Shipping question, Xbox 360 CC.com

andayaman

CAG Veteran
For those who have successfully ordered an Xbox 360 from Cirucuitcity.com in the past, can I expect my shipment to be delivered before the "expected" ship date?

I was fortunate enough to pick one up from CC.com and selected free standard shipping, with an estimated ship date of today, and estimated delivery date of 1-4-06. I'm having it delivered to Kansas, and I can't imagine it taking that long to reach a central state, especially if it's being delivered by UPS or Fedex.

If anyone has an answer, let me know, thanks.

I have ordered several items from the Circuitcity.com website the past few years. I've noticed that I've been getting my items in the next day (if I order in the morning) using the FedEx Premium shipping. So the additional price of the Express shipping is useless to me! These items have been coming in at an average of two days earlier than the estimated dates listed on the circuit city order confirmation.

I also just ordered the Xbox360 this morning using the Standard free ship. I'd be willing to bet that it will come in earlier than the expected date for you too.

Just realize, this is not the best time to expect quick delivery from any route be it USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL or Pony Express. Christmas time puts them way, way behind.

I actually ordered mine at 9am this morning and it shipped before noon, thanks CC. I picked the free standard shipping (wish I sprung for express), and CC's estimated date is the 4th. Though, that is usually well after when it will usually arrive. The real estimated arrival date will be provided by the shipper, in my case, Fedex. My tracking number isn't in the system yet, but I assume that since the cutoff date for arrival before Christmas was yesterday for standard shipping, that it'll arrive the next business day after. Just check your tracking number and it should give you an estimate.

My expected delivery date is Christmas Eve, the 24th, used the standard free shipping. Thats great.

Circuit City is on my happy list for now.

Damn, if I knew that for sure I would not have paid the 52 bucks for next day. But, I would need it shipped in the AM on the 24th, so it probably would not have worked for me.

[quote name='dafoomie']My expected delivery date is Christmas Eve, the 24th, used the standard free shipping. Thats great.

Circuit City is on my happy list for now.[/QUOTE]

I still havnent gotten my email saying it shipped :whistle2:\ Got my confirmation though. Just waiting to find out how long my brother has to wait.

[quote name='dafoomie']My expected delivery date is Christmas Eve, the 24th, used the standard free shipping. Thats great.

Circuit City is on my happy list for now.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure they're trying to get as many gifts as possible for Xmas, so they may be upgrading the shipping for free.

Nice to know you might get it without paying for the shipping.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm sure they're trying to get as many gifts as possible for Xmas, so they may be upgrading the shipping for free.

Nice to know you might get it without paying for the shipping.[/QUOTE]
Well, the cutoff date for the standard free shipping to arrive guaranteed by the 24th was yesterday. Its not much of a stretch that the standard shipping would take 3 days to some locations (by the 24th) or 4 days to others (next business day after the holiday). Plus, order status says Fedex Ground. Though, I do attribute the extremely short amount of time it took them to ship it, to that reason. Either way, CC gets a lot of credit. Bestbuy would never do that.

I ordered mine with free shipping on the 8th, estimated delivery date of the 20th, and it arrived on the 15th. That was FedEx ground going across the country. So I was happy.

[quote name='SeeYa']I ordered mine with free shipping on the 8th, estimated delivery date of the 20th, and it arrived on the 15th. That was FedEx ground going across the country. So I was happy.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly the same but last week (wed) I ordered animal crossind :WW from eb online with the free shipping and was estimated to get it today. I got it the next day (thursday) in the morning. I even ordered at like 6 at night too. Fed Ex has just picked up the pace overall during the holiday I think.

[quote name='dafoomie']Well, the cutoff date for the standard free shipping to arrive guaranteed by the 24th was yesterday. Its not much of a stretch that the standard shipping would take 3 days to some locations (by the 24th) or 4 days to others (next business day after the holiday). Plus, order status says Fedex Ground. Though, I do attribute the extremely short amount of time it took them to ship it, to that reason. Either way, CC gets a lot of credit. Bestbuy would never do that.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like they had the cut-off for standard shipping to end of the day yesterday, and assumed anything in by then would get packed and shipped out this morning. Guess you slipped under the wire.

Either way, nicely down on getting ti so quickly, and yes, I agree, BB would never have done it that way. CC gets a plus in my book from how they're handling this, yes. One more reason I like CC.com more than BB.com.

I'll do a little :pray:ing that it'll show up.

I ordered for overnight at 9:45am est and they said I should have tomorrow by 3pm. Shipped in 2 boxes though.

Happy days. ;-)

bread's done
Back