Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

wingeddragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
254 (100%)
Anyone else play this game? Its great so far. I have it on rental from Gamefly and im seriously thinking about keeping it. What are all of your opinions on it?

Demonic game x.x I'm not too much into ghost, ghouls and such, but it did catch my attention and I still have awhiles till I beat it. But so far.. I'm liking it ^__^.

What does everybody think of the difficulty level? All the reviews I read said that it was a very difficult game. I've played it for about 1.5 to 2 hours and it doesn't seem that difficut to me, so does it get harder the further into the game you get? Now Ninja Gaiden, that's a hard game.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Its a terrible game, that is all I have to say.[/quote]

That's a good reason..

I was glad Atlus finally decided to bring MegaTen to the U.S. It's a nice change from all of the other overrated Square RPGs people rave about. The Megami Tensei series has always had a unique theme and demon recruiting battle system. I think it's foolish how people try to compare it to Pokemon.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']What does everybody think of the difficulty level? All the reviews I read said that it was a very difficult game. I've played it for about 1.5 to 2 hours and it doesn't seem that difficut to me, so does it get harder the further into the game you get? Now Ninja Gaiden, that's a hard game.[/quote]
It will spike up on you. Just keep leveling up and you should be fine. Also plaining is key.

[quote name='Gabers'][quote name='zionoverfire']Its a terrible game, that is all I have to say.[/quote]

That's a good reason..

I was glad Atlus finally decided to bring MegaTen to the U.S. It's a nice change from all of the other overrated Square RPGs people rave about. The Megami Tensei series has always had a unique theme and demon recruiting battle system. I think it's foolish how people try to compare it to Pokemon.[/quote]

Its not like pokemon, the recruiting system is very similar to Demikids though. I find the battles every 10 steps to be a pain and the story is very dry. But I thought I'd try to keep my comment simply least I create a flame war or argument that would hijack the thread.

[quote name='Sk'][quote name='RedvsBlue']What does everybody think of the difficulty level? All the reviews I read said that it was a very difficult game. I've played it for about 1.5 to 2 hours and it doesn't seem that difficut to me, so does it get harder the further into the game you get? Now Ninja Gaiden, that's a hard game.[/quote]
It will spike up on you. Just keep leveling up and you should be fine. Also plaining is key.[/quote]

I'm assuming you meant planning? And in reference to that are you referring to the monster weakness system in the battles? I've found in the battles I've done so far that if you can manage to attack weaknesses of the monsters your fighting, battles can be a breeze.

fiends are hella hard...

I kno theyre optional but their difficulty discourages me from playing the game.

like I beat the first of the fiend horsey riders over a month ago,

then I never picked the game up again.

I didnt feel like playing it at all on my winter break

but now that Im back in school I wanna pick it back up again

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Sk'][quote name='RedvsBlue']What does everybody think of the difficulty level? All the reviews I read said that it was a very difficult game. I've played it for about 1.5 to 2 hours and it doesn't seem that difficut to me, so does it get harder the further into the game you get? Now Ninja Gaiden, that's a hard game.[/quote]
It will spike up on you. Just keep leveling up and you should be fine. Also plaining is key.[/quote]

I'm assuming you meant planning? And in reference to that are you referring to the monster weakness system in the battles? I've found in the battles I've done so far that if you can manage to attack weaknesses of the monsters your fighting, battles can be a breeze.[/quote]
Yeah once you find a boss' weakness each battle becomes easy as pie, but some of the higher up bosses have harder to find weakness or instant death attacts that take effect quickly in each round. Some of the battles are really hard, and I'm having trouble with certain bosses. Don't think its a cake walk just yet, sometimes this game really surprises you.

yeay~!

today was mine first time playing since forever (well over a month... prolly 6 weeks)

I kicked Red Rider's ass!! I sucked that mothersucker the suck up!!

gotta love the guide!

under move descriptions it tells you which monsters have them

under monster descriptions it tells you where u can find them

and if u cant catch em, learn how to fuse them!

may be time consuming, but u can build killer partys for every situation

bread's done
Back