Shawn Hornbeck played on live while he was kidnapped

[quote name='zewone']This kid was hardly "kidnapped". He had access to Live, the internet and the ability to go outside.[/QUOTE]
:roll: :roll:

And I'm ashamed to live in Missouri, with nobody recognizing him, it's been 4 years, he went outside. Plus the guy who found the truck the Ben Ownby was kidnapped in, thought it wasnt the same truck because it didn't have a ladder in the back.

sounds like the kid ran away and sold drugs for a living. He's only 15 years old and is living in an apartment and playing 360 all the time, some of us wish to be so lucky.

[quote name='zewone']Explain to me what your cute little smilies mean.[/QUOTE]
He was kidnapped 4 years ago.............................

[quote name='mr ryles']sounds like the kid ran away and sold drugs for a living. He's only 15 years old and is living in an apartment and playing 360 all the time, some of us wish to be so lucky.[/quote]

... and quite possibly doing some rather unpleasant deeds.

I'm sure we'll hear more about it in the next few days, but long term kidnap vicitims can develop stockholm syndrome, which would explain a lot of this.

[quote name='anomynous']He was kidnapped 4 years ago.............................[/QUOTE]
And they just recently found him, on the 12th. Since then, he has been able to ride his bike around town and get on Live.

He could have rode his bike to a payphone and called the cops or told someone on Live "I'm kidnapped. Call the police. This is where I'm at."

If this kid really wanted to go home, he could have.

[quote name='zewone']And they just recently found him, on the 12th. Since then, he has been able to ride his bike around town and get on Live.

He could have rode his bike to a payphone and called the cops or told someone on Live "I'm kidnapped. Call the police. This is where I'm at."

If this kid really wanted to go home, he could have.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He rode his bike to hang out with friends. Why didn't he clue anyone in that he was in danger or kidnapped.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Agreed. He rode his bike to hang out with friends. Why didn't he clue anyone in that he was in danger or kidnapped.[/quote]BECAUSE HE'S JUST A CHILD! That's probably the excuse, anyways. I don't know, by the time I was 7, I knew that if any dude tried kidnapping me, to scream as loud and as profanity laced as I could, and to attack the genitals. My mom tought me good.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']BECAUSE HE'S JUST A CHILD! That's probably the excuse, anyways. I don't know, by the time I was 7, I knew that if any dude tried kidnapping me, to scream as loud and as profanity laced as I could, and to attack the genitals. My mom tought me good.[/QUOTE]

For real. Your mom is mad good at attacking genitals. :lol:

let me get this right...... so he had access to XB LIVE, yet he never bothered to voice message or message someone saying he's been kidnapped? Shit man. So I guess video games are MORE important then getting back to your family. Stupid fucker. I really hope there is an investigation and this boy is questioned hard by police then they make him pay for the money they spent trying to find the boy.

I remember chapelle was talking about in one of his bits how this white girl got kidnapped and coulda escaped easily and she made headlines while this black younger girl chewed thru the rope and broke free and made it home on her own with no news coverage.

[quote name='dastly75']I remember chapelle was talking about in one of his bits how this white girl got kidnapped and coulda escaped easily and she made headlines while this black younger girl chewed thru the rope and broke free and made it home on her own with no news coverage.[/quote]

He was talking about Elizabeth Smart, but I have no idea what the other kids name was.

[quote name='dastly75']I remember chapelle was talking about in one of his bits how this white girl got kidnapped and coulda escaped easily and she made headlines while this black younger girl chewed thru the rope and broke free and made it home on her own with no news coverage.[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

this is how fucked up the media is. I bet you if this was a girl instead of a guy, "Shawna" would have gotten all this media coverage from the start as many of us didn't know who the fuck this guy was until the media broke the news that he has been found.

[quote name='ITDEFX']let me get this right...... so he had access to XB LIVE, yet he never bothered to voice message or message someone saying he's been kidnapped? Shit man. So I guess video games are MORE important then getting back to your family. Stupid fucker. I really hope there is an investigation and this boy is questioned hard by police then they make him pay for the money they spent trying to find the boy.[/quote]
The police couldn't have been looking very hard if the kid was able to ride his bike around town and hang out with friends without anybody noticing. Why didn't his friends tell the police?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The police couldn't have been looking very hard if the kid was able to ride his bike around town and hang out with friends without anybody noticing. Why didn't his friends tell the police?[/QUOTE]

bet the ONLY real reason why he came back was because his kidnapper wouldn't get him a Wii, PS3 or 360. I also bet you that either his parents, a local business, a major company or what not is gonna give the bastard one of those gaming systems or an Ipod or hell a new freaking computer with vista on it so he can "catch up" on his lost education.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Strell called, he wants his jokes back.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Either this kid hated his old home life. Or he had Stockholm syndrome. Or his parents are abusive drinkers, and drug heads. That never noticed hew as missing.

