Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne: Reprint Coming? (Wherehouse.com shows "Coming Soon!")

Nemo_Hyde

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Wherehouse.com is reporting that new copies are "coming soon"

Is this another Atlus Rare game coming back as a reprint?

http://www.wherehouse.com/games/product-detail.jsp?id=2483258

Sorry if this is old news, or just wrong... but as a lot of people were shocked and stung by the Disgaea reprint I thought better to speak now and risk the minor annoyance than keep quiet and let a fellow cag blow $70 for a used copy weeks before this shows up all over new for $49.

Also: DDR Mario Mix shows as an incoming title: http://www.wherehouse.com/games/product-detail.jsp?id=2556512 There was talk that this might have been reprinted ro some distributor had made copies available again.

not sure how reliable wherehouse.com is for this kind of thing-- but it would certainly be in line with what Atlus has done in the past.

I wonder if this means there'll be reprints for the other Persona games or DDS?

edit: Is something wrong with the Atlus store? I haven't been able to get into it the past few times I've tried over the past few weeks. it seems to always be down for maintenance.

FWIW, DDS comes up as "Temporarily Out of Stock"

So Nocturne does have something different as far as pending status...

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']FWIW, DDS comes up as "Temporarily Out of Stock"

So Nocturne does have something different as far as pending status...[/QUOTE]

Temporarily OOS and Coming Soon are basically the same thing. I think they just aren't on top of it.

[quote name='Supreme']It's been "Coming Soon" on the site for a very long time.[/quote]

Ah, thanks. Maybe it is a false alarm. Not that we got much warning with Disgaea, other than a freak offering from the Atlus store before the reprints showed up everywhere.

Thanks Supreme.

I'm hoping for this and DDS. Even if they do them with new extra-ugly cases to keep collectors happy.

And, the more money Atlus brings in with these the more games they'll bring over to the US.

[quote name='Supreme']Yeah, no problem. I had my hopes up for it as well when I first saw it sometime last summer. =/[/quote]

Updated the title to reflect the source of my info, for those of you who already knew about wherehouse.com's status.

I still have my copy sealed. When I open it I want to know I'll actually have the time to play it. I just haven't had much patience for RPGs lately.

uh oh. i still have the first print sealed (w/ cd) along with the guide. Still got the other sealed shin megami series. UH OH HOTDOG!

Using a site as mediocre as wherehouse for a source doesnt make much sense imo,especially when other more know sites have not reported anything like this.In any case,good luck to those who need a copy,it is a great rpg

[quote name='Apossum']not sure how reliable wherehouse.com is for this kind of thing-- but it would certainly be in line with what Atlus has done in the past.

I wonder if this means there'll be reprints for the other Persona games or DDS?

edit: Is something wrong with the Atlus store? I haven't been able to get into it the past few times I've tried over the past few weeks. it seems to always be down for maintenance.[/quote]

Yeah it's been like that for awhile on the atlus forums on the Official Atlus Announcements there's a thread with the thread title We're moving!

"In the upcoming weeks, we're revamping the site and moving our forums to a new, more efficient server."

Hopefully that's why the stores not up so I can't wait to see what they do to the site and stuff.

Also it'd be nice to see a reprint of SMT:nocturne and DDS 1 & 2.

I already own SMT:N got it free from my brother he played it and got tired of it so I asked if I could play it and he just said I could have it also this was my first game I played of this series and it got me hooked. :D

I dont really see them reprinting this. I bought mine off ebay with soundtrack and doublejump guide for $41. You can find good deals if you look.

I hope there's a reprint... but not to the extent of Disgaea 1. It should be a requirement that every ps2 owner spends 50$ on this game... to support Atlus and because it's pretty awesome.

[quote name='refusedchaos']i dont think we need this to get reprinted...it wouldnt be rare if everyone just bought one when it came out[/quote]

Actually they did, it's been reprinted a number of times already, eventually Atlus will finally oversaturate the market and the price will nosedive like disgaea.

