Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz Blurays at Best Buy this Tuesday!

Padfeet

CAG Veteran
Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are scheduled for release on blu-ray on Sept 22, But Best Buy has posted in next week's ad that they will be available Tuesday as exclusives.

[quote name='Padfeet']Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are scheduled for release on blu-ray on Sept 22, But Best Buy has posted in next week's ad that they will be available Tuesday as exclusives.[/QUOTE]
Could you please post the ad?

I will buy both of these, but there's no way I'm paying more than $15 for each, $12 would be more reasonable.

Hot Fuzz is decent but Shawn Of The Dead is a classic.

BONUS FEATURES FOR SHAUN OF THE DEAD ON BLU-RAYTM HI-DEF:

• BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to get evenmore content, watch the latest trailers, and more!​
  • MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the movie then share with your BDLive buddies!​
  • U-CONTROLTM: Universal’s exclusive signature feature puts the viewer just one click away from going deeper into the making of the film without ever leaving the movie.​
  • ZOMBIE-O-METER: View Shaun trivia while watching the movie!​
  • TRAILERS: Trailers and TV Spots from the UK​
  • MISSING BITS: Outrageous outtakes and all-new deleted scenes not shown in theaters​
  • RAW MEAT: Never-before-seen casting tapes, Simon Pegg’s video diary, Edgar & Simon’s flip chart, special effects comparison and make-up tests​
  • T.V. BITS: Interview with the band Coldplay​
  • AUDIO COMMENTARY: Uncensored commentary by the cast, including the zombies!​
  • STORY GAPS”: Interviews with the actors on what happened to their characters, fun animated storyboards and voiceover by the talent​
  • ZOMBIE GALLERY: Photo gallery and theatrical poster designs​
from http://www.shootforthehead.com/64-Shaun-of-the-Dead-Bluray-Specs.html

[quote name='InvaderZim']Hot Fuzz is decent but Shawn Of The Dead is a classic.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably one of the few but I enjoyed Hot Fuzz a lot more.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I'm probably one of the few but I enjoyed Hot Fuzz a lot more.[/QUOTE]

I also enjoyed Hot Fuzz more than Shaun, so add me to the ranks of the few!

[quote name='Stingercjc']I also enjoyed Hot Fuzz more than Shaun, so add me to the ranks of the few![/QUOTE]
Me three! The few shall rise up.

They both kicked ass... I have the HD DVDs of both, and usually wait till I can get something for 12 bucks to rebuy it on blu, but I might have to bite early. 20 bones isn't so bad and they WERE both a gift from my girl so I really didn't pay anything for them.

I've always ranked Shaun of the Dead above Hot Fuzz. I felt that Shaun possessed a sublime comedy while Hot Fuzz ever so slightly devolved into the material it meant to spoof. But Hot Fuzz did co-opt the line, "Shit just got real," from Bad Boys II, and that gets my enthusiastic approval!

I prefer Shaun, but I do love Hot Fuzz as well. HF just builds and builds and builds until it explodes - the explosion is amazing, but sometimes it feels like it takes a bit too long to get there.

I have both on HD-DVD as well, will probably wait until they are under $20, perhaps in the 2 for $30 range.

I would love to replace my HD-DVD's of these two, but I am foolishly holding out for a Universal version of the red2blu program.

I know. Dumb bastard.

I was just talking at work about these titles and we both agreed that we liked Hot Fuzz more. Not that Shaun of the Dead was bad in any way, just that Hot Fuzz was a better film throughout.

At 2 for $30, I might pick them up... even though I already have them on HD DVD

[quote name='snipermike']I'm looking at the ad now and it doesnt say anything about 2 for 30$[/QUOTE]

Nobody said the Ad had the price of 2 for $30. People were just saying that they wanted to wait until the $15 range.

Me, I will have to wait until the sub $10 range for both of these movies. Nothing wrong with either one. I am hoping that Black Friday will be sub $10 BD movies galore.

I love both films, but I like Hot Fuzz more. I also have both on HD-DVD, but I'm happy to see them coming to blu ray. I'll probably re-buy when I can get them both somewhere between $20 and $30.

I just don't understand you people who want to buy it on Blu-ray when you already have the HD DVD. It's the same movie in the same quality. It was one thing to pay $5 with Warner's Red2Blu, but $15-$20 is ridiculous.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I just don't understand you people who want to buy it on Blu-ray when you already have the HD DVD. It's the same movie in the same quality. It was one thing to pay $5 with Warner's Red2Blu, but $15-$20 is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

BD LIVE man! All the cool kids are using it now. It's not just for lonely people with too much time to kill. It's totally worth $15-$20!!! ;)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']BD LIVE man! All the cool kids are using it now. It's not just for lonely people with too much time to kill. It's totally worth $15-$20!!! ;)[/QUOTE] I know you're joking, but does anyone actually use that shit, for real? Has there been anything worthwhile on any of the titles that have BD-L yet?

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I just don't understand you people who want to buy it on Blu-ray when you already have the HD DVD. It's the same movie in the same quality. [/QUOTE]
It's not...well not exactly. The picture will be the same, probably. But Hot Fuzz had lots of deep bass pulses that will sound much tighter and punchy with lossless audio.

[quote name='token2k6']Run Fat Boy Run is the best!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='DestroVega']fail[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zenintrude']No, that is complete garbage... enjoy enjoying bad movies.[/QUOTE]

Joke post is joke.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I just don't understand you people who want to buy it on Blu-ray when you already have the HD DVD. It's the same movie in the same quality. It was one thing to pay $5 with Warner's Red2Blu, but $15-$20 is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah like another poster said, not entirely true.

Better Audio for both I assume, and the Hott Fuzz is a copy of the Ultimate Edition DVD and not the HD DVD... so more extra shit.

I would buy the blu of hot fuzz just so I don't need to keep an HD DVD player around just to watch hit fuzz, nevermind buying a "backup" player.

Shaun of the Dead is THE blu-ray I've been waiting for. Probably pick up Hot Fuzz as well, but I didn't think it was nearly as funny (it's been a long time since I've seen it, though).

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']Please allow us to play Judge Judy and excectioner.[/QUOTE]

He's not Judge Judy an executioner!

[quote name='Ronin317']I know you're joking, but does anyone actually use that shit, for real? Has there been anything worthwhile on any of the titles that have BD-L yet?[/QUOTE]

The best use I've seen is with the Neil Young Blu Ray set, where they have added additional songs from the time period that you can download and incorporate into the existing tracklist. They've stated that there are more songs from the time period floating through all the raw material they have, and that there will definitely be more to download in the future. If they hold to that it will be a legitimate good feature. Other than that BD Live has been crappy promotional footage that is a pain to access.

I like Hot Fuzz a bit more than Shaun of the Dead too.

If you are an audio junkie like me you get an DTS-HD MA audio track instead of the DD+ that was on the HD DVD. The movie itself I thought sucked, but the audio was pretty good on the HD DVD with DD+.

bread's done
Back