Shipping question - More to ship to Hawaii/Alaska then in actual states?

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
Alrite, I have to winners in my auctions. One lives in Hawaii, the other Alaska. I live in California. Will it be more to ship to them then lets say New York?

Depends

1st class and Priority less than 1 pound will be the same anywhere in the US.

Over 1 pound varies by zone and will be more than to NYC. I think.

Just checked and I'm pretty sure that Media Mail is the same no matter the weight. Though I imagine Media Mail to HI or AK would be SLOOOOOW!

Parcel Post varies by distance as well. It's always less than Priority but it's sometimes just barely (like $0.10) less.

I use the shipping calculator for anything over 1 pound because of this.

You can play around with the postage calculater at usps.com and try some different scenarios.

[quote name='MaskedPlague']Actual states.....:lol:[/QUOTE]

What? We all know Hawaii and Alaska arn't really apart of the USA. C'mon, admit it.

Hope I don't piss of the 4 members that live there.

I think what Wubb said is true. When I ship first class to Alaska or Hawaii, shipping rates seem to be the same but one time I sent a Guncon 2 and Ninja Assault to Alaska and Priority was almost $10 without D/C, so I think it is true that a heavier item could cost a little more.

I live in Hawaii. So sending to Cali is 1.85. Priority is $3.85 Or just look for the zip code and input in USPS.com.

[quote name='gopro']I live in Hawaii. So sending to Cali is 1.85. Priority is $3.85 Or just look for the zip code and input in USPS.com.[/QUOTE]

He didn't say how much his package weighs.

regular mail and first class are not more expensive. So if the package is under 13 ounces it's based on weight. Priority is based on zones, so it will be about as expensive as if you ship to New York on something. DO NOT USE MEDIA MAIL, is it takes up to a month on a regular basis and you are gonna have a pissed off buyer.

Dave

Oh, BTW gizmo

Nick_Burns.jpg

'YOU'RE WELCOME'

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I think what Wubb said is true. When I ship first class to Alaska or Hawaii, shipping rates seem to be the same but one time I sent a Guncon 2 and Ninja Assault to Alaska and Priority was almost $10 without D/C, so I think it is true that a heavier item could cost a little more.[/QUOTE]

Also remember the post office now offers a flat rate envelope
shipped anywhere in the USA for $3.85. I have shipped 3 games
in them with no problems. They also offer flat rate boxes that
are around $7 or 8. I have shipped dvd box sets in them,
That would have costed 10 or 11 shipped priority to east coast.
Remember though. You must use the boxes/envelope marked flat rate.

I had a high bidder on a players guide auction who lived in Alaska . . . they paid but once I found out how long media mail would take (stated in the auction it was media) I sent an email to warn them . . . after 6 days without response . . . I shipped it. It took 6 weeks to get there :whistle2:0

bread's done
Back