I need more details this shit is crazy.

i wonder what he's going to have to do for all those years of lost school education. There is no way he's graduating with the rest of his classmates, SOL and other stupid shit like that won't allow him because he wouldn't meet the requirements.

[quote name='CitizenB']:lol:

Either this kid hated his old home life. [/QUOTE]

That's what I vote for.

And maybe it's just me, but if I was a cop in MO and I saw a kid riding a bike, I wouldn't automatically think...'Hey, that kid might be kidnapped.'

[quote name='6669']The kid was probably brainwashed. He was only 11, right?[/QUOTE]

yep with video games these days, any adult can do that.

His parents (mom and step dad) also set up a site dealing with him. When he was "kidnapped" he went online and posted on that site! i understand how with "kids" that the guy is threating you and shit and after awhile you belive him, but the guy gave him the internet and a bike, and a cell phone. The whole thing feels odd.

[quote name='jakescape53']and the plot thickens......

im curious to how this will turn out[/QUOTE]

bet you he will have a 360, ps3, Wii or new computer by the end of the week!

I never heard of either kid until they were found.

So OBVIOUSLY the authorities weren't doing a good enough job getting the word out that they were missing! ;)

[quote name='zionoverfire']... and quite possibly doing some rather unpleasant deeds.

I'm sure we'll hear more about it in the next few days, but long term kidnap vicitims can develop stockholm syndrome, which would explain a lot of this.[/QUOTE]

Didn't even notice you brought up ol' Stockholm before I did. Good form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Now, the rest of you, forget my post and go back to blaming the victim.

[quote name='mykevermin']Didn't even notice you brought up ol' Stockholm before I did. Good form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Now, the rest of you, forget my post and go back to blaming the victim.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree, this is ridiculous.

How can any of you say what you would do in the same situation? Have any of you been kidnapped for an extended period of time? Do you want to blame Elizabeth Smart for not running away when she had the chance as well? What about battered women who stay with their husbands?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah, I agree, this is ridiculous.

How can any of you say what you would do in the same situation? Have any of you been kidnapped for an extended period of time? Do you want to blame Elizabeth Smart for not running away when she had the chance as well? What about battered women who stay with their husbands?[/QUOTE]
I know all about Stockholm syndrome, but are you going to tell me there isn't stupid people in the world? People like Elizabeth Smart and this kid, it's very sad the shit that happened, but if they wanted to get help, it's not that hard.

Like someone mentioned, even that little black girl who chewed her way through the ropes, she was much younger then them and was actually tied up.

[quote name='zewone']I know all about Stockholm syndrome, but are you going to tell me there isn't stupid people in the world? People like Elizabeth Smart and this kid, it's very sad the shit that happened, but if they wanted to get help, it's not that hard.

Like someone mentioned, even that little black girl who chewed her way through the ropes, she was much younger then them and was actually tied up.[/QUOTE]

The reason they don't try to escape isn't because of stupidity. Its a mental disorder that can develop with extended kidnappings. Suicide isn't a very smart thing to do but most cases of suicide are due to depression (another mental disorder), do you want to call the people who commit suicide stupid as well? How about people who talk to themselves?

I'm not saying there isn't stupid people in the world but what I am saying is that these people refusing to try to escape isn't due to stupidity but rather a mental disorder.

[quote name='zewone']I know all about Stockholm syndrome, but are you going to tell me there isn't stupid people in the world?[/QUOTE]

Well, now I can't argue that. :lol:

I kid, of course.

Edit~ I just read he is 15 now. My dad would have killed me upon return for not being able to escape for 4 years while out riding my bike.

[quote name='mykevermin']go back to blaming the victim.[/QUOTE]

I blamed the parents for not installing some balls on this base model kid.

He was also approached by a police officer one night riding his bike home from a friends, and did not say anything.

bread's done
Back