Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne $44.99 at Play-Asia

[quote name='bigl523']Mine shipped too, I also got their newsletter which states there are limited quantities to be had. They also have brand new copies of Disgaea 1 for the ps2 if anyone hasn't gotten that yet.

"An answer to the prayers of all old school RPG gamers! Play-Asia.com has been able to track down limited quantities of two tremendously popular and highly in demand PlayStation2™ games from Atlus.

The first one is an old school RPG Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne in which after witnessing the end of the world, the hero is transformed into a demon to survive the apocalyptic Tokyo in order to discover the truth behind the catastrophe and the whereabouts of his teacher and friends.

As opposed to the previous installments in the Shin Megami Tensei series, although the hero maintains a human heart, he is essentially a demon. Instead of using items and weapons designed for humans, the hero learns skills by earning megatama and persuading other like-minded demons to join forces with him to survive.

To make the game even more appealing, the coolest devil hunter, Capcom's Dante from Devil May Cry makes an appearance and is coming after the hero's life! Although he is your strongest foe, depending on how you play your game, he is your strongest ally as well.
[/QUOTE]

Well, dang it. That settles it.

I just caved and placed my order on their site.

So this basically GUARENTEES Amazon will have it for 30 bucks later today....

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']So this basically GUARENTEES Amazon will have it for 30 bucks later today....[/QUOTE]
Haha, oh well ^_^;

My order's shipped as well; looking forward to getting it :bouncy:

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Well, dang it. That settles it.

I just caved and placed my order on their site.

So this basically GUARENTEES Amazon will have it for 30 bucks later today....[/quote]

I don't think this guarantee's anything...only time will tell.

[quote name='bigl523']I don't think this guarantee's anything...only time will tell.[/quote]

you missed the joke.

.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #31333b; background-image: none; color: #f7f7f7; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 9pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

[quote name='bigl523']I don't think this guarantee's anything...only time will tell.[/QUOTE]

The way my luck goes it sure wouldn't surprise me.

I'm the KING of buying stuff only to have it come out on sale dramatically cheaper soon thereafter. I have legions of subjects and everything.

[quote name='bigl523']I don't think this guarantee's anything...only time will tell.[/quote]

i thought the same..

and if amazon does carry it, it wouldnt be for $30, probably $40..

lets all hope im wrong :D

I got my copy from the Amazon/ebay seller today. Of course, I bought my copy before finding out that there was a reprint and that Play-Asia has them in stock.

Oh well...so I paid $20 more, but at least now I have a sealed copy of the game.

I paid for it on the 14th on playasia, and today the money finally came out of my bank, but it still hasn't shipped. wtf is up with this? (i have never ordered from playasia before)

Well I ordered it on the 19th and they only charge you once it ships so I would assume your copy has shipped, did you check your email or the "my emails" section on play-asia? I've ordered from them 2 or 3 times and haven't had any issues so far. They are definitely reputable and the best way to get your import on.

[quote name='bigl523']Well I ordered it on the 19th and they only charge you once it ships so I would assume your copy has shipped, did you check your email or the "my emails" section on play-asia? I've ordered from them 2 or 3 times and haven't had any issues so far. They are definitely reputable and the best way to get your import on.[/quote]

For cards that function as credit/debit cards (or mine at least) I can attest to the fact that at least in some situations the payment is pending from essentially the moment you place the order. Which in all practical terms means that Elvis has left the building

This is my first purchase from play-asia and any of you know how long it usually takes to arrive after they ship?

[quote name='laaj']This is my first purchase from play-asia and any of you know how long it usually takes to arrive after they ship?[/QUOTE]

Ill tell you when mine arrives

Just ordered mine...hope there isnt a problem along the ways...

Has anyone been hit with any tax and duty fees in the US? Whats the details on that?

[quote name='laaj']This is my first purchase from play-asia and any of you know how long it usually takes to arrive after they ship?[/QUOTE]
Here's Play-Asia's page on shipping times: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-helpshippingoptions-49-en.html

I typically get airmail packages from them in about 1-2 weeks.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Has anyone been hit with any tax and duty fees in the US?[/QUOTE]
Don't know about anyone else, but I never have.

[quote name='monkeydeew']39.99 at gs/eb woooo[/QUOTE]

WTF?

This is totally gonna mess up everyone on ebay now.

It seems getting this game for over $45 now seems like a complete clusterfuck of a purchase.
I honestly dont know what to believe anymore.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']WTF?

