Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne Guide $7.99 AC with HB20 coupon at EB

I'm curious as to whether it's dropped to this price in-store yet. I know my local EB has one, but I don't trust the guy that's always working there to actually scan the damn thing if I call asking about it.

[quote name='The_Continental']What are the chances that you can still find this at Gamestop B&M?[/quote]

probably not very good. I just called the 2 closest gamestops to me and neither of them had it.

It's always been my experience that EB's B&M operations have similar prices to the website - but I'm not sure if that's always true 100% of the time.

I want to swing by Gamestop to see if I can snatch this up for $7.99, although I'm fairly certain that I've never seen it in a Gamestop.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']I'm curious as to whether it's dropped to this price in-store yet. I know my local EB has one, but I don't trust the guy that's always working there to actually scan the damn thing if I call asking about it.[/quote]

With the HB20 code, it knocks it down to $7.99, which evens out value shipping at $1.99, so it works back up to $9.99.

Problem with ordering it and having them ship it is that I'm afraid that they'll jam it in my mailbox like every other guide I get in the mail. :(

[quote name='shrike4242']With the HB20 code, it knocks it down to $7.99, which evens out value shipping at $1.99, so it works back up to $9.99.

Problem with ordering it and having them ship it is that I'm afraid that they'll jam it in my mailbox like every other guide I get in the mail. :([/quote]

Well it's not as tall or as wide as most guides, it's much more like a novel in shape and thickness, so depending on the size of said package and mailbox box it may actually fit.

Too true - free bent pages and torn covers if you order from EB!

[quote name='shrike4242']With the HB20 code, it knocks it down to $7.99, which evens out value shipping at $1.99, so it works back up to $9.99.

Problem with ordering it and having them ship it is that I'm afraid that they'll jam it in my mailbox like every other guide I get in the mail. :([/quote]

[quote name='The_Continental']It's always been my experience that EB's B&M operations have similar prices to the website - but I'm not sure if that's always true 100% of the time.[/quote]

It's actually rarely ever true.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='shrike4242']With the HB20 code, it knocks it down to $7.99, which evens out value shipping at $1.99, so it works back up to $9.99.

Well it's not as tall or as wide as most guides, it's much more like a novel in shape and thickness, so depending on the size of said package and mailbox box it may actually fit.[/quote]

We'll have to see what happens with this one. If the mess up the packaging, I'm OK with that, the guide is another matter.

And if it does get messed up, I'll do what I did the last time, take it back to a local, have the store rep mutter something about "you should have come into the store" and exchange it.

Shrike is right too it does work out to $10, so you could alter the title to say "$10 shipped" if you want, it's up to you though Continental.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Shrike is right too it does work out to $10, so you could alter the title to say "$10 shipped" if you want, it's up to you though Continental.[/quote]

Here's my order, using the HB20 coupon:

SKU Qty Unit Price Total Platform Name
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
245627 1 $9.99 $9.99 HB Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne Strategy Guide
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $9.99

Total Discount: -$2.00
Shipping: $1.99
Tax: $0.67
-------------
Total: $10.65

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Oh yeah, crap I forgot about tax. Damn math, nevermind then....[/quote]

I'd still put it up as "$7.99 AC with HB20 coupon" in the title, so that way people don't dig through the posts to find the coupon info.

Thanks from my also. Now I am actually glad back then when I bought this game and the guy told me they dont have anymore guide :p

Just a reminder:

If you get the guide shipped to you and there's a problem with it in shipment, you should be able to exchange it in-store.

Great Deal I bought one last week from game express for $21 total. Eb didn't have it. It's a very well written guide with numerous guides and charts and stuff.

[quote name='lordopus99']confirmation: the guide is 9.99 B&M. I am getting mine when I go into work tonight :) Thanks for the heads up Continental.[/quote]

Kickass! Thanks for the post, lordopus99...I'll be hitting up my EB tonight as well. :D

I called the Governor's Square store and they said that they were outta stock - Do you know how many there are at your store?

[quote name='lordopus99']confirmation: the guide is 9.99 B&M. I am getting mine when I go into work tonight :) Thanks for the heads up Continental.[/quote]

With the 20% off coupon, I would've paid the same for it B&M, and the B&M store I went to didn't have it.

[quote name='The_Continental']I called the Governor's Square store and they said that they were outta stock - Do you know how many there are at your store?

[quote name='lordopus99']confirmation: the guide is 9.99 B&M. I am getting mine when I go into work tonight :) Thanks for the heads up Continental.[/quote][/quote]

[quote name='shrike4242']Just a reminder:If you get the guide shipped to you and there's a problem with it in shipment, you should be able to exchange it in-store.[/quote]
If any have it. I called pretty much every game store I could think of here in NE Ohio about two weeks after the games release and no one had it. I managed to get it thanks to CAG from EB online when the hint book coupon codes stacked for $13 something. They put it in a big leathery feeling envelope that looked like it had asbestos for padding. My book was rather beat up because the envelope got tons of holes in it. I'm imagining it's because the book is so heavy it just punched them through when getting slammed around by the postal guys. They had still no copies to exchange at the local B&Ms when I got it. It seems, from the link, a few stores have it now though. How long does EB allow exchanges for? :D It is a great guide though, would have been well worth the $20 MSRP.

I picked up this guide in-store this evening for the $9.99 price, so I can confirm once again that it's on at B&M stores if you can find it.

I also grabbed a brand new copy of Demikids Dark for $14.99, which was an awesome find. :D

Dammit!

I paid $20 for my guide :x

Oh well.... this is a great deal and kudos to those who had the patience to wait for it or the luck for the timing to be right.

Awesome game and the strategy guide is VERY helpful.

bread's done
Back