAG) purchase a PS3 from him and he was willing to ship first.

I don't know. Shady doesn't sound like a shady guy at all, but I'm a bit skeptical about the box showing up as it did. Not the brown box the figure came in, that could have just happened. But the figure's box itself looks like it got a brick dropped on it.

I know how easy it would be to do something like that working as UPS if you're all pissed off and just want to ruin someone's day, but idk, those are low chances.

Not taking sides, just mentioning a side that I didn't see mentioned here, and offering a possible explanation of OPs... anger.

As a fellow collector myself, I would be incredibly upset if I had received my item back opened and damaged. Not only did he lose his shipping cost, but he lost about $50-100 in value from the figure (not sure the exact value). That is far more damaging than any mis-communications between the two. That's like just having someone straight up steal money out of your wallet. I do agree that he should've just requested the hard drive and not the figure back, but that's his fault.

I also think Shady is incredibly dumb for opening the figure... Who on Earth buys figures at whatever age he is (guessing at least 20+) other than collecting? So WHY would he open the figure to check to see if it was ok? Honestly, I think Shady opened it because of the OP's attitude and that was payback. NO collector is dumb enough to open a sealed $200 figurine just to check his status. That's super sketch.

[quote name='Darknuke']As a fellow collector myself, I would be incredibly upset if I had received my item back opened and damaged. Not only did he lose his shipping cost, but he lost about $50-100 in value from the figure (not sure the exact value). That is far more damaging than any mis-communications between the two. That's like just having someone straight up steal money out of your wallet. I do agree that he should've just requested the hard drive and not the figure back, but that's his fault.

I also think Shady is incredibly dumb for opening the figure... Who on Earth buys figures at whatever age he is (guessing at least 20+) other than collecting? So WHY would he open the figure to check to see if it was ok? Honestly, I think Shady opened it because of the OP's attitude and that was payback. NO collector is dumb enough to open a sealed $200 figurine just to check his status. That's super sketch.[/quote]

There are plenty of collectors out there who open things. Granted the figure may have been worth $200 some bucks, but shady at that point had the figure. It seemed to me that he was fully intending on sending out the Hard Drive, so him opening the figure was him figuring the OP wasn't going to start crying about not getting that hard drive within a week.

[quote name='Darknuke']As a fellow collector myself, I would be incredibly upset if I had received my item back opened and damaged. Not only did he lose his shipping cost, but he lost about $50-100 in value from the figure (not sure the exact value). That is far more damaging than any mis-communications between the two. That's like just having someone straight up steal money out of your wallet. I do agree that he should've just requested the hard drive and not the figure back, but that's his fault.

I also think Shady is incredibly dumb for opening the figure... Who on Earth buys figures at whatever age he is (guessing at least 20+) other than collecting? So WHY would he open the figure to check to see if it was ok? Honestly, I think Shady opened it because of the OP's attitude and that was payback. NO collector is dumb enough to open a sealed $200 figurine just to check his status. That's super sketch.[/quote]

Did he open the box the figure is in? Even I know better than that. I'm not a collector,but I know it loses some of its value if its been open as compared to sealed.

I think I read that shady opened the box the item was shipped in, but not the actual plastic box that houses the figure itself.

(NOT TRYING TO GET INVOLVED IN THIS AT ALL BUT I THINK THAT'S SHADY'S SIDE).

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I think I read that shady opened the box the item was shipped in, but not the actual plastic box that houses the figure itself.

(NOT TRYING TO GET INVOLVED IN THIS AT ALL BUT I THINK THAT'S SHADY'S SIDE).[/quote]

That is what I want to know If he opened the box the actual figure was in or not.

[quote name='jman619']That is what I want to know If he opened the box the actual figure was in or not.[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, figures always come with a seal on the box itself (as to prevent people from easily opening the box and taking the figure out in stores or something). Maybe I'm wrong, but it is an oxymoron to say some collector's open figures. That COMPLETELY defeats the purpose of collecting it. WHY would you pay $200 for a sealed figure when you can get a like-new figure for say, $150 or even less. That's just plain dumb and naive. He was either incredibly dumb for opening it or had bad intentions when he did so. I think the latter tbh.

[quote name='heartagram311']There are plenty of collectors out there who open things. Granted the figure may have been worth $200 some bucks, but shady at that point had the figure. It seemed to me that he was fully intending on sending out the Hard Drive, so him opening the figure was him figuring the OP wasn't going to start crying about not getting that hard drive within a week.[/QUOTE]

SDS$$$HSFASFZDSYUIYCFDSLASDHALSDSNJ :bomb:

No. No. No.

[quote name='Darknuke']If I'm not mistaken, figures always come with a seal on the box itself (as to prevent people from easily opening the box and taking the figure out in stores or something). Maybe I'm wrong, but it is an oxymoron to say some collector's open figures. That COMPLETELY defeats the purpose of collecting it. WHY would you pay $200 for a sealed figure when you can get a like-new figure for say, $150 or even less. That's just plain dumb and naive. He was either incredibly dumb for opening it or had bad intentions when he did so. I think the latter tbh.[/quote]

Thing is, HE DIDN'T PAY FOR THE FIGURE. He was doing an even trade, figure for the hard drive. For all we know, shady could've got that external hard drive on the cheap, and really was getting the better deal in the long run.

And why would opening something defeat the purpose of collecting it? I collect movies. I open the mother fuckers and watch them, then put them on a shelf and people awe over them. Same goes with comic books. While some people are anal retentive over shit that they buy, some prefer to have these items out on display. Sometimes, it's not how much their worth in the box to others. It's what they are worth personally to the collector.

I bought a figure in a lowball sale just a day ago and it'll be taken out of the box when it arrives and put on top of my heater (only open space I have).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back