Sherlock Holmes Blu-ray?

No, I don't think so. Its available on BD-Live, not the retailer though. You need to register and buy the movie to participate the event.

Is there any retailer NOT selling Sherlock below $24.99 ??? Being that Blockbuster has their deal with Warner Brothers to hold off on Netflix having ANY Warner title for 4 weeks after the release date, Has Warner brothers decided to jack up the release date msrp sale price ?? I only ask this because both Target and Best buy have Sherlock (blu-ray) at a 25 dollar price. As much as that sucks, I'll wait till that price comes down or buy it used from amazon. :bomb: Seriously this should be a $19.99 blu ray at ANY retailer...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dork74']Is there any retailer NOT selling Sherlock below $24.99 ??? Being that Blockbuster has their deal with Warner Brothers to hold off on Netflix having ANY Warner title for 4 weeks after the release date, Has Warner brothers decided to jack up the release date msrp sale price ?? I only ask this because both Target and Best buy have Sherlock (blu-ray) at a 25 dollar price. As much as that sucks, I'll wait till that price comes down or buy it used from amazon. :bomb: Seriously this should be a $19.99 blu ray at ANY retailer...[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Hell, it should be $17.99 at most from day one, $19.99 for the combo. Ridiculous.

All Blu-ray have the DVD + Digital Copy.

Only Target has the Pitch comic for DVD version, no Blu-ray version.

Live chat with Robert Downey Jr. you have to register for and have Blu-ray and internet connection via BD-Live and your computer.

Haven't seen it for lower than $25.

See here for more details.

IMHO, $25 isn't bad for the :br:, the :dvd: and the digital copy.
The additional material (dvd and dc) may not be in the case when the price drops.

You forgot TRU BOGOHO sale.

PM @ Target, accepts Target coupon + Price Match + Manufacturer coupon at the same time, according to FAQ policy.

$29.99 Toy Story 1 or 2
$12.50 Sherlock Holmes (50% off $24.99)
-$10.00 Toy Story 1 or 2 Coupon
-$5.00 Toy Story 1 or 2 Coupon
-$3.00 Target Coupon
Total: $24.49 or $12.25 each

or

$26.99 New Moon Special Edition Blu-ray
-$16.00 New Moon Coupon
Total: $23.49 or $11.75 each

My favorite deal of the week. :D

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']You forgot TRU BOGOHO sale.

PM @ Target, accepts Target coupon + Price Match + Manufacturer coupon at the same time, according to FAQ policy.

$29.99 Toy Story 1 or 2
-$3.00 Target Coupon

or

-$16.00 New Moon Coupon

My favorite deal of the week. :D[/QUOTE]

Incredipinoy- where can i find this $16 New Moon coupon? Mabuhay!

$29.99 Toy Story 1 or 2
-$3.00 Target Coupon

or

-$16.00 New Moon Coupon

Where you able to pull one of those off yet?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']www.redplum.com. scroll down, select $16 coupon, scroll up, hit print.[/QUOTE]

Much Appreciated! Seems like you have to buy all 4 blurays.. will give it a go with New Moon anyways.

When you print it out, it doesn't state the need to buy all, it just says $16 off and it's got the title names separated by comma. I got it to work on Astro Boy a couple weeks back...it did require a manager override though so it's totally YMMV.

[quote name='Vader582']IMHO, $25 isn't bad for the :br:, the :dvd: and the digital copy.
The additional material (dvd and dc) may not be in the case when the price drops.[/QUOTE]

I have no interest whatsoever in the DVD or the digital copy. If those are jacking up the price, they can keep them, thanks.

$29.99 Toy Story 1 or 2
-$3.00 Target Coupon

or

-$16.00 New Moon Coupon

Nice!

I went with:

$24.99 Sherlock Holmes :br:
$14.xx Connect 4x4
$5.xx Monopoly Deal Game
-$4 Connect 4 coupon
-$5 Monopoly coupon
-$3 Target coupon
Total: $28.xx

Granted not as good as your deal but I already have TS1 & 2 thanks to TRU. ;)

[quote name='arcane93']I have no interest whatsoever in the DVD or the digital copy. If those are jacking up the price, they can keep them, thanks.[/QUOTE]
Eh. To each, his own. :)

[quote name='Vader582']Nice!

I went with:

$24.99 Sherlock Holmes :br:
$14.xx Connect 4x4
$5.xx Monopoly Deal Game
-$4 Connect 4 coupon
-$5 Monopoly coupon
-$3 Target coupon
Total: $28.xx

Granted not as good as your deal but I already have TS1 & 2 thanks to TRU. ;)

Eh. To each, his own. :)[/QUOTE]

Uh...that didn't save you anything on the :br:...but good deal on those Hasbro games. I'm planning on trying that out soon.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Uh...that didn't save you anything on the :br:...but good deal on those Hasbro games. I'm planning on trying that out soon.[/QUOTE]I realize this but I needed 3 items for the coupons to work. :D
As I've stated, to me, $25 seems reasonable for this set. I was hoping for some coupons sure but alas...

I think the $25 for the 3 formats is a great price also, it made me HEAVILY debate buying it since I'm on the fence about blu ray right now and I can't find an easy way to rip the dvds I own so the digital copy would be a plus!