This is totally gonna mess up everyone on ebay now.

It seems getting this game for over $45 now seems like a complete clusterfuck of a purchase.
I honestly dont know what to believe anymore.[/quote]

believe you are going to score a copy + soundtrack for 40 (if you are patient enough)

Alright, finally bit at GS for $32.57 shipped, all Edge credit (with 55 cents left over). If it shows up incomplete or Amazon gets it new for $30, I'll just return it.

[quote name='monkeydeew']believe you are going to score a copy + soundtrack for 40 (if you are patient enough)[/QUOTE]

Would it be ok to say that everyone who just purchased it from play-asia pretty much lost hardcore?

Damn, that sucks for those of you who ordered from P-A. You guys could've gotten a mint/used copy for under $40 w/ EDGE or possibly less if they sent out another 25% off PS2 games. If you want to keep a sealed copy (which is rather pointless now) then that's another story.

But that's the business with reprints... you just never know.:whistle2:|

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, that sucks for those of you who ordered from P-A. You guys could've gotten a mint/used copy for under $40 w/ EDGE or possibly less if they sent out another 25% off PS2 games. If you want to keep a sealed copy (which is rather pointless now) then that's another story.

But that's the business with reprints... you just never know.:whistle2:|[/quote]

for me though I'm happy about my purchase at P-A. Looking at facts...a few weeks ago we would be paying 150 dollars for a used complete copy on ebay. Now for 45 bucks we get a sealed copy. This is really a godsend for me. Plus it's not known yet if gamestop is just opening their new copies and selling them used. They could be shipping chitty scratched up disk only copies *shrugs*

For 5 bucks more your guaranteed a new fresh copy and thats worth it for me.

ps. If atlus doesnt do a reprint of DDS1 deluxe then I will kill my cat!!!!...yes I said it......eventhough I dont have a cat so i'll just imagine one up :lol:

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, that sucks for those of you who ordered from P-A. You guys could've gotten a mint/used copy for under $40 w/ EDGE or possibly less if they sent out another 25% off PS2 games. If you want to keep a sealed copy (which is rather pointless now) then that's another story.

But that's the business with reprints... you just never know.:whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

The only possible way to consider it not such a big loss is the following:

Play-asia:
Sealed copy = $50

Ebstop:
Must use cag16, saver, and edge card = $32
(some cags dont have an edge card, me included, so ~$35)
could come incomplete, specifically the soundtrack
In the case of an incomplete copy, atlus no longer has the cool to deliver them to your door.

So really, the ebstoppers run the biggest risk, but reap the biggest reward...isnt that like a rule in life or something?

btw, discussion on the ebstop can continue here
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180612

Eh, damn. The only copies in the area are in the ghetto and I'm not bulletproof like 50 cent.

I still scored back in January with an almost-complete copy sans soundtrack for just over $40 with the 25% + 10% off coupons. I did contemplate about purchasing a sealed copy but I shot that down.

Oh, and Happy Earth Day everyone! And Happy Release Day to some other SMT title called Persona 3: FES. Let's see how this release affects values of sealed copies of Persona 3 with extras. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Caliburn']Eh, damn. The only copies in the area are in the ghetto and I'm not bulletproof like 50 cent.

I still scored back in January with an almost-complete copy sans soundtrack for just over $40 with the 25% + 10% off coupons. I did contemplate about purchasing a sealed copy but I shot that down.

Oh, and Happy Earth Day everyone! And Happy Release Day to some other SMT title called Persona 3: FES. Let's see how this release affects values of sealed copies of Persona 3 with extras. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Thats what i would like to know, unless sears is ready to hand me back $106 back to me

But that's the business with reprints... you just never know.:whistle2:|[/quote]

nah, it doesnt suck so much,
what he said
|
V

[quote name='kosmos13x']for me though I'm happy about my purchase at P-A. Looking at facts...a few weeks ago we would be paying 150 dollars for a used complete copy on ebay. Now for 45 bucks we get a sealed copy. This is really a godsend for me. Plus it's not known yet if gamestop is just opening their new copies and selling them used. They could be shipping chitty scratched up disk only copies *shrugs*

ps. If atlus doesnt do a reprint of DDS1 deluxe then I will kill my cat!!!!...yes I said it......eventhough I dont have a cat so i'll just imagine one up :lol:[/quote]

and what the other guy said too about risk vs rewards.
sealed vs incomplete, etc blah blah blah

