Shining Force Feather DS

laaj

CAGiversary!
Entirely new game set in 3000 years after the original game. It's set to come out in Japan in spring and it should come out in US (considering past series history).

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169728

Sega is going RPG crazy on DS lately: Sonic, Infinite Space, World Destruction, Shinning Force.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY fuckING GOD!

Sorry, but this has taken over the new Suikoden as my most wanted game. As long as it is indeed an SRPG.

[quote name='62t']seeing how camelot is no longer working with sega, i am not getting my hope up[/quote]
But I liked Summon Night more than Golden Sun, so Flight Plan is even better!

[quote name='botticus']But I liked Summon Night more than Golden Sun, so Flight Plan is even better![/QUOTE]

the same flight plan that made Posion Pink which got average review score? I dont think anyone will top Shining Force 3 for a long time.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']
I swear they need to put shining force 2 on the damn wii..[/quote]

I would rather they release SF 1 & 2 and Shinning in the Darkness for Sega Genesis Collection Vol. 2 :D

[quote name='botticus']But I liked Summon Night more than Golden Sun, so Flight Plan is even better![/quote]

Same here. I always thought Golden Sun was so overrated.

I enjoyed the old Shining Force series with it's old school roots with it's simple combat system and charming characters. I hope it won't turn out like the last generation Shining Series turds like Shining Tears or Shining Force Neo/Exa.

Judging by those screen shots the movements seems similar Growlanser. You can pinpoint your location then you move to set position. The combat system seems like semi action turn based rpg. You get a limited amount of time to attack which is similar Valkyrie Profile, Spectral Force 3, Namco Vs Capcom, Mugen no Frontier: Super Robot Wars OG Saga and Eternal Sonata.

I'm still hoping for Sega to release Dragon Force from the Sega Ages. I doubt that will occur. If you look at other last last generation remakes for ps2(Tales of Destiny 2, Brigandine , Nights), they never come statewide. They will probably ignore it since they have more profitable Phantasy Star Portable. It seem like these new line MMO like Monster Hunter, Phantasy Star Portable and Final Fantasy 12 are really popular in Japan. They all have MMO elements, but they arn't really MMO since they are missing the massive multiplayer. I think Japanese arn't too keen toward online games.

I got to play it today at TGS :D It was different from the rest of the series (obviously, since Camelot isn't part of it), but it was quite enjoyable :)

I love how they got lid of the grid system, but it might make protecting the weak characters more difficult.

[quote name='laaj']I love how they got lid of the grid system, but it might make protecting the weak characters more difficult.[/QUOTE]

I think it will be a nice change up from most Tactical style games that still use the grid system. Its nice to just have a free range movement. But yeah, itll be much harder to block off direct path the healers and range heroes now, but I guess that also depends on how much range they actually give the spellcasters and rage heroes to attack from. I really want this to come out in the US already T___T

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Wow, my previous post was so uncalled for.[/QUOTE] True, but some of these titles . . .
Has anybody done a random JRPG name generator yet?

Choose one from Group A, one from Group B, one from Group C, and add a random roman numeral:

Group A
Final
Ultimate
Super
Happy
Revenge
Time
Shining

Group B
Sword
Crystal
Blade
Trigger
Heart
Cheeseburger

Group C
Chronicles
Tales
Wars
Conflicts
Sagas
Travels

It works . . .
Ultimate Blade Tales VI
Time Crystal Conflicts III
Happy Cheeseburger Travels MCMLX (okay, maybe not that one ;))

You can do it as "C" of "A" "B", too:

Sagas of Shining Trigger IV

Okay, so I'm bored today.

[quote name='pob14']True, but some of these titles . . .
Has anybody done a random JRPG name generator yet?

Choose one from Group A, one from Group B, one from Group C, and add a random roman numeral:

Group A
Final
Ultimate
Super
Happy
Revenge
Time
Shining

Group B
Sword
Crystal
Blade
Trigger
Heart
Cheeseburger

Group C
Chronicles
Tales
Wars
Conflicts
Sagas
Travels

It works . . .
Ultimate Blade Tales VI
Time Crystal Conflicts III
Happy Cheeseburger Travels MCMLX (okay, maybe not that one ;))

You can do it as "C" of "A" "B", too:

Sagas of Shining Trigger IV

Okay, so I'm bored today.[/QUOTE]

It works for the Manatees that write Family Guy!

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've lost hope that this will come to the US just like Fragile for the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Dont give up hope! Its only just released 3 months ago in Japan. I still got faith for US release! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

bread's done
Back