Shipping from USA to UK

Wlogan31

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I recently moved across the pond from the US to the UK and was hoping someone here could help me with a simple problem (Google isn't being as helpful as I'd hoped, but perhaps I'm searching the wrong words).

My brother is looking to ship a bunch of gifts over to me but to do so as safely yet cheaply as possible (Nintendo DS Lite, some games, a new Sony digital camera, etc). What is the cheapest way to have these items shipped without paying crazy taxes, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Given that the items are gifts, make sure to mark them as gifts on the customs form so that you don't get hit with taxes as they come over. The customs declaration form will add up the cost of the items and if it exceeds a certain amount, you may get charged even if it is marked as a gift.

I've found that the cheapest and easiest method to ship a large number of items overseas is to just grab a flat-rate priority box and print shipping online. The USPS website walks right through the process, though it takes a bit of playing as it's not exactly intuitive.

bread's done
Back