Shigeru Miyamoto to "Semi Retire"

Can't be really sure how closely he was involved with all the latest projects, but it looks like he's still going to influence some more games to come.

As much as I loathed some (maybe all) of his creations in the past few years and even questioned his genius, this is a sad day for gaming. This man is responsible for my love for gaming.

This is absolutely fucking fantastic news and I have been waiting on it for a looooooong time. Nintendo had grown too dependent on Miyamoto watching over everything all the time to make sure things were as they should be. It is great that the company is finally weaning away from this.

Now other designers can come into the spotlight and let their presence be felt at Nintendo allowing their projects to flourish. At the same time Miyamoto will be able to generate new IP and work on awesome projects for the next 10 years. Win win.

This man is a legend. Although lately my loyalty as moved to my ps3 I still have something for Nintendo
Some of my favorites are from them and hopefully this means not only do we get something new from Miyamoto but also from Nintendo

reading this i thought, "boy he must be getting old right?", but he's only 59 ... i mean in the US he would still be like 6-10 years from retirement age, so he definitely still has a lot of work left in him

[quote name='crazed llama']reading this i thought, "boy he must be getting old right?", but he's only 59 ... i mean in the US he would still be like 6-10 years from retirement age, so he definitely still has a lot of work left in him[/QUOTE]
Let the fucking man rest. He's only carried a company on his back these past 28 years

Sad to see him go. But Nintendo needs some fresh blood. They haven't had a new IP that interested me in quite a while. And while I still enjoy their franchise games (the new Zelda was pretty damn good), they have gotten a bit stale and more or less feel like the same game I've been playing variations of for pretty much my whole life.

bread's done
Back