Sharkoon X-Tatic SR Gaming Headset $99

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Yikes... I just bought the previous model of these... (The one with 4 speakers in each cup) Should I return that one and get this one? o_O[/QUOTE]

Not sure what model your speaking of but this set has 4 speakers in each cup also.

For $100 plus tax, I would send yours back if it cost more than that and would pick up this set. For the price, it's really hard to beat.

Again, it depends on what you paid for.

Anyways, how is the set you have? good quality?

I'm looking at a few gaming headsets right now, but I've never used them so I had some noob questions that hopefully you guys can help me with. TIA.

Currently I have a surround sound speaker system set up connected to the xbox via digital optical cable. I'd like to get a good gaming headphone to use when my wife is sleeping. If I get a setup like this headset, how easy is it to switch back and forth between the speaker system and the headset? Am I going to have to switch cables each time?

Also, these Sharkoon ones aren't wireless are they?

[quote name='SuperSonic128']http://www.amazon.com/Sharkoon-X-Ta..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1319232621&sr=1-2
This was the one I have. I got it on warehouse deals, so I got it for 100 plus 10 bucks shipping.[/QUOTE]

The two headset seem very similar. But I believe the SR's were released at a later date and are more geared to console gamers. If I had to choose between the two I would go with the SR.

The X-Tatac SR is more light weight, earcups are more adjustable& flexable. With the SR you can also get Dolby sound for player 2 by connecting a standard headset with 3.5 mm plugs to the SR Volume Control Unit, or connect your ipod to the Volume Control Box for Dolby sound on your iphone. Plus I think the SR has a music mode and a game mode, I'm guessing and hopeing that makes the music sound better than some headsets.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yuyak']I'm looking at a few gaming headsets right now, but I've never used them so I had some noob questions that hopefully you guys can help me with. TIA.

Currently I have a surround sound speaker system set up connected to the xbox via digital optical cable. I'd like to get a good gaming headphone to use when my wife is sleeping. If I get a setup like this headset, how easy is it to switch back and forth between the speaker system and the headset? Am I going to have to switch cables each time?

Also, these Sharkoon ones aren't wireless are they?[/QUOTE]

Well, the only thing I can figure that you would have to switch between your speaker set up (lucky dog) and this headset is the optical cable to your xbox 360 console.

Oh, and yes they are wired. Which is what people should go for, no interference issues with wireless devices in your house. Which is mostly the reason for me not getting a wireless headset.

[quote name='yuyak']I'm looking at a few gaming headsets right now, but I've never used them so I had some noob questions that hopefully you guys can help me with. TIA.

Currently I have a surround sound speaker system set up connected to the xbox via digital optical cable. I'd like to get a good gaming headphone to use when my wife is sleeping. If I get a setup like this headset, how easy is it to switch back and forth between the speaker system and the headset? Am I going to have to switch cables each time?[/QUOTE]

Get an optical splitter. It is cheap. Then the signal goes to both your speaker system and your headset. You don’t have to switch anything.

Putting a splitter and another cable in the signal path could affect the quality of the signal. The setup works fine with the Astro mixamp but not the AX Pro. So it will depend on the quality of the Sharkoon hardware. The decoder for the previous model looked identical to the one for the AX Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='richulr']Just bought these a few wekks ago.

Does Amazon do any price protection like wal mart?[/QUOTE]
No, they stopped doing that a while ago.

I have this headset. It does not have four speakers in each cup. They are still pretty good headset to have and I use it all the time. The Tritton one with the four speakers is still better, but cost more.

The amp gain, or whatever it is, is nice, but I ended up turning it off. The amp amplifies noise if there is any present.

Overall, it's an excellent headset for that price.

bread's done
Back