Shipping Date vs. Release Dates

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!
So,

I was just thinking earlier..."Ooh, I get to pick up Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on Monday." Then, suddenly, I was depressed because I probably won't be able to pick it up till Teusday. Doesn't matter whether a title is AAA or not, they all seemed to be plauged by this. Does it annoy you?

I do get annoyed by this. Mainly because most ads will say "In Stores on..." and yet it would turn out that they're shipping dates, rather than release dates. I find that annoying.

If you plan on getting games on the Tuesday of the week they are released, then the majority of the time you will have nothing to worry about.

Nintendo usually announces monday release dates, which are really just their shipping dates, so you have to wait until the next day to get the game.

Yeah, that's always annoyed me. I just wish they'd street date them and have all new releases on store shelves at opening on Tuesdays just like music and movies.

Gets to be a pain when some stores get them out shipping day, some the day after, some hold it for an advertised date on Wed. or Thurs. etc.

ebstop seems to do it where the release date is the actually release date but you can't buy it on the day of...so wednesday is when the new games show up. that annoyed the hell out of the me when i went to get ssx blur the day it came out only to find that they wouldn't have it until the next day. i just go to the big retail chains now like best buy/cc and they are normally good to go.

bread's done
Back