Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows single disc blu ray + UV digital copy $12.99

This is just the movie? No special features? I'm tempted by the steelbook at bestbuy but this price is just too good

[quote name='Javery']I really liked the first movie... I may have to bite on this.[/QUOTE]

Game of Shadows was MUCH better IMHO. Plus it's Holmes versus his archnemesis Professor Moriarty. I want that steelbook too, but $27 versus $13? Ugh!

Now if only GD amazon would PM Star Wars complete saga and Chronicle!

nice, probs get this
fsuonkfsdf

Thanks OP. WOuld have seen this if you haden't posted this. In for it and Chronicle. Tempted to get Cowboys vs Aliens for $15, but will hold back on it.

They've PM'd the $12.99 Chronicle price, but are just teasing with Star Wars. Seriously, amazon? How many "tell us about a lower price" forms do we need to fill out?

[quote name='nightmare452']Thanks OP. WOuld have seen this if you haden't posted this. In for it and Chronicle. Tempted to get Cowboys vs Aliens for $15, but will hold back on it.[/QUOTE]

How is Cowboys and Aliens? Worth a buy or just a rental?

[quote name='WingsDJY']How is Cowboys and Aliens? Worth a buy or just a rental?[/QUOTE]

Rental unless you just really like the movies of the actors in it. The story isn't all that good.

Ooh, I've been wanting to see this movie. Hate that I missed it in theatres. Ah well, bought.

[quote name='WingsDJY']How is Cowboys and Aliens? Worth a buy or just a rental?[/QUOTE]

I liked it a lot, but it's not for everybody. Red Letter Media did a terrific video review that's worth checking out.
episode_13.jpg

Going to throw in my 2 cents. Sherlock Holmes GOS was a more action type movie than the first. I think that is why I liked both of them because the first was the cunning sleuth always one step ahead of everyone. This one he meets his match so it becomes more about him dealing with the situations on the spot.

I haven't seen Chronicle yet but I hear good things so far. The whole home footage thing is getting tired. After watching Cloverfield for a 3rd time, I just wasn't that impressed with it anymore.

I really wanted to like Cowboys & Aliens. Love Craig as Bond and Ford is always a guaranteed watch but this movie just couldn't pull it off. Marketing campaign was fantastic. Unfortunately this movie wasn't.

[quote name='sobishop']Going to throw in my 2 cents. Sherlock Holmes GOS was a more action type movie than the first. I think that is why I liked both of them because the first was the cunning sleuth always one step ahead of everyone. This one he meets his match so it becomes more about him dealing with the situations on the spot.

I haven't seen Chronicle yet but I hear good things so far. The whole home footage thing is getting tired. After watching Cloverfield for a 3rd time, I just wasn't that impressed with it anymore.

I really wanted to like Cowboys & Aliens. Love Craig as Bond and Ford is always a guaranteed watch but this movie just couldn't pull it off. Marketing campaign was fantastic. Unfortunately this movie wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree with you more regarding CvA. Just watched Chronicle last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Small campy film with great production values, in the same vein as the recently released Cabin in the Woods.

Loved Chronicle but hated Sherlock Holmes... the plot of Sherlock was so ridiculous and had too many holes to ignore. I love and own the first one but can't really bring myself to buy this one.

Ok...I just picked up the single disc BD for $12.99 at Best Buy today. Much to my dismay, it didn't include Korean subtitles as advertised. Well it turns out that the Blu-Ray + DVD combo that's going for $22.99 has all of the extra subtitled languages, whereas the single disc only includes English and Spanish subtitles. =/ Ridiculous.

If you're all wondering why this is a big deal to me, Korean is the first language of my girlfriend and parents. I thought it would be great to watch this with them with Korean subtitles. If anyone's interested, I'd be willing to sell my single disc for $9 new. I haven't even watched the movie, and the movie's obviously new with the shrinkwrap removed. Now to buy the $22.99 version -_-;

If you have time and are willing to cause a ruckus that it's "falsely stated" on the box and willing to go for the multi-sub combo, they might let you exchange + $10 it. CS might just mark it "defective" if they are smart. Surprised Warner Bro dropped the ball.

Hmm...good point. I didn't even think about doing that. Well I just looked at the box for the single disc ver, and it only lists English and Spanish subtitles. Guess I got confused. Either way, it's ridiculous that they wouldn't include the extra subtitles in the single disc ver. I don't think Best Buy would have a problem if I'm trying to throw more money at them, right?

[quote name='eastx']The special features are on the single-disc version too though, aren't they?[/QUOTE]
I believe it has all the features the BD + DVD combo has with the EXCEPTION of the extra subtitle options. Still boggles my mind as to why they decided to do this...

I sat through Ghost Rider SOV last night. Why oh why is it so hard to make a decent movie about this character. Last time I checked, the rider was a tortured soul not a mental patient. Marvel needs to revamp their Marvel Knights division. They have great source material so there shouldn't be any excuse for the shit they are putting out.

Have you tried to return it? I know retailers have rules about returning games/dvd's that have been opened but if you explain your story and buy an upgraded version of the same film they may give it to you. BB have let me exchange a PS3 version of a game for the 360 version even though it was opened.

if this didn't include UV i would bite. Ultra Violet I'm trying to boycott. i know, dumb, but I'm trying not to support it.

The iTunes comes in the Canadian version, but it's not on sale. sigh.

Watched Chronicle on a rental tonight. I liked it to watch one time, but don't see ever watching it again. Will not purchase.

Saw Holmes in the theater and really enjoyed it, but thinking about holding out for the inevitable multi-movie combo box set. Didn't really have any complaints.

[quote name='Rumors']I don't understand the big stink over UV, then again I don't even use digital copies anyway.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Who the hell cares? Yes, everything I read about UV makes it sound terrible, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of a Blu-Ray at all.

[quote name='Rumors']I don't understand the big stink over UV, then again I don't even use digital copies anyway.[/QUOTE]

DCs are useful for kiddie movies. Then the kids can watch it on the iPad during road trips.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Well, sometimes it's nice to be able to pull up a digital version of a movie on a different device instead of having to stream it.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it is, but you still have options for that - iTunes, Zune (now Xbox Movies), Amazon video, etc. Losing out on the ability to enjoy a movie on Blu-Ray over an extra feature shows a lack of love for the film itself IMO.

[quote name='y2kenjination']Ok...I just picked up the single disc BD for $12.99 at Best Buy today. Much to my dismay, it didn't include Korean subtitles as advertised. Well it turns out that the Blu-Ray + DVD combo that's going for $22.99 has all of the extra subtitled languages, whereas the single disc only includes English and Spanish subtitles. =/ Ridiculous.

If you're all wondering why this is a big deal to me, Korean is the first language of my girlfriend and parents. I thought it would be great to watch this with them with Korean subtitles. If anyone's interested, I'd be willing to sell my single disc for $9 new. I haven't even watched the movie, and the movie's obviously new with the shrinkwrap removed. Now to buy the $22.99 version -_-;[/QUOTE]

This is so random

[quote name='y2kenjination']I was able to exchange it today! Thankfully the manager was very understanding. Sorry :([/QUOTE]

no problem, glad things worked out for you!

bread's done
Back