and like i said earlier, i can sacrifice a few double cheeseburgers

[quote name='kosmos13x']for me though I'm happy about my purchase at P-A. Looking at facts...a few weeks ago we would be paying 150 dollars for a used complete copy on ebay. Now for 45 bucks we get a sealed copy. This is really a godsend for me. Plus it's not known yet if gamestop is just opening their new copies and selling them used. They could be shipping chitty scratched up disk only copies *shrugs*

ps. If atlus doesnt do a reprint of DDS1 deluxe then I will kill my cat!!!!...yes I said it......eventhough I dont have a cat so i'll just imagine one up :lol:[/quote]
Poor imaginary cat. off topic but DDS1 is in stock used at gs for $39.99. ordered two and hopefully will get a complete or make a complete copy. If not then they'll go back to gs.

[quote name='lockey']Poor imaginary cat. off topic but DDS1 is in stock used at gs for $39.99. ordered two and hopefully will get a complete or make a complete copy. If not then they'll go back to gs.[/quote]

I'm gonna make that imaginary cat my biatch.

Seriously though, I might bite on the used copies of DDS1 at gamestop. Like its been said, I can just return it if not happy.

[quote name='Caliburn']Eh, damn. The only copies in the area are in the ghetto and I'm not bulletproof like 50 cent.

Oh, and Happy Earth Day everyone! And Happy Release Day to some other SMT title called Persona 3: FES. Let's see how this release affects values of sealed copies of Persona 3 with extras. :whistle2:k[/quote]

Guess that means my sealed copy of Persona 3 is gonna go down. Oh well I dont plan on selling it anytime soon anyway.

I don't think I was screwed since I hate giving money to gamestop.
I want a sealed copy, and not the possibility of a shitty disc only copy.

[quote name='InuFaye']I don't think I was screwed since I hate giving money to gamestop.
I want a sealed copy, and not the possibility of a shitty disc only copy.[/quote]

I'm fine paying $13 more for a game that was $100 sealed 3 weeks ago, and the fact that I'd rather give my money to a site like Play-Asia then Gamestop.

[quote name='Strife025']I'm fine paying $13 more for a game that was $100 sealed 3 weeks ago, and the fact that I'd rather give my money to a site like Play-Asia then Gamestop.[/quote]

I feel the same. It was well worth the extra $16 or so for a brand new company from an awesome retailer.

[quote name='Strife025']I'm fine paying $13 more for a game that was $100 sealed 3 weeks ago, and the fact that I'd rather give my money to a site like Play-Asia then Gamestop.[/quote]

that extra money that went to playasia is worth the trouble of possibly getting a disc only/incomplete copy, the hassle of going back to a gamestop to return the shatty copy they sent, and the satisfaction of not giving our moneys to those bastards :

Personally, I would've taken the extra 16 dollars, but I love how you're all trying to rationalize it, lol. I also purchased the game from Playasia, so I'm in the same boat. I can't complain though, since I finally get to play this game for a reasonable price.

[quote name='lockey']Poor imaginary cat. off topic but DDS1 is in stock used at gs for $39.99. ordered two and hopefully will get a complete or make a complete copy. If not then they'll go back to gs.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if Atlus reprinted that one too?

I don't remember DDS 1 being in stock before, and it shows up the same day Nocturne gets a price drop.

[quote name='Paris_Hilton_Groupie']Personally, I would've taken the extra 16 dollars, but I love how you're all trying to rationalize it, lol. I also purchased the game from Playasia, so I'm in the same boat. I can't complain though, since I finally get to play this game for a reasonable price.[/quote]

i wuda taken the $16 too, but its already after the fact so :3

[quote name='InuFaye']I am not rationalizing since I think Play-Asia is a much better company then gamestop.[/quote]

yes, i couldnt agree more

[quote name='Foolman']You're a joke.[/quote]

lolz

Does anyone else think its weird that ATLUS isnt offering these reprints on their own site? I mean they always have in the past.

[quote name='Oswald9599']Does anyone else think its weird that ATLUS isnt offering these reprints on their own site? I mean they always have in the past.[/QUOTE]

Probably reinforces the idea that extra boxes of the game were found in a warehouse or something.

Mine shipped today... WoooHooo.

couldn't wait any longer even with a backlog.

I will not pay $100.00 for this once it is gone again. but play-asia has my phone number wrong on the invoice, i hope there won't be a problem :pray:

bread's done
Back