Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne $39.99 Used

ihavenolife123

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Over at the gamestop/ebgames website used. This was just discovered in the Play-asia thread, so i believe it deserves a separate one.

So for anyone that didnt take the plunge, and got tired of waiting on amazon, heres the next best thing...I suppose.

Tip: Search for a nearby store for further inspection of the items.

Dont forget to use the coupons
CAG16
SAVER
Your Edge Card code

to get up to 25% off ($30.23 + tax) with free shipping (but not free handling :whistle2:( )

apparently theres something weird with the math, and it doesn't add up...

Got mine today. Perfect condition. I would recommend getting from GS, if you don't hate them, if you intend on playing the game. With the online coupons at GS.com, it is the cheapest way to get the game. The shipping was pretty fast as well.

[quote name='snaxor']Got mine today. Perfect condition. I would recommend getting from GS, if you don't hate them, if you intend on playing the game. With the online coupons at GS.com, it is the cheapest way to get the game. The shipping was pretty fast as well.[/QUOTE]

You got lucky, everyone knows this about GS.

amazon has the game NEW/Sealed for $39. gs is robbing people and they like it

[quote name='expane']You got lucky, everyone knows this about GS.

amazon has the game NEW/Sealed for $39. gs is robbing people and they like it[/quote]If you think having the wrapping on the game is worth $7, then yes, Amazon is a good deal.

[quote name='expane']You got lucky, everyone knows this about GS.

amazon has the game NEW/Sealed for $39. gs is robbing people and they like it[/quote]

I was only recommending GS for this game. Most people here (including me) were hesitant to buy from GS.com since the condition is unknown. As several people in this thread have confirmed the game is basically new. They just unwrapped it.

Amazon doesn't have it in stock and it is ~$7 dollars cheaper with the coupons at GS. I don't see how GS is robbing people if they are offering the cheapest price for a basically new game. They are not even robbing Altus. They had to buy the games from the distributer just as Amazon or Play Asia did.

If you intended on playing the game, then the only difference will be the price after you open it.

Some people are not willing to buy from GS because they don't just open the game for you, they could destroy it for you by gutting it and the cover art along with it.

For me, this game would be staying in my collection so I would really mind getting a messed up copy for a few bucks cheaper.

[quote name='eau']Some people are not willing to buy from GS because they don't just open the game for you, they could destroy it for you by gutting it and the cover art along with it.

For me, this game would be staying in my collection so I would really mind getting a messed up copy for a few bucks cheaper.[/quote]

this is exactly what they did with my shipment of DDS.. :bomb:

[quote name='Vinny']I'd go with Amazon.. GS doesn't seem to know how to be careful (different game but..).
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4286338&postcount=323[/quote]

i bought a copy on gamestop.com too. i'm curious is it possible that since everyone is getting flawless copies of Nocturne from gamestop.com, that these copies that gamestop.com have are the second printing ones. It would make perfect sense.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Or it could mean that its on an employee's hold shelf and they are keeping it from customers. For example:

I called a gamestop that is 50 miles away from where I live for DDS1 that shows they got one from online store locator (it was not there the other day online). He checked the computer and said yeah it shows they have a copy in stock so I asked what condition it's in. He said sure let me check *in background I hear a drawer open and then quickly closed* (this must be the store's employee hold section) and next thing I know he said sorry we dont have any and simply hanged up on me....

I actually filed a complaint about this today as it was rude for the employee to hang up on me immediately and also hadnt I asked for them to check the condition they were gonna have me drive 50 miles (100 miles total of wasted expensive gas round trip) to simply refuse me in the end.[/QUOTE]

Ha, i had the same experience too. I checked the store locator on gamestop.com and found out that the store near me had a copy of Nocturne. I went to the store and asked the clerk if they had a copy and they said yeah and i noticed they went to a hidden drawer behind the counter and showed me the copy of nocturne. The guy was cool about it to sell it to me since he already had one. The funny thing is, he didn't know the price drop so he gave it to me thinking i was going buy it for 60 dollars. i understand why he hid it because like 5 years ago when i worked at Game Crazy. i had tons of rare shit behind the counter just for me. Dragon Force, Shining Force 3, Snatcher and Castlevania SOTN MIB just to name of few.

Jesus this game's fun. I've been plowing through it since i got it a few days ago. Started up a Cycle 2 game to avoid the hassle of grinding and level caps on who i can fuse. Saved all my cash for the entire first half of the game to call up Beelzebub, which has kept it fun but eliminated frustrating random battles every two steps by just wiping them out with the his flies every turn :)

[quote name='TahoeMax']Started up a Cycle 2 game to avoid the hassle of grinding and level caps on who i can fuse. [/quote]

You just skipped 80% of the best part of the game. :applause:

[quote name='placebo1']You just skipped 80% of the best part of the game. :applause:[/quote]

Yeah, but I've been there and done that. I didn't feel like grinding for 3 hours just to beat Matador, and let's not even talk about the Riders

bread's done
Back