[quote name='refusedchaos']i dont think we need this to get reprinted...it wouldnt be rare if everyone just bought one when it came out[/quote]

rare = demand = $$$ for future ports or re-prints. just take a look at disgea, still holds a very strong following after its release a few years ago. thats what the game studios wants so they can make more money. this game will probably get a reprint in a year or two..

I'd love a re-print because then i wouldnt be tempted to sell my copy w/ guide and soundtrack when I see ebay auctions selling for over $100.

Nocturne is probably one of a handful of games i'd never sell. GREAT Rpg.

you guys also noticed that the atlus store has been down for awhile now? says for maintenance..im glad i was able to get Disgea there (reprint) and got a free Nocturne ost!

i wish they would reprint the guide. I need another 'cause I sold mine when they were hitting $60 on ebay.

[quote name='heybtbm']There is no reprint. Close the topic.[/quote]

How do you know? That was the opinion about Disgaea and then a reprint showed up. Maybe Atlus is taking a long time with moving it's store because they're planning a steam of reprints (hopeless speculation but it would make me happy in the very slim chance it did happen). You're right this thread should be closed because this is not a deal and speculation only but nonetheless what's the point in your post...go poke an admin if you want this thread closed so badly.

Too much false hope in this thread, the chances of Atlus of reprinting is as much as Square-Enix reprinting Valkyrie Profile, meaning it took them about 5-7 years to report it on the PSP....the reason Disgaea was reprinted, was probably due to the remake being done for the PSP, thus Disgaea won't be a rare game to find nowadays.

I have kept an eye on Wherehouse for several years now and SMT: Nocturne has been shown as "Coming Soon" now for at LEAST a year if not longer. Take that for what you will, it's not coming.

Atlus has never really handled thier own reprints in the past as far as I know. If this game is going to be reprinted then I suspect that gamequest is behind this as they have handled Persona 2 and Rhapsody in the past. Of course when Gamequest does this its almost impossible to tell from looking at the packaging.

[quote name='lagartijanick']Atlus has never really handled thier own reprints in the past as far as I know. If this game is going to be reprinted then I suspect that gamequest is behind this as they have handled Persona 2 and Rhapsody in the past. Of course when Gamequest does this its almost impossible to tell from looking at the packaging.[/QUOTE]

Those games were missing the original Sony seal, though they had the factory packaging.

If this really happens, this will be the first time I'll see a reprint of a game I don't already have in my collection. About fucking time time I get a break.

[quote name='equest943']How does a company not handle reprints of their own game? Just thought I'd ask .[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, for a small company, the cost of having to set up the machines to reprint their games isn't worth it. Atlus is one of those companies which only prints enough games to warrant a nice profit on niche games. They don't take risks of having a huge overstock of games.

Plus, they're heavily fan driven and I'm guessing their fans didn't like having reprints come out after they paid full price for a game thinking it might sell out.

Then how does the company get permission from Atlus to reprint in the first place? And does Atlus profit of these reprints regardless?

[quote name='Vinny']Sometimes, for a small company, the cost of having to set up the machines to reprint their games isn't worth it. Atlus is one of those companies which only prints enough games to warrant a nice profit on niche games. They don't take risks of having a huge overstock of games. [/QUOTE]
Just in case you weren't aware, all PS2 (and Wii, and Xbox 360, and just about everything else) discs are manufactured in the same set of factories. They aren't pressed by the individual publishers. I'm not sure about the manuals and covers, but the discs all come from the same place(s).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Just in case you weren't aware, all PS2 (and Wii, and Xbox 360, and just about everything else) discs are manufactured in the same set of factories. They aren't pressed by the individual publishers. I'm not sure about the manuals and covers, but the discs all come from the same place(s).[/QUOTE]

interesting. so Sony, MS, and Nintendo own these factories or what?

[quote name='Apossum']interesting. so Sony, MS, and Nintendo own these factories or what?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so...I'm pretty sure they job it out to dedicated disc factories.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I don't think so...I'm pretty sure they job it out to dedicated disc factories.[/QUOTE]

OMG y do ppl keep bring this thread back!!! :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

bread's done
Back