Shipping Boxes for GBA games

goldengraham

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Since there have been problems on here before in shipping GBA games in regular mailing envelopes (smushed boxes, not carts), I was wondering where you guys got (cheap) boxes for shipping GBA games. I assume their pretty small and can go through first class delivery. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Either fold the box and put it in a bubblemailer with cardboard on the sides or try looking around retail stores for small shipping boxes that they throw away, that's where I get ALL my mailing materials...

Oh, sorry if I my original post was misleading, its only the boxes that are getting smushed, not the carts themselves.

I edited the original post to make it more clear.

[quote name='janglypangly']EEEKS,i just sent a game using a regular mailing envelope....what are the chances of it being smushed?

PS,its cart only..[/quote]

Staples has 6 x 6 x 6 boxes that are excellent especially if you are shipping 2 or 3 GBA games at once. They are like $.80 each or 3 for $2.

[quote name='janglypangly']EEEKS,i just sent a game using a regular mailing envelope....what are the chances of it being smushed?

The game might not get squashed, but there's a good chance that it may pop out of the envelope and never reach its intended destination. I don't know how often it happens, but I've heard numerous stories where a seller sends a GBA cart in a regular envelope and the buyer gets an empty envelope with a giant hole in it.

I would never send a GBA cart in a regular envelope, that is just asking for it.

As for boxes, Wal-Mart has boxes you can get for like 75 cents that work well

If you send in a regular envelope make sure they mark it nonmachinable thats what makes it pop out, its an extra .12 cent

[quote name='goldengraham']Since there have been problems on here before in shipping GBA games in regular mailing envelopes (smushed boxes, not carts), I was wondering where you guys got (cheap) boxes for shipping GBA games. I assume their pretty small and can go through first class delivery. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

This is easy. Make your own boxes. Just grab some stock cardboard (or cut up old boxes at the seams and bend it as you need it fold up the sides and tape that mother together and bingo form fitted packaging. It's a helluva lot cheaper than dishing out at least 1 buck a box in stores. you can get stock cardboard from a grocery store (just ask a manager or stock boy), you'll get about 4-5 boxes out of a medium sized box. It takes a while to make each one but...once you develop a technique you will get them knocked off in 5 minutes flat. Make sure you use lots of tape so that it doesn't come apart in transit.

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='janglypangly']EEEKS,i just sent a game using a regular mailing envelope....what are the chances of it being smushed?

The game might not get squashed, but there's a good chance that it may pop out of the envelope and never reach its intended destination. I don't know how often it happens, but I've heard numerous stories where a seller sends a GBA cart in a regular envelope and the buyer gets an empty envelope with a giant hole in it.[/quote]

That's because the sellers don't reinforce the flap with tape (which you should do with ALL presealable envelopes).

[quote name='dragonfireflys'][quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='janglypangly']EEEKS,i just sent a game using a regular mailing envelope....what are the chances of it being smushed?

The game might not get squashed, but there's a good chance that it may pop out of the envelope and never reach its intended destination. I don't know how often it happens, but I've heard numerous stories where a seller sends a GBA cart in a regular envelope and the buyer gets an empty envelope with a giant hole in it.[/quote]

That's because the sellers don't reinforce the flap with tape (which you should do with ALL presealable envelopes).[/quote]

its more that it is machine worked and not hand worked

bread's done
Back