It is a solid price but they should have offered a bare bones edition for those who don't care about the :dvd:/DC like the movie 2012 did.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It is a solid price but they should have offered a bare bones edition for those who don't care about the :dvd:/DC like the movie 2012 did.[/QUOTE]This is true. I'm surprised they did this with 2012 and not Sherlock. Sherlock seemed to me fairly family friendly (ala DVD in the car).

Warner is going to keep the price high and milk it because there is no cheap alternative to either paying for a full price rental - it won't be available on netflix or redbox for 28 days.

I'm just going to hold off until it goes on sale, which it will probably do the week that the discount rental becomes available. This sort of nonsense is just going to push more people toward piracy.

Some people on the Blu-Ray.com forums are reporting finding this movie at $17-19.99 @ Wal-Mart...YMMV of course.

EDIT: Called 3 Wal-Marts...1 out 3 has it for $19.96...same goes for Alvin & The Chipmunks 2. I'm going to try to see if I can get them to PM TRU's B1G150%OFF.

You guys that don't want to pay a couple of dollars extra for the DVD and DC are crazy. Those things have value, so sell them. I don't want that stuff either, but people pay a decent amount for new release DVDs and DCs, so they really help cut the cost of buying movies by quite a bit.

[quote name='ackbar7']You guys that don't want to pay a couple of dollars extra for the DVD and DC are crazy. Those things have value, so sell them. I don't want that stuff either, but people pay a decent amount for new release DVDs and DCs, so they really help cut the cost of buying movies by quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, too much effort for too little return. I'd rather that they knock a few bucks off the price and just give me the blu-ray by itself, than have to pay more for all of those extras I don't want and then try to make up that difference by selling them. Even if I come out a little further ahead, it's not going to be by much, and I have better things to do.

I bought Snow White :br: and Sherlock Holmes :br: today at TRU with their Buy 1 Get 1 50% off on DVDs and Blu-Rays. Got Snow White for $29.99 and SH for $14.99. Went to a different TRU and returned Snow White for a full refund of my $29.99, making SH $14.99. Best way I could find to get any type of discount on this movie this week.

To me, spending $20 (let alone 25) for a movie is not "a good price" or "a good deal". I come to these forums to get low prices. They shouldn't be selling these things for more than 15 bucks IMO. It isn't that much more expensive to produce than DVD. We all know that if we just wait until Black Friday this movie's going to be like 9.99 at Best Buy anyway.

[quote name='SuperJedi']WARNING NO BD live with rental at BlockBuster![/QUOTE]Yeah, I've been getting the stripped-down :br:s from Netflix lately as well.

[quote name='typical guy']To me, spending $20 (let alone 25) for a movie is not "a good price" or "a good deal". I come to these forums to get low prices. They shouldn't be selling these things for more than 15 bucks IMO. It isn't that much more expensive to produce than DVD. We all know that if we just wait until Black Friday this movie's going to be like 9.99 at Best Buy anyway.[/QUOTE]

What is or is not "a good price" or a "good deal" is going to be almost completely relative from one person to the next. You don't think that $20 a good price for a movie, and for the most part I agree with you (there are some exceptions for me, but this isn't one of them), but clearly there are some people who consider it worthwhile.

Regardless, we don't create the pricing here, we only report on it and help each other find the best deals we can. If you're not interested, just move on. Telling us that you don't think it's a good deal isn't really useful to anybody, unless you've got an actual better one to share.

Also, not everyone wants to wait until Black Friday for everything, given that it's still almost eight months away.

As far as blu-ray vs. DVD prices go, this is unfortunately what usually happens with new media formats. The same thing happened when records gave way to CDs -- new release records were around $8, while the same titles on CD were around $14, even though CDs were actually cheaper to produce. Unfortunately, at least until the bottom dropped out on the music market, the price of records crept upward to meet the price of CDs, rather than the other way around. The same thing is probably going to happen with the movie market.

I was shot down at Target and Wal-Mart trying to use the $16 off, was told I needed to buy all four movies for it to work. I have seen a few people on SD who have had good luck with it.

It starts at 9 PM eastern, approximately 5 minutes from now. Also, for other PS3 users, I left on multi output for audio, in case people go to bed and I have to turn off my stereo system and just use TV speakers, but it seems like the regular bluray audio is going through the stereo, but the live audio chat feed is only going through my TV speakers. Just something to know for other PS3 users if you are seeing the text feed, but hearing no audio.

BTW, this is with the most recent firmware installed.

EDIT: Update, it looks like the audio feed is having some serious lag issues, so they just paused the film to try to correct them. Maybe that is the reason I thought my PS3's audio setup was strange from the beginning. So if you do enter the chat, make sure you have the text feed turned on at least.

[quote name='DeskLaser']It should still be going on. It has been paused for about the last 15 minutes. It actually JUST started back up again.[/QUOTE]
Well that stinks. Something is def. wrong. It only shows me, the mod and Downey as the attendees. I know that's not right.:lol:
EDIT: Weird...just as I was about to turn it off. I get audio, only audio...:lol:

bread's done
Back