Shaq-Fuing Prank Phone Calls

kennistond

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
So I'm getting an extreme amount of prank calls lately from the same number and I was wondering what a good solution would be.

Should I just let them call or should I turn the number over to CAG and watch the magic happen or should I call the police? (which I don't really feel like dealing with)

[quote name='kennistond']So I'm getting an extreme amount of prank calls lately from the same number and I was wondering what a good solution would be.

Should I just let them call or should I turn the number over to CAG and watch the magic happen or should I call the police? (which I don't really feel like dealing with)[/QUOTE]

1. Is this number calling your cell or home phone?
2. What time do these calls occur?
3. What exactly is said when you pick up the phone?
4. Do you have a recording device on your phone?

[quote name='ITDEFX']1. Is this number calling your cell or home phone?
2. What time do these calls occur?
3. What exactly is said when you pick up the phone?
4. Do you have a recording device on your phone?[/quote]

They're calling my cell phone and always late at night. I'm usually not sleeping when they call but it's still annoying. I don't pick up much anymore but I either say stop calling or fuck off and I don't have a recording device.

i remember i always get this call saying i owe them money. they got the wrong first name but the right last name. i kept on telling them that they got the wrong number. they called me everyday many times. when i asked who it is they sometimes tell me waikovia and sometimes other bank or some flight company. there was one time i was playing Medal of Honor on PC. he called me i said wrong number i hung up. he called again then i put my phone next to the speakers letting him hear guns shooting, stuff blowing up, ppl dying... blah blah blah.

after a few weeks, they stopped calling. they probably found out the guy finally paid them or some crap.

[quote name='Magehart']Just post on craigslist PS3 for sale $200 and post their number below it.[/quote]

That is a great idea. I may actually do something similar if they keep calling.

If you guys (or girls) feel like I'm using you for my own personal army, I apologize.

Magehart, I will probably end up using your idea if they don't stop. Thanks.

[quote name='Magehart']Just post on craigslist PS3 for sale $200 and post their number below it.[/QUOTE]
GENIOUS!! Or better yet, advertise saying that you're a girl desperate for sex and put the number and watch the magic happen!!

answer, don't say hello for 5 seconds or so, then scream at the top of your lungs into the phone. that should scare the shit out of them. but they'll probably just call right back.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']GENIOUS!! Or better yet, advertise saying that you're a girl desperate for sex and put the number and watch the magic happen!![/quote]

That could lead to some legal troubles that's why I didn't suggest it. You want it to be subtle about this, not a blatant fake post.

Just don't post the number on CAG or something, that'd be foolish as a mod will be forced to kick your ass. ;)

I like the CL idea though. :lol:

I second the CAG who said there may be legal reprecussions (sp? :3). Didn't we have a news story floating around here before about how someone posted a CL ad for EVERYTHING IS FREE at a certain house... (people read that CL ad and actually raided the house... the owner was beyond shocked to say the least because she never placed the ad and no one knows who it was.. Cops are trying to locate the prankster now.. and the woman is left with an utterly empty house. I mean, people even took the *SINK* T.T)

Anyways, I realize it's not quite to the same extent, but...why sink down to the prankster's level? Can't you call your cell company and block the number?

To take legal action there have to numerous calls (3-5+), etc.

But if so, you're legally entitled to get info on the person. Mapquest the pussy, and whip a brick into his or her window.

i've just been getting a couple of very annoying prank phone calls, and *67 doesnt seem to be working. is there any other way to track down a number? i really want to try the CL thing

Kind of related--there was a hilarious mp3 I heard a long time ago on the net that I wish I could find, but it was a salesman calling some guy and the guy that answered turned the tables on him by pretending to be a detective that was investigating a murder at the house, and he did a pretty convincing job and then started saying that the salesman was now a suspect, blah, blah, blah....VERY funny...

Anyone that knows what I'm talking about please let me know where I can find it!

i had a simlar problem with my house phone so i started answering the with "Johnson's mortuary, how can i help you"... no more calls

[quote name='keithp']Kind of related--there was a hilarious mp3 I heard a long time ago on the net that I wish I could find, but it was a salesman calling some guy and the guy that answered turned the tables on him by pretending to be a detective that was investigating a murder at the house, and he did a pretty convincing job and then started saying that the salesman was now a suspect, blah, blah, blah....VERY funny...

Anyone that knows what I'm talking about please let me know where I can find it![/quote]
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/audio/play/5848

I had a problem with prank calls a few weeks ago... it was a teenage girl.

I got pissed once and called back with *69... when she answered, I said "You can stop calling me now, I can see you from here." and hung up.

She never called back.

bread's done
Back