Shipping a PS3?

Jmclark

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Alright, I sold my 40GB PS3 on Amazon, because I'm upgrading to a Slim. I have until Monday to mail it out. My question is, what's the best way to ship it? I still have the original box, but I'm missing some of the things that held the PS3 in place. And I live in Maine and I have to ship it to California. So any suggestions on the best method/place to ship it?

Wrap it and the controller(if sending one) in plastic, seal that plastic up well, then try fitting it in a large flat rate USPS Priority Mail box after wrapping it in bubble wrap and pack paper or foam peanuts on either end of the console and all around to fill in any gaps.

It should get it there for about $15 and change. You can opt for insurance, get sig or delivery confirmation on it and it should get there in about three days.

What exactly did you mean by 'you're missing some of the things that held the PS3 in place' though? If you're talking about the little rubber feet or whatever, those should be easy to replace, though they don't really serve much of a purpose anyway as long as the system is on a flat, stable surface.

Ahhh. That could be, in which case then exposing it to possible jarring by USPS wouldn't be a good idea, since I know they can be rather rough handling packages.

I think the missing stuff he's referring to are the cardboard thingys (don't know what they're called :lol: ) that holds the system in place when inside the box, so it doesn't move back and forth when it's on-the-move, or being shipped, or whatever. ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wrap it and the controller(if sending one) in plastic, seal that plastic up well, then try fitting it in a large flat rate USPS Priority Mail box after wrapping it in bubble wrap and pack paper or foam peanuts on either end of the console and all around to fill in any gaps.

It should get it there for about $15 and change. You can opt for insurance, get sig or delivery confirmation on it and it should get there in about three days.

What exactly did you mean by 'you're missing some of the things that held the PS3 in place' though? If you're talking about the little rubber feet or whatever, those should be easy to replace, though they don't really serve much of a purpose anyway as long as the system is on a flat, stable surface.[/QUOTE]

I meant the cardboard things that hold the PS3 in place in the box. And I might have to look into the flat rate box, that would save me $5 compared to the estimates I'm getting on UPS.com.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I think the missing stuff he's referring to are the cardboard thingys (don't know what they're called :lol: ) that holds the system in place when inside the box, so it doesn't move back and forth when it's on-the-move, or being shipped, or whatever. ;)[/QUOTE]

I know the OP already confirmed it, but this.

I used to use my PS3 box to move my system whenever I took it over to a friends before I got broadband since I wasn't paying $50 for a carrying case, actually the thing is sitting in the other room on the top shelf. It worked fine, kept it in place, etc.

Yeah just make sure it isn't jiggling too much OP, and you have as much shock absorption in the box as possible. So when you lightly shake it no movement whatsoever occurs.

But also tracking/delivery confirmation at the very least is recommended (if it's going priority it's already included), the other things you'll have to decide upon depending on how much you were paid above and beyond for S&H.

bread's